The Conte Thread

6 minutes ago, Monziò said:

Allegri has great tactical acumen, he studies specific expedients and sharply intervenes on the flow of games. He is the coach you see the hand more on sundays than weekdays. I'm sure he can do very well with sound successful teams as he is well-fitted for elimination tournaments and not really for leagues. At Chelsea he couldn't have done an ounce of what Conte's doing. 

Conte is not a leader, he is a fucking conqueror king who builds his armada and pushes to the boundaries without ever looking back. Exhaustion is the worst enemy, at first physically - march was a ponderous time and i see he is still using the very same regulars - then, slowly, a mental burnout. Chelsea managers must be good in bringing in the right players to improve technique and make a renewal of tired or relaxed ones: Conte doesn't look good at all in market. Sooner or later Conte will burn his immense energy too and i wouldn't be surprised if he'll take a sabbatical year to restore before next campaign.

I just had a magnificent idea for Juve and Chelsea to swap between Conte and Allegri every some years! Go go Conte!.. 

None of our managers since around 2008 or so have been astute at rotating players. We're already seeing our players tiring, and too many of our coaches have said 'We don't need the full quota of players, 20 is enough', as an example. It's a naive approach to believe 11 players wins a league. It takes a lot more than just those players. Unfortunately that's the only thing giving me doubt about winning the title this season. 

19 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

ANTONIOOOOO, ANTONIOOOO!

10 consecutive wins! 

Last time we had so many consecutive wins, it was under another Italian (:carlo:). And we won the title that season. 

It was under Mourinho. Chelsea had never won 10 in a row under Ancelotti.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Conte is the quickest Chelsea manager to ever reach 40 points. He's currently out-performing Mourinho's legendary 2004/05 season which is insane, considering how much more competitive the PL is and how many other teams can now fight for the title. Still a LONG way to go though. 

His current league record since he took over at Juventus stands at 130 games, 97 wins, 25 draws and 9 defeats. 

Actually, this actually the 2ND fastest ever start we've made to reach or exceed 40 points. Conte is the quickest to do it since it's his first season here.

The all time record is 2005/2006 with 43. 

Conte lauds Fabregas' 'great commitment'. "I have four midfielders and I have to try and make the best choice before every game.

Kante, Fabregas, Matic and Chalobah.

Weird because we definitely need one more but I don't want to see Chalobah drop down the pecking order.

3 hours ago, Styles said:

Kante, Fabregas, Matic and Chalobah.

Weird because we definitely need one more but I don't want to see Chalobah drop down the pecking order.

I think he means in the formation, he only has 4 places for midfield and two of those are for wing backs.

5 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

It was under Mourinho. Chelsea had never won 10 in a row under Ancelotti.

not true. 

in 2009 chelsea won 11 but it was stretched over two seasons from April till Sept. Carlo came on in the summer. so its a technicality 

13 hours ago, Leif said:

None of our managers since around 2008 or so have been astute at rotating players. We're already seeing our players tiring, and too many of our coaches have said 'We don't need the full quota of players, 20 is enough', as an example. It's a naive approach to believe 11 players wins a league. It takes a lot more than just those players. Unfortunately that's the only thing giving me doubt about winning the title this season. 

Disagree - we are only in 2 competitions this season - League and FA Cup

if our players cannot handle that - then they need to be ashamed of their physical condition 

Rotation is shit - end of story

Leicester hardly changed their team at all last season - look what happened 

Pep is constantly fiddling as is Poch - look where they are

I normally defend players - but to suggest they cannot manage 45ish games a season takes the piss IMHO 

3 hours ago, Muzchap said:

if our players cannot handle that - then they need to be ashamed of their physical condition 

I normally defend players - but to suggest they cannot manage 45ish games a season takes the piss IMHO 

Rotation isn't shit, it is good when we are involved in multiple competitions. But out current situation where our only focus is PL, no way should the players be complaining. They get more than ample rest time to remain physically fit.

4 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I don't think fiddling is a good idea. Nor rotating for rotation's sake, which I didn't imply. I said specifically, Hazard, Costa, and Luiz, are all already at about 80% energy/health wise, whereas they should be at 95%. I understand that Hazard & Luiz have fallen victim to horror tackles and whatnot, but that doesn't change the fact that while they get their rest, capable rotation-options need to be in our cards - which they currently are not. Neymar gets rests, Ronaldo gets rests, Dybala and Higuain get rests, why on earth would we not rest our players? 

There's more to fatigue than just physical, also. I stand by the opinion that Costa gets bored in games vs. small teams no matter the significance of the bout, so again, should be considered for rotation, which can only benefit a team when a capable back-up is around. Bayern rest Ribery, Robben, and Muller consistently, bringing them out for the big games, while nurturing their future replacements in the smaller ones. 

Then, you have to consider from another angle; how many times have we seen players be picked time and time again, to the point of taking their position for granted, and then no longer giving their all? Too often. It's no coincidence Cahill improves the moment Zouma is better. Competition for places is healthy, but there's no competition if you say 'These are my best players; they will play every game unless they break a leg.'

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I don't think fiddling is a good idea. Nor rotating for rotation's sake, which I didn't imply. I said specifically, Hazard, Costa, and Luiz, are all already at about 80% energy/health wise, whereas they should be at 95%. I understand that Hazard & Luiz have fallen victim to horror tackles and whatnot, but that doesn't change the fact that while they get their rest, capable rotation-options need to be in our cards - which they currently are not. Neymar gets rests, Ronaldo gets rests, Dybala and Higuain get rests, why on earth would we not rest our players? 

There's more to fatigue than just physical, also. I stand by the opinion that Costa gets bored in games vs. small teams no matter the significance of the bout, so again, should be considered for rotation, which can only benefit a team when a capable back-up is around. Bayern rest Ribery, Robben, and Muller consistently, bringing them out for the big games, while nurturing their future replacements in the smaller ones. 

Then, you have to consider from another angle; how many times have we seen players be picked time and time again, to the point of taking their position for granted, and then no longer giving their all? Too often. It's no coincidence Cahill improves the moment Zouma is better. Competition for places is healthy, but there's no competition if you say 'These are my best players; they will play every game unless they break a leg.'

Conte isn't Ancelotti, we have already seen players been dropped because of poor form and if we god for bid drop points in all 3 games coming i would imagine we would see changes at White Hart lane.  Also we have a weeks rest after Palace and over a week between spurs at WHLand Hull (i can't imagine Hazard, Luiz and Costa playing vs Petobrough/Notts unless we are in trouble with 15 minutes left) so there is still enough time for R and R even in this period.