The Mourinho Thread

With Jose's decision to start Lampard im afraid we're about to get to another season without a proper solution for the pivot.. i hope MVG would step it up and be that man besides Ramires, if not its going to be a hugh problem. I hope Jose havent meant that Lampard will be our first choise for the all season.

With Jose's decision to start Lampard im afraid we're about to get to another season without a proper solution for the pivot.. i hope MVG would step it up and be that man besides Ramires, if not its going to be a hugh problem. I hope Jose havent meant that Lampard will be our first choise for the all season.

I expect Lampard to start against teams like Hull. We need his goals from midfield, but against tougher teams where we have to defend more, Essien, Mikel or MVG should be ahead of him.

bringing the discussion from the match thread to Mourinho's - where it's more appropriate.

Here are some raw calculations of how Madrid performed under Mourinho in the last two seasons:

Here to back me up.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=28;team=381

There were 72 matches in the last two seasons (didn't use his first there because he was still figuring out the best formation, tactics, etc).

Those are the stats (Excel calculation). Out of those 71 matches, they won 58. Out of those 58 this is how they scored in the second half:

3+ goals: 18 matches - 31%

2 goals: 19 matches - 33%

1 goal: 12 matches - 21 %

0 goals: 9 matches. - 15%

(they lost 4 and drew 9 - and the SOBs don't recognize how much he did for the club, I want to slap some bitches for being ungrateful, that's TWO seasons)

It means they scored 2+ goals in the 2H 64% of the matches they played. That's more than half! And that's considering scoring more than 2 goals. If you add the matches they scored another goal then it's 85%.

Also, they were leading the scoreline in HT in 28 of those matches, meaning 48% of those times they scored in the second half they were already winning and chose not to conserve a lead and reduce chances of conceding. There might be small flaws in the calculation because I didn't write the IF functions on Excel because I'm lazy (was watching tennis and now I'm hungry). But point is, Mourinho isn't the guy who sits in the advantage anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.

This is a new Mourinho that some may not know.

I have no reason to believe he won't be the same here. This team has almost as much of an attacking vocation as Madrid has.

Tomorrow when I'm not so tired, I'll cross the results and give a more precise result. 52% of those matches RM was either losing or drawing when they finished the 2nd half. 48% they were winning, out of those 48% there might be some of the 9 matches they didn't score. But I guess those numbers here alone give you an idea of my point.

That's why he says he's a new Mourinho, not only because of how he behaves, but also his view of the sport. In one of his interviews he mentioned he changed his tactics.

There you go. Compare that to his first spell here and he's a new guy, regardless of Madrid's natural vocation to attack - one we also have now, although not to the same extent they do.

I don't think Jose told them to ease off but i don't even care if he did, the game was done and the 3 points along with everyone staying fit was the perfect scenario. With Villa in midweek, it was pretty much the perfect game today. The shear presence of the man just made everyone so happy today.

Because of the Inter match in 2010, this time we know how it feels for opposition supporters to face a Mourinho team, the man's meer presence strikes the fear of god into you.

As for him being on your side, well put it this way, i am never arrogant enough to claim a victory before kick off, but their was times (like today) under Jose where i was 99% sure, the aura of confidence and assurance he brings is unrivaled in the modern game.

'We will try until the last day to add a new player to the squad, a striker, but at this moment every striker has a club and belongs to somebody. I don't think it's ethical for me to name players that belong to other clubs.

'If we have to make a bid we will do it in an official way, we don't speak to players, we speak to clubs. We will talk to the club in the correct manner and we will try that until the last day of the window.'

From the way Jose talked, Rooney is the main target but it indicated that he has another option if Rooney not sign, could be Martinez or someone else. Almost sure we will buy a striker by the end of transfer window. Expected Ba to leave.

even if both wanted it, Lampard can't start all matches because he isn't capable of doing so physically anymore. So I'm sure that's not his plan.