The Mourinho Thread

All I've heard this morning on the radio is that he has tomorrow to save his job with Hiddink ready to take over until the end of the season, its absolutely ridiculous that we have not even HALF a season thats terrible yet we're ready to pull the trigger on £30million contract dismissal and getting rid of the manager we all wanted back for years and years.

I don't agree with everything thats happened but yeah I can bang on about the transfers that were not done because thats the issues that a manager foresaw, same as we all said toward the end of last season "Wow we really need a world class CM" to say the least.

It'll be a sad day when we're all back here posting for a new managers head, same old Chelsea with no stability - does Jose need to evolve as a manager? Sure. But we need to evolve as a club instead of the hiring/firing mentality we have.

Who comes in? Hiddink? To the end of the season? His last 'good job' was Chelsea. Ancelotti? No thank you, we've been there with that eyebrow before. Bielsa? Seriously. someone suggested that and I can't remember who but my.. give me whatever your on. Pep at the end of the season? I think its safe to say that Munich didn't get as much as they hoped for with Pep, league titles in Germany when they consistently spend a good amount of money against the competition + buying their stand out players.

Its a tough period that we'll be better off for if we see it through.

I was slapped down for this transfer argument previously but seriously, we had our business done early with Fab/Costa, settled pre-season, complete reverse in the summer and we're suffering, why does everyone have such an issue with that? Would it be the worst thing in the world to make it to 4th, get the players he wants in the summer and then compete again next year?

It's not about making 4th though. It's about 7 or 8 first team players not performing to their capabilities (only Azpi, Willian and Begovic are excused from criticism)

I agree about the lack of transfers but Mourinho has enough quality at his disposal to be better than 15th in the EPL after 10 games.

Even the commentators are questioning what has happened to the Chelsea of last season, they said after 10 games, only Sunderland and Villa have conceded more direct shots on goal this season (which is pretty concerning for a manager known for keeping clean sheets and keeping his defense tight).

Will be interesting to see what happens after the Liverpool game.

All I've heard this morning on the radio is that he has tomorrow to save his job with Hiddink ready to take over until the end of the season, its absolutely ridiculous that we have not even HALF a season thats terrible yet we're ready to pull the trigger on £30million contract dismissal and getting rid of the manager we all wanted back for years and years.

I don't agree with everything thats happened but yeah I can bang on about the transfers that were not done because thats the issues that a manager foresaw, same as we all said toward the end of last season "Wow we really need a world class CM" to say the least.

It'll be a sad day when we're all back here posting for a new managers head, same old Chelsea with no stability - does Jose need to evolve as a manager? Sure. But we need to evolve as a club instead of the hiring/firing mentality we have.

Who comes in? Hiddink? To the end of the season? His last 'good job' was Chelsea. Ancelotti? No thank you, we've been there with that eyebrow before. Bielsa? Seriously. someone suggested that and I can't remember who but my.. give me whatever your on. Pep at the end of the season? I think its safe to say that Munich didn't get as much as they hoped for with Pep, league titles in Germany when they consistently spend a good amount of money against the competition + buying their stand out players.

I was slapped down for this transfer argument previously but seriously, we had our business done early with Fab/Costa, settled pre-season, complete reverse in the summer and we're suffering, why does everyone have such an issue with that? Would it be the worst thing in the world to make it to 4th, get the players he wants in the summer and then compete again next year?

After the Southampton game Jose said everybody needs to take responsibility and stick together in these trying times. Well, what is his responsibility? Does he admit any wrong doing on his part? Is he capable of change? why shouldn't he be sacked? ... I'm not convinced he should be fired, but I don't see why not

So you genuinely think we're languishing at 15th place because of lack of good transfers? Is the lack of good transfers the main reason why we're 15th for you?

So you genuinely think we're languishing at 15th place because of lack of good transfers? Is the lack of good transfers the main reason why we're 15th for you?

For me it's because our manager is too arrogant and refusing to accept any blame, coupled with outdated tactics and a lack of rotation and youth integration, along with plenty of controversy on/off the pitch

All of that takes its toll. It seems like the players no longer enjoy playing under Mou - rightly or wrongly - you need the players to want it.

I have no doubt that an 'average' manager can get us winning again very quickly.

It is a sad time - but Mou has brought this on himself - I honestly do believe that.

Yes Matic was stupid to get sent off - but let's look at that situation, he was publicly condemned - had a good game and felt under pressure to perform - so he tried too hard and got sent off. Thats an example of Jose's mind games backfiring. I just wouldn't want to work with a manager like him - ever.

Arsenal didn't sign a single outfield player but they're not 20th.

The lack of good signings stalled and prevented progress but it's not the reason, or even one of the reasons, for the complete meltdown.

Mate the league employs goal line technology, referees don't make the decision based on what they see.

You'll find they don't they do on "match of the day" and other bits but in the game we don't see it.

And how the hell is it a "no goal"

_86309312_nogoal1.jpg

So since the right call (no goal) was made, just because from first glance it looked like it was in, we should have scored?

I don't get that. It didn't go in, so no, it should not be a goal.

Are you really a chelsea fan or just a ref fan?

_86309312_nogoal1.jpg

Look at the ball and look at the line... now tell me that's a no goal or we shouldn't be pissed?

The WHOLE of the ball has to cross the line. The goal-line technology was right in this case. No goal.

I'm going to bring this up then if someone tries to score against us and Begovic, Courtois or a player manages to push it away before it goes over.

read here some old stuff from this blog writer. (link) - http://community.livejournal.com/_fcbarcelona_/319296.html?page=

Jose Mourinho , Josep Guardiola , FC Barcelona when uefa rigged everything for fc barcelona to win UCL.

"Barça is The Illuminati." - Jose Mourinho

APR. 28TH, 2011 AT 2:54 PM

The man is close to boiling over 24/7 it appears to me. He very rarely looks calm anymore...he now looks and behaves like that very angry and stubborn Wenger. There's a difference though, Jose doesn't have the job security Wenger does.

Reckon he could be angling for the sack...oh and a nice £37 000 000 pay off

...I am lost. If any of our players managed to make a goalline save, why bring my quote up?

because you said the whole ball must cross the line at all times, so if it doesn't and it's given against us I'm bringing that picture up and your quote. Because it's one rule for us and one for others and to think you agree with the refs and goaline technology baffles me.

read here some old stuff from this blog writer. (link) - http://community.livejournal.com/_fcbarcelona_/319296.html?page=
Jose Mourinho , Josep Guardiola , FC Barcelona when uefa rigged everything for fc barcelona to win UCL.
"Barça is The Illuminati." - Jose Mourinho
APR. 28TH, 2011 AT 2:54 PM

Ahh, the famous por que? press conference. The poll results on that one are hilarious as well.

So, I read that The Times have claimed that Mourinho is one "big" loss away from the sack. The idea from what I understand is to have a temporary manager until summer (the names I have heard are Hiddink and Ancelotti, although I cant see Carlo accepting such an offer for several reasons), and then get another one for the new season.
Im not sure whether it is Times or a less reliable source, but I read that the main candidates are Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone.

How would people here feel about those two names? Guardiola has an excellent track record,but both his teams were already very, very good before him. I would personally prefer Simeone, I think he has the perfect combination of tactical knowledge and leadership skills that would ensure him success. He signed a new contract with Atletico recently, so I cant see him being cheap though. Sacking Mou and hiring Simeone could be an extremely expensive affair, but surely Chelsea were smart enough to include some kind of "minimum performance" clause in Mou's contract?

So, I read that The Times have claimed that Mourinho is one "big" loss away from the sack. The idea from what I understand is to have a temporary manager until summer (the names I have heard are Hiddink and Ancelotti, although I cant see Carlo accepting such an offer for several reasons), and then get another one for the new season.

Im not sure whether it is Times or a less reliable source, but I read that the main candidates are Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone.

How would people here feel about those two names? Guardiola has an excellent track record,but both his teams were already very, very good before him. I would personally prefer Simeone, I think he has the perfect combination of tactical knowledge and leadership skills that would ensure him success. He signed a new contract with Atletico recently, so I cant see him being cheap though. Sacking Mou and hiring Simeone could be an extremely expensive affair, but surely Chelsea were smart enough to include some kind of "minimum performance" clause in Mou's contract?

as it hasnt been discussed much in here recently, I am going to stick my neck out and say that quite a lot of posters would be happy with Josep Guardiola. ;-)

As you quite rightly say Simeone has just signed an extension and would be expensive whereas Guardiola would come on a 'free' so to speak.

Me.... think I will be different and go for Alan Pardew ;-) ( well he is a Chelsea fan after all )..you know...One of Us......now where have I heard that before?

I believe, Simone is too much like Jose... and Jose is the best of his kind, it would be foolish to sack him and hire someone just like him who flourishes being an underdog. I don't expect Guardiola to come to us either