Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

RAC 1 with some more information on Pedro's release clause... #CFC #FCB

Pedro's clause (1/2): "It could go from 150million to 30million depending on the games played now..." (RAC1)

Pedro's clause (2/2): "...the club [FC Barcelona] could apply this calculation to the games he played last season" (RAC1) #FCB #CFC

Radio Catalunya - "From the club say they do not have any offer for Pedro or any communication by the agent of the player." (RAC1) #FCB #CFC

Mourinho will instruct #CFC to contact #FCB and pay Pedro's release clause only once the electoral process has been completed (Diario Sport)

The difference with #CFC's bid, though, is that Mourinho has personally called Pedro. Neither Wenger nor Rodgers did. (Diario Sport) #FCB

Are Diario sport reliable?

They say Mou has spoken to Pedro, but we haven't made contact with Barca. Isn't that tapping up? Seems unlikely.

Why do people always respond with phrases like " like who" " he's not available" in virtually every transfer thread. Every single player bar messi and Ronaldo are available for a price. The question is whether A)we have the funds and B ) if we are willing to spend the amount it would require to buy world class players. Players like Isco,Pogba, Reus, Varane et al are far from unattainable.

I really like Willian as an overall workhorse type player who keeps the play flowing but Pedro's finishing is pretty class... wouldn't say no to Pedro although I would prefer isco to him and maybe griezmann (although I don't feel griezmann is worth 1.5X what Pedro is... but meh, ffp seems to be going down the drain anyways so who cares)

I'm the opposite. Scoring loads in two seasons, which happens to be 5 years ago, doesn't mean much when he played in the best team seen for a while. Barca were scoring bucket loads.

So what? Kaka went to Real Madrid at Pedro's age and he was shit, by your logic that is supposed to be impossible just because Real are a 'better team'. Costa has a better goal scoring record here, that's even with being out for almost a third of the season. Hazard has improved his goalscoring record here. So I do not believe it is beyond the realms of possibility to say that Pedro can score 15 goals a season as a starter considering he's scored more than that at Barca. You think he's going to come here and suddenly turn into Willian for some reason? That is even less likely.

Why do people always respond with phrases like " like who" " he's not available" in virtually every transfer thread. Every single player bar messi and Ronaldo are available for a price. The question is whether A)we have the funds and B ) if we are willing to spend the amount it would require to buy world class players. Players like Isco,Pogba, Reus, Varane et al are far from unattainable.

For most people paying 200M for Messi falls into "unavailable" category.

Football Manager has made people think negotiations are this simple. What about what the player wants? What the agent wants? What the sponsors want? Not as simple as ponying up and expecting all the other factors to vanish.

Isco is not world class. We also had a much better player than Isco and Mourinho sold him to United in favour of Oscar. Genius move.

Isco is not world class. We also had a much better player than Isco and Mourinho sold him to United in favour of Oscar. Genius move.

Isco is better than Mata, for once he does actually track back now. He bailed out Madrid a few times last season such as against Valencia...etc while Mata can hardly even start for MU for the majority of last season.

Isco might not be 'world class' but he is VERY VERY GOOD, that 2nd level below world class if you define world class as Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Hazard, CR7...etc but then 95% of other players in the world are not world class.

So what? Kaka went to Real Madrid at Pedro's age and he was shit, by your logic that is supposed to be impossible just because Real are a 'better team'. Costa has a better goal scoring record here, that's even with being out for almost a third of the season. Hazard has improved his goalscoring record here. So I do not believe it is beyond the realms of possibility to say that Pedro can score 15 goals a season as a starter considering he's scored more than that at Barca. You think he's going to come here and suddenly turn into Willian for some reason? That is even less likely.

He's no willian, he has no intelligence! But playing in that Barca side inflates stats, so I'm very skeptical. And only those two seasons were stand out ones.

mata much better than isco? don't know about that one mate...

Isco is better than Mata, for once he does actually track back now. He bailed out Madrid a few times last season such as against Valencia...etc while Mata can hardly even start for MU for the majority of last season.

Isco might not be 'world class' but he is VERY VERY GOOD, that 2nd level below world class if you define world class as Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Hazard, CR7...etc but then 95% of other players in the world are not world class.

Bar dribbling, Mata has everything over Isco. Finishing, assists, set-pieces everything. Isco plays for Real at their peak and Mata for United at their worst period in decades (with an idiot at the helm). I'm not going too into it because it's not either of their threads, but it seems some people have amnesia and have forgotten the 12/13 season when he dragged our entire team over the line and into the CL spots by scoring 20 goals. Here's a reminder of the goal that did it btw:

So yes, I believe Mata is much better than Isco. If I was to go further, I would say it was a mistake to sell him which resulted in even more mistakes in the effort to get the vast amount of goals and assists back that he gave us, i.e. gambling that Oscar would develop further, buying Salah, buying Cudrado etc. But I will leave it there...

Football Manager has made people think negotiations are this simple. What about what the player wants? What the agent wants? What the sponsors want? Not as simple as ponying up and expecting all the other factors to vanish.

can we go 1 day without having to hear a video reference. negotiations are detailed but trust me, if Chelsea wanted a player and he was priced at a price we can offer, we offer that price and give the player a contract he agrees with. Negotiations aren't that complicated. If he doesn't wanna be here, we look else where. the details are for the lawyers and accountants, BUT that stuff won't stop a deal from happening

can we go 1 day without having to hear a video reference. negotiations are detailed but trust me, if Chelsea wanted a player and he was priced at a price we can offer, we offer that price and give the player a contract he agrees with. Negotiations aren't that complicated. he he doesn't wanna be here, we look else where. the details are for the lawyers and accountants that stuff won't stop a deal from happening

Agreed people think every football deal is extremely complicated rocket science stuff(most of it involves paper work...etc so I understand) but the simple truth is it is not if we want it to. For example Grizemann 40m release clause well documented, if we go and pay it tomorrow morning and call his agent, offering him £100k a week...

BOOM we can have a new signing within the end of this week. Sometime it is a lot more complicated if there is 3rd party involvement and such but nowadays if we really want we can wrap up 90% of the deals big or small fairly quickly.

Players are unattainable because the transfer fees would be outrageous and who knows if the player wants to go or if the club is willing to release them.

The problem is that RW is more tenuous than being the drummer for Spinal Tap.

There's not much available in terms of right wingers who fit Mou's style.