Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

It's funny how some people call Pedro just a "Barca reject". Fabregas was also a "Barca reject" but I doubt anyone mind that...

Fabregas and Sanchez ARE Barca rejects. Does it matter, if they do good for their clubs. I don't care if he is a Zenit reject(no offense), if he can do a job, I'll love him.

let's not get carried away here. pedro is far away from being world class (He was impressive under pep mind) He's a hard working but limited player with very good finishing ability, nothing more. he's not exactly a marquee signing or the type of winger we have been waiting for.

However his finishing ability will add value to the team and for that it's hard to say no.

I don't understand, why sign another squad-rotation winger? Chelsea need a world class right winger, better spend the money elsewhere.

Chelsea wingers are (Bold=Natural Position, the rest can be forced playing in that position if needed):

LW: Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Felipe Luiz, Costa (if Falcao play as CF)

RW: Willian, Cuadrado, Hazard, Oscar, Remy, Ramires, Costa

Plus Traore, Piazon, Moses, Marin and Salah... :D

It's clear we need more goalscorers and Pedro is someone who could help take off a lot of the burden on Costa and Hazard. If we lineup like this next year:

Pedro-Willian-Hazard

--------Costa--------

Life would be much easier on Hazard and Costa. I imagine Willian would be able to score 8-10 goals in all competitions playing in his natural position and not out of position on the right. Oscar is bound to have a few good months like he does every season. Hazard, with less pressure to be "the man" may finally break twenty league goals, and Costa if he stays fit could easily reach 30. Maybe this is wishful thinking but knowing Pedro's clever movement and outstanding finishing ability he could score 20 goals with this team easy.

I'm all for this move.

It's funny how some people call Pedro just a "Barca reject". Fabregas was also a "Barca reject" but I doubt anyone mind that...

Fabregas and Sanchez ARE Barca rejects. Does it matter, if they do good for their clubs. I don't care if he is a Zenit reject(no offense), if he can do a job, I'll love him.

It's truly ridiculous that some posters are whining about buying players who are Barca/Real/Bayern 'rejects', all the while demanding some flashy, big-name, big-money signing without even knowing for sure if such a player is genuinely available or even able to improve the team outright.

Look at what Mourinho did with Inter in the 2009/10 season: he made a brilliant, wonderfully balanced, versatile TEAM using all manner of 'rejects' from various 'bigger'/'better' clubs. Sneijder, Samuel and Cambiasso were Real Madrid 'rejects', Eto'o and Motta had both previously been at Barcelona, whilst Lucio was viewed as something of a joke at the time of his sale by Bayern. This virtual army of 'rejects' was then complemented by good/very good (but mostly unspectacular) 'system' players such as Goran Pandev, and went on to win everything in sight. Prior to that season, the only players in the team viewed as being genuine 'big names'/'world-class players' were Eto'o, Zanetti, and maybe Sneijder.

NAMES and HYPE do not always matter when it comes to winning trophies (although they CAN be very useful at times); what DOES always matter is having a well-balanced team consisting of players that complement each other well and are capable of following the manager's instructions. This is not some great insight on my part, but I still feel the need to post it, as it seems that many of you are being blinded by the Real Madrid-style idea of 'star-power'. Our team has enough 'stars', anyway (Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Terry, Courtois, maybe Matic); what it is currently lacking is genuine balance. Both Oscar and Willian are very good 'system' players, but I do not believe that we can improve our performance in the CL with BOTH players in the starting line-up. We need another goal-scorer in the AM to allow for more variation in out attacking play, but that goal-scorer does not necessarily HAVE to be a 'big name', merely someone who will get the job done; I don't know if we are actually in for Pedro, but I DO think that he has the attributes required to do this for us.

It's truly ridiculous that some posters are whining about buying players who are Barca/Real/Bayern 'rejects', all the while demanding some flashy, big-name, big-money signing without even knowing for sure if such a player is genuinely available or even able to improve the team outright.

Look at what Mourinho did with Inter in the 2009/10 season: he made a brilliant, wonderfully balanced, versatile TEAM using all manner of 'rejects' from various 'bigger'/'better' clubs. Sneijder, Samuel and Cambiasso were Real Madrid 'rejects', Eto'o and Motta had both previously been at Barcelona, whilst Lucio was viewed as something of a joke at the time of his sale by Bayern. This virtual army of 'rejects' was then complemented by good/very good (but mostly unspectacular) 'system' players such as Goran Pandev, and went on to win everything in sight. Prior to that season, the only players in the team viewed as being genuine 'big names'/'world-class players' were Eto'o, Zanetti, and maybe Sneijder.

NAMES and HYPE do not always matter when it comes to winning trophies (although they CAN be very useful at times); what DOES always matter is having a well-balanced team consisting of players that complement each other well and are capable of following the manager's instructions. This is not some great insight on my part, but I still feel the need to post it, as it seems that many of you are being blinded by the Real Madrid-style idea of 'star-power'. Our team has enough 'stars', anyway (Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Terry, Courtois, maybe Matic); what it is currently lacking is genuine balance. Both Oscar and Willian are very good 'system' players, but I do not believe that we can improve our performance in the CL with BOTH players in the starting line-up. We need another goal-scorer in the AM to allow for more variation in out attacking play, but that goal-scorer does not necessarily HAVE to be a 'big name', merely someone who will get the job done; I don't know if we are actually in for Pedro, but I DO think that he has the attributes required to do this for us.

:clap:

I don't know if we are really in for him, but this explains why it'll be a good deal.

It's a real shame that people don't have as much faith in our potential dealings as they do Man City winning everything next season.

Pedro would be a top signing for us, IMO. In his prime, relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things, and a decent goalscoring return is highly possible.

Let's face it, Pedro is a good signing but we are settling for him as we're not getting Greiz or Reus or Bale.

This word 'settling' is another word that keeps appearing....How does anyone know 100% that we were talking with AG, Reus or Bale? How do we not know that Pedro wasn't a target at the beginning of summer?

This word 'settling' is another word that keeps appearing....How does anyone know 100% that we were talking with AG, Reus or Bale? How do we not know that Pedro wasn't a target at the beginning of summer?

I would be surprised if weren't talking with them. Pedro is plan B. Otherwise we wouldn't wrapped up Pedro long ago. There is no need for lengthy negotiations as we are paying the release clause with Pedro

Let's face it, Pedro is a good signing but we are settling for him as we're not getting Greiz or Reus or Bale.

why would we even want greizemann. jose has made it perfectly clear that oscar is our no.1 no.10 next season as well as there is no doubt about hazard being the no.1 LW. greizemann has barely ever played as a RW in his career.

this greizemann rumors were baseless.

why would we even want greizemann. jose has made it perfectly clear that oscar is our no.1 no.10 next season as well as there is no doubt about hazard being the no.1 LW. greizemann has barely ever played as a RW in his career.

this greizemann rumors were baseless.

So you're implying you'd take Pedro over Greizman?

Not impressed with this transfer at all. Mainly because he's just not that intelligent with the ball. I know I know he was in the greatest club if this generation. But, what, apart from running with the ball and finishes, he gives nothing with the ball at his feet. He runs down blind alleys wen he should pass, in big games he would never start, substitute coming on at 70+.

It's a shame, we could do with a starter in this position.