test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Abdul Rahman Baba

Started by Jason,

924 posts in this topic
9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And you liked Celestine?

I ask because I didn't. I thought him very limited.

I liked him going forward but at the the back mmm limited, hence the similarities to Baba.

With the likes of Ivanovic, Oscar, Mikel, Remy, and Cuadrado I never figured Baba would be the first to go.

I thought for sure that Conte would give him a legit chance. Not that I'm complaining as he looked in over his head at times. There's clearly talent there. Maybe he'll have a successful loan and come back better.

Essien19, The Mak and mccg like this

New wc left back needed , German left back Hector @20mill i like

18 minutes ago, mccg said:

Tho funny enough his stats pointed out he had a better time of it defencely on the left ...strange but true.

Yes that's true, he was a machine (at least defensively) playing at LB. IIRC there was a stat that showed something like of the first 15/20 goals we conceded, only 1 or 2 came down Azpi's side. But Azpi, much like everybody else in the team went through a horrible spell too.

And with Azpi at LB, Hazard has no help when he plays as LW. I mean, I know Baba Rahman didn't light the world on fire, but it was such a breath of fresh air, to see Hazard play with a genuine full-back who created extra space for him to operate, and a fullback who put in pinpoint crosses when asked to. It's just that Rahman was such a liability in defense. 

Seeing what Marcelo did to us yesterday highlights all that is wrong with our fullback options at the moment.

Stats, mccg and kellzfresh like this

:lol: The CFC in out and revolving door in full effect again. He's not good enough I'm afraid, he will be sold sooner rather than later this is just another fold in the paper before he is shoved through the letterbox.

On 30/07/2016 at 7:25 PM, The Chels said:

That worst-case scenario probably entails another season of Ivanovic though. Damn it. If only The Individual hadn't sold Filipe...

On 30/07/2016 at 7:25 PM, The Chels said:

That worst-case scenario probably entails another season of Ivanovic though. Damn it. If only The Individual hadn't sold Filipe...

I would actually prefer Ivanovic to Baba, of course I'd rather neither were anywhere near the side but if presented with that Hobson's choice.......

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would actually prefer Ivanovic to Baba, of course I'd rather neither were anywhere near the side but if presented with that Hobson's choice.......

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Really?!

You must be in the small minority.

The only reason Baba was rated in the first place was because of the desperation for Ivan to be dropped, I remember games were he stunk the place out only to come on here and see people madly raving about him.

Ultimately the only thing dropping Ivan for Baba would have changed is which flank the opposition targeted.

The only reason Baba was rated in the first place was because of the desperation for Ivan to be dropped, I remember games were he stunk the place out only to come on here and see people madly raving about him.

Ultimately the only thing dropping Ivan for Baba would have changed is which flank the opposition targeted.

Baba's defensive game was poor in all honesty, but he was by far the most talented FB we had going foward. Iva shouldn't be dropped; he should be kidnapped and be left off somewhere in Italy.

The Chels and mccg like this

Wish the dude who keeps signing these loan deals contracts hands over to the dude who signs the SELL deals contracts ffs:blink:

Woulfn't it be good to be able to find out who was in charge of buying him, Papy and Miazga and ask them why we bought them. And WTF we still own them.

Ive made a similar post elsewhere but nobody commented and I'm sure its not cause nobody else thinks like me funny%20face_zpsksqd18yc.gif

Time after time it's purchase, a few cameo roles and back out on loan, this has got to stop quick sharp. We are stock piling more and more shite and the time wasted on bringing these middle of the road players could be used on bringing in real top quality options.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Aparently Baba had a sit down with Conte and he told him that he probably wouldn't be getting much playing time under his system

Baba Rahman: This is the real reason why I left Chelsea

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/534705/Baba-Rahman-Schalke-Chelsea-Loan-Done-Deal-Exit-Gossip

Can't wait for this formation and if we don't get the personnel we our Cfcucked at the back again

Unionjack likes this