Baba Rahman

I'm still waiting for the day when people of this site finally come to grips with the fact transfers aren't one sided. Bertrand wanted to leave...

yes but he wanted to leave because mourinho didn't believe in him and didn't gave him a chance. so what do you offer him to do? it was not like KDB case that he gave up really soon, bertrand tried season after season and then after long time he saw he doesn't have a chance with mourinho so he said o.k i love this club but i will not kill my career now.

Is anyone actually excited about this guy or stones or is there just a need for us to sign players to be happy? I reckon both could be good buys just not remotely excited about either transfer.

Excited maybe not the word I use but happy that we are actually buying players we badly need might be more apt.

Lets hope its the start we have been waiting for. Specially with it looking like Rami is off and maybe Moses.

Is anyone actually excited about this guy or stones or is there just a need for us to sign players to be happy? I reckon both could be good buys just not remotely excited about either transfer.

Scouting reports suggest , he could end up as one of the best fullbacks. I'm fairly excited

No same here but the same could be said about Azpi and he turned out to be quite the signing!

Well, most of us were not too excited about Azpilicueta or Cahill, but we were mad about Sheva or Torres. Baba could be a pleasant surprise too.

I hope you're right as ~20 million is alot of money for a young fullback.

Azpi and Cahill were relatively cheap deals and both have outperformed expectations...

Well, most of us were not too excited about Azpilicueta or Cahill, but we were mad about Sheva or Torres. Baba could be a pleasant surprise too.

I think it's more about the position he plays than the player himself. LB isn't really a super exciting or flashy position. Especially not in this Mourinho side where defending is prioritized over attacking.

@ChelseaFanUK.

what you say about Gullit is true.tho that is not the reason entirely why I haven`t been excited as the same could be said for others we have signed since. Hazard,Ballack,Shevchenko etc...I just don`t get excited about signings anymore.I think is more to being older now and understanding that until they actually play for us it`s a mystery to how good they will become. most of the players we have signed I have been happy with us signing.in particular Hazard,Carvalho,Ballack,Makalele,Duff,Joe Cole,Petit,Petrescu,Oscar,Hughes, just not to the extent of excitement.

I get excited about things like away days in Europe etc.. big games rather than signings,