Man City v Chelsea

Jase

We need to win. Park the bus, anything to win.

Hopefully we don't field the slowest midfield trio in the league (mikel, Matic, fabregas) against sterling, silva and aguero.

Hopefully hazard gets fully fit so that we stand a chance. Oscar needs to play instead of Fabregas imo but it won't happen.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, but we are not even winning. So what are you talking about?

And I'm not looking for tiki-taka football. A good performance is what I want from this team, and they are capable of it with exhibit 1 - first half of last season. Although, maybe not now since they are a year older.

We won 26 of our 38 league games last season, that's what I am talking about.

Yes we played decent football in the first half of last season, then we got hammered 5-3 against Spurs. What fun is that? Or is that OK with you because we made pretty patterns that match?

I just don't understand this, decent football is everything logic around here.

A question for you. What would you rather this weekend?

Get battered but squeeze it 1-0. A backs to the wall job but we grab it with one good counter-attack. OR

Play wonderful attacking football, but lose.

It's gonna be dull game by us... I can see us strugling and I don't want to imagine what is gonna be on Ivanovic side (Azpilicueta isn't in quite good form either)... So I expect problems on the wings...

Lol, but we are not even winning. So what are you talking about?

And I'm not looking for tiki-taka football. A good performance is what I want from this team, and they are capable of it with exhibit 1 - first half of last season. Although, maybe not now since they are a year older.

One draw.....one draw and this is what we put up with. Your attitude stinks mate.

Hahaha, now you're just an idiot. You know nothing about my past and you spout shit. Lol.

We just won the league 3 months ago. Anyone who is now moaning about us being shit is nothing more than a glory hunter. Nothing more needs to be said.

I would start with:

Bego - Azpi, Zouma, Terry, A Decent Left Back - Matic, Fábregas - Moses, Willian, Hazard - Costa

Mourinho would start with:

Bego, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpi - Zouma, Matic - Ramires, Fábregas, Hazard - Costa

I can't see past a City win here, maybe a draw if we are extremely lucky and our goal keeper wins MOTM again (which was a common theme from January to May of last season) Even If we park the bus, we won't win here because we haven't actually been efficient and hard to beat in the games where we parked the bus last season which defeats the very purpose of such tactics. We have looked shambolic defensively, giving away too many chances to our opponents despite sitting very deep. even if we do manage to score, can anyone bet on us maintaining the lead for full 90 minutes?

With our form since the second half of last season and the way we have been defending coupled with the lack of creativity and movement , It is not logical to predict a Chelsea win or draw here. I don't get those that are confident we will get a result in this game either. I mean what signs have you seen thus far to suggest the result will favor us. Fabregas is always shambolic in this type of games and hasn't started the season well, hazard hasn't been in good form either and looks unfit (that's a huge chunk of our creativity gone) Then there's ivanovic and the team's overall defending.

I have my concerns about Cesc and Diego at this point. Neither are tuned up and running smooth. I realize Diego is due to his hamstring. Cesc? No idea what has happened. He looks so confused out there at times.

Are we better with Zouma in midfield hounding Toure as someone suggested previously? It may be a better decision than Cesc. It could be similar to strategy two years ago with Luiz at City.

Unfortunately no real options to replace Ivanovic for this one.

I expect Jose to play to score and attack first half, tied or ahead in second half and we park the double decker. :D

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: