Ashley Cole

Madmax

Still has plenty to offer a club fighting for a PL title and Champions League trophy next season in terms of ability and experience. The fact hes leaving is on par with Hodgson not taking him to Brazil, fucking ridiculous decision.

If we don't renew Lampards contract (which I don't see why he would get a renewal if Ash won't) and possibly sell/loan Petr depending on what happens with Courtois before the start of next season, then we be in a very bad position in terms of experienced players. Giving JT a new contract was good but imagine losing both Ash and Lampard? As well as the talk of Cech going if he doesn't want to be number 2 to Thibaut? I feel we need to keep Cole as back up at least, I'm sure he could still play 20 plus games for us next year despite being a back up. Even Lamps tbh, although I think every player who plays in central midfield at this club if ahead of him in the pecking order. Possibly even players like Eto'o who have done it all.

This is the one image that'll define his Chelsea career for me :

ashley-cole-o.gif

Go well, Ash.

Massive moment, amazing mental ability. The act of Neuer jumping a trampoline didnt scare him a little bit.

Definitely want him for another year, playing and tutoring. But oh well, its not appropriate to hamper a man's dream :cry::cry:

Wish you all the luck in the world, Ash!!

I must admit I didn't trust him when he first came from le arse. We already had Wayne Bridge, but Cole made me a believer. In fact dude was on top of his game in 06 & probably the Best LB on the planet. I saw him win many times for the Chels, but the one for me is when I went to Da Bridge & Ashley Cole won the match for the Chels. I wish he would have scored vs lpuke. He had an awesome shot in that match but the gk was up to it. Still Dude played in some of our most important matches & will probably the Club's Best LB ever. Will always be a Chelsea Legend in my eyes.

I guess that time has come to say goodbye. Thank you Ash. Thank you for everything. It was a pleasure to have watched you own that LB spot for so many years and putting in consistent performances week in week out that few can match. You will be missed and so would your commitment, passion, determination and drive to succeed (and not to mention, those massive goal line clearances!). :clap: