Ashley Cole

Madmax

On one hand Jose has helped Azpi to become a better player. On the other he fucked up Cole´s chances to be on England´s National team. Now, your choice which was better? A compromise should have applied?

Cole is not in the World Cup squad because he's just not good enough anymore, not because Mourinho didn't play him. Baines and Shaw have both been better than Cole for at least two seasons now and if even the vast majority of Chelsea fans rate both of those guys higher than Cole, then what the hell do you expect the England manager to do? Include Cole in the squad because he was good some years back, or take Baines who would have been first choice anyway and also Shaw who will get invaluable experience of going to a major international tournament which will help him a lot next time around when he will most likely be first choice for them?

Like I said, Mourinho is the only reason Cole was still at the club this season. Maybe he thought he's still good for something but as soon as he realized his decline has been more severe than he had expected he didn't play him anymore. If Jose had just accepted what the board were planning on doing last year, Cole would already have fucked off to Monaco last year and most likely would still not be in the England squad.

Also, I would argue that Azpilicueta's development into one of the best full-backs in the world at the age of 24 is far more important from Chelsea's point of view than giving Ashley Cole one last shot at going to the World Cup with England...

Cole is not in the World Cup squad because he's just not good enough anymore, not because Mourinho didn't play him. Baines and Shaw have both been better than Cole for at least two seasons now and if even the vast majority of Chelsea fans rate both of those guys higher than Cole, then what the hell do you expect the England manager to do? Include Cole in the squad because he was good some years back, or take Baines who would have been first choice anyway and also Shaw who will get invaluable experience of going to a major international tournament which will help him a lot next time around when he will most likely be first choice for them?

Like I said, Mourinho is the only reason Cole was still at the club this season. Maybe he thought he's still good for something but as soon as he realized his decline has been more severe than he had expected he didn't play him anymore. If Jose had just accepted what the board were planning on doing last year, Cole would already have fucked off to Monaco last year and most likely would still not be in the England squad.

Also, I would argue that Azpilicueta's development into one of the best full-backs in the world at the age of 24 is far more important from Chelsea's point of view than giving Ashley Cole one more shot at going to the World Cup...

Ignore list, apply it!

Why can't I post a rational reply to your non-sense without you taking offense?

Can you read? Not interested in your opinion. Ignore list as you indicated is desired. Bye-bye.

Take on board what I have told you in the PM, stop derailing threads now please.

PM each other or raise good debate in each topic.

Take on board what I have told you in the PM, stop derailing threads now please.

PM each other or raise good debate in each topic.

Why is it so hard to comprehend my wish? I do not wish to chat with him. He already put me on ignore list. ADHERE TO IT:

Cole is not in the World Cup squad because he's just not good enough anymore, not because Mourinho didn't play him. Baines and Shaw have both been better than Cole for at least two seasons now and if even the vast majority of Chelsea fans rate both of those guys higher than Cole, then what the hell do you expect the England manager to do?

Offensively? Yes, definitely.

Defensively? No way. On the biggest stages like Ash? Not a chance in hell.

I've yet to come across another fan (United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle) who said he shouldn't go. In fact, a lot say its madness after what he showed against Atletico after being on the bench for so long.

Include Cole in the squad because he was good some years back, or take Baines who would have been first choice anyway and also Shaw who will get invaluable experience of going to a major international tournament which will help him a lot next time around when he will most likely be first choice for them?

Sorry, but shouldn't the point of having a back-up is that they be somewhat a reliable one? Again, Cole was on the bench for pretty much all of 2014 until called up against Atletico and he absolutely bossed it. The reason he was dropped was because it seemed as if he didn't care for the smaller games, a bit like Didier was from 2010-2012. But like Didier, he revels in the big games, so to have him as your number 2 in a World Cup is very reassuring indeed.

And how will sitting on a bench help Shaw exactly?! :blink: I suppose the 'atmosphere' will help him or something?!

Sorry, but shouldn't the point of having a back-up is that they be somewhat a reliable one? Cole was on the bench for pretty much all of 2014 until called up against Atletico and he absolutely bossed it. The reason he was dropped was because it seemed as if he didn't care for the smaller games, a bit like Didier was from 2010-2012. But like Didier, he revels in the big games, so to have him as your number 2 in a World Cup is very reassuring indeed.

And how will sitting on a bench help Shaw exactly?! :blink: I suppose the 'atmosphere' will help him or something?!

Well, I just think it's a bit funny that 99% on here would have taken Baines or Shaw at Chelsea ahead of Cole any day these past two seasons but now it's somehow the wrong decision to leave him out of the World Cup. Yes, he is a leader which is important in a tournament like the World Cup and yes, he can still be reliable when called upon but he rightly lost his place to Azpilicueta this season and having not played much I consider it more than understandable that he was left out. It's not Mourinho's fault for not playing him enough to make the World Cup squad because Jose's priorities lie with Chelsea, not England, and for Chelsea it was much better both for the present as well as for the future that Azpilicueta played as much as he did.

He had a lot of time for the fans, and the thing that sticks in the mind is the CL final penalty. Certain he was going to miss !

Some highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LamBfOyBc&list=FLSqyWWsKMLPzg2cKjd-Ei8A#t=6716

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwWNKU4Dv5M#t=23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwWNKU4Dv5M#t=23

I've yet to come across another fan (United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle) who said he shouldn't go. In fact, a lot say its madness after what he showed against Atletico after being on the bench for so long.

Sorry, but shouldn't the point of having a back-up is that they be somewhat a reliable one? Again, Cole was on the bench for pretty much all of 2014 until called up against Atletico and he absolutely bossed it. The reason he was dropped was because it seemed as if he didn't care for the smaller games, a bit like Didier was from 2010-2012. But like Didier, he revels in the big games, so to have him as your number 2 in a World Cup is very reassuring indeed.

Don't know if you meant fans of other teams there, but I don't think he should go. I think he's about as good as Shaw atm, Shaw is better going forwards and Cole better at defending (as you said), but seeing as Baines would start over either one of them, I think it'd be good experience for Shaw to go to the world cup, even if he sits on the bench.

The atmosphere will be one of phenomenal pressure, and i'd rather than he first became exposed to that without the pressure of having to play on top of that. He can get used to the system, and get used to the pressure. Taking him over Cole was always going to be the logical choice in my mind.

I understand your sentiment of wanting a reliable 2nd choice at a major tournament, but you've got to bring the kids through at some point, and it's hardly like we're going to the world cup to win it.

Shaw has 1 assist this season, Cole has 2 in less than half the games.

I'd have taken Baines and Cole if I actually wanted to try to win the World Cup this year, but this decision is all about four years down the line....except we're taking Lamps as well.

Basically the FA are a bunch of cunts and rather than take the best players to help us win the World Cup (Terry and Cole) they're 'building for the future' by taking one 18 year old left back. Wankers, tossers, fuck-pots and shit-sticks the lot of them.

An 18 year old kid without any experience in the WC is not a very smart choice by Roy, I feel. Shaw is not ready for this major competition. Meanwhile, Cole has plenty of experience in these competitions.

He's not going to play unless Baines gets injured and England will hardly be going all the way at this World Cup in any case so why not give some valuable experience of being involved in a major tournament (training, preparation etc. plus of course the friendlies before the WC) to a guy who will be their first choice left-back for next 10-15 years?

Cole's selection in the squad would have been understandable but his omission even more so. If he had played as first-choice for us he would have at least had a chance of going but he deservedly lost his place to a player in much better form and could never take it back again so I can't really see why this is being made into such a big deal. If anything, I would question Hodgson's choices if he had taken someone on board based on their old merits and completely ignored who deserves to go based on their form this season.