Diego Costa

Spike

Even if the goal scoring dries up a bit, he still does A LOT for the team. I remember him going through quite a lengthy goal drought last season for Atletico, he was still giving it his all for his team and his link up play was still excellent, and that isn't too bad IMO. Every striker goes through a drought, I won't mind as long as he bangs in enough goals for us this season.

He drew 3.31 fouls per league game last season - by far the most of any other 'top' forward in Europe and actually more than the combined number for all our 4 forwards including Lukaku. Such a relief to know that when you play the ball up to him a) it will stick b )he'll draw a foul and alleviate pressure while possibly creating a scoring chance or c) he will run at the defence.

I swear I'm 24 and losing hair because whenever we play the ball to any of our strikers it just comes straight back, like bouncing it off a wall.

It's not just that he scored, but he made that goal out of nothing and how many times have we looked at strikers and wanted one of them?

Exactly. We said this last season that we needed a striker to bale us out when we aren't playing well. Torres waits for the ball to land on his feet in front of the post before he scores and he doesn't score an individual goal while our rival have that in abundance (rooney, vanpersie, aguero, Suarez,).

I didn't know costa had dribbling in his locker, I'm very happy with what I've seen so far.

Great goal but shit defending.

Don't really expect my strikers to be good at defending, to be honest. We were spoilt having Didier for eight years.

The early indicators are very positive regarding Diego, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Our defense last season was top notch, but we was lacking on attacking department aka striker. But now we fix the issue with Costa, our defense starting to get worse.

Why the fuck we cant have both of them at the fullest? :rant:

As far as I remember,our defense was also shit in the last pre season.They just need a little bit more time,I guess.If Terry should start playing shit again like he did under Benitez,we still have Iva who can play with Cahill there.Azpi will always deliver a good performance,no matter which position he plays and Luis just needs time to know how Hazard movements are to know exactly when he has to defend and when he has to deliver a good ball in the box.Sometimes Hazard is too offensive and that´s why Luis should not always go forward,but his tacklings are very good and Mourinho is not stupid.He will tell that Luis is not allowed to go forward all the time against top teams because Hazards tackling rate is not that impressive,lol.

If he retains his full stamina,he will be a very good LB.

The only problem I see is Zouma because his defending style remembers me a little bit of Luiz xD.Not the technical aspect,no,I mean that his positional play is like Luiz so sooo bad haha.Terry has to give him a lot of lessons there