test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

4. Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,506 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He would have got overrun vs Spurs anyway that is true but from the bench he could have been a useful addition. I am curious to see how Conte solves the situation. David Luiz's last two performances in midfield I remember were terrific. 

in a good/bad way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

in a good/bad way?

I a good way. I remember PSG and ManCity where he bossed the midfield. and also in 2013 against Basel he was quality in midfield. he definitely has the skill and the speed to play in midfield. 

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I a good way. I remember PSG and ManCity where he bossed the midfield. and also in 2013 against Basel he was quality in midfield. he definitely has the skill and the speed to play in midfield. 

Problem is I also remember a lot of games where he was shit in that position.. should be ok though we have so many other issues to deal with.. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question would be, who are you willing to throw in Midfield ? 

Christensen, a man who impressed today, sure has played there before but who is still relatively inexperienced and new to the team ( and almost to the league ). 

Or Luiz, a man whose positioning could cause us issues at times but who had bags of experience, played there before and even bossed some games ( PSG and City mainly as cited before ). 

 

I love Christensen, he got bags of potential, but I'd definitely put him somewhere where he is comfortable, in central defence, Luiz' hustle could make him work in any position on the field, plus, against Burnley, he arguably played the last 30 minutes as a Central / Attacking midfielder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority on this forum are overwhelmed with happiness that Cahill can't play against Spurs, whereas I am happier that Fabregas can't. We would get absolutely slaughtered with this guy next to Kante. He might as well play on crutches, his pace is that limited. 

MefiX19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Cesc, but he was a stupid, stupid boy yesterday.

Stupid for sarcastically clapping the FA, who, in their Gestapo-like pervasive worldview, believe that anyone who has the temerity to challenge them warrants punishment.

Stupid for going in recklessly in an area of the pitch where it is needless to put in such a tackle. Arguably could have been a red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Passion. chelsea legend.

Passion indeed, exactly why I rate him so much, because he shows always how much he cares for the club and you can't see that in many players in blue shirt anymore, maybe in Azpi and Luiz only.
But here it wasn't necessary, as Cahill was already sent off and everyone realized that the ref is sh8t. It was anger and I've also done stupid things like this, but he is professional and shouldn't let down his team like this. And again, he knew he has yellow and make a silly tackle in the middle of the pitch and now the team has only one midfielder... Not ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2017 at 3:17 AM, DDA said:

The majority on this forum are overwhelmed with happiness that Cahill can't play against Spurs, whereas I am happier that Fabregas can't. We would get absolutely slaughtered with this guy next to Kante. He might as well play on crutches, his pace is that limited. 

Even in possesion he is a very limited player sadly. 

The only two great outputs he has are vision and long passing, and even then when he isnt under pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.8.2017 at 11:53 AM, xPetrCechx said:

Passion. chelsea legend.

Surely you're joking, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect example today of why Conte is a top manager. Many including me were questioning why Cesc was starting in a midfield 2 in what was supposed to be a very tough game. To us, the sensible thing would've been to start Bakayoko and bring on Cesc later of needed. Conte obviously knew that Cesc would be key in this match and he indeed dominated the first half.

Can't wait to see a 3 of Cesc/Kante/Baka at some point. Hopefully soon!

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly worry for Fabregas this season.

We all know Fabregas has to be carefully managed and having already started 4 straight games this year I fear Conte might (have to) start him for all 3 games this week. Stoke. Atletico, Man City. And if he does play all 3 matches, I fear he won't be as dominant as he can be. 

Basically, CFC need to get back to a place where Conte believes he can field a starting XI that can soundly beat teams without Fabregas' involvement. The Drinkwater/Bakayoko injuries are really hurting us big time imo.  

I love Fabregas, but like the match against Arsenal, we've seen how exposed the team is when he plays CM in tough games. The way Fabregas was used last season was perfect, because he became a more important cog in the team as the season progressed instead of an undisputed Starting XI mainstay from August. 

The Skipper, Amblève. and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I truly worry for Fabregas this season.

We all know Fabregas has to be carefully managed and having already started 4 straight games this year I fear Conte might (have to) start him for all 3 games this week. Stoke. Atletico, Man City. And if he does play all 3 matches, I fear he won't be as dominant as he can be. 

Basically, CFC need to get back to a place where Conte believes he can field a starting XI that can soundly beat teams without Fabregas' involvement. The Drinkwater/Bakayoko injuries are really hurting us big time imo.  

I love Fabregas, but like the match against Arsenal, we've seen how exposed the team is when he plays CM in tough games. The way Fabregas was used last season was perfect, because he became a more important cog in the team as the season progressed instead of an undisputed Starting XI mainstay from August. 

Conte probably read your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I truly worry for Fabregas this season.

We all know Fabregas has to be carefully managed and having already started 4 straight games this year I fear Conte might (have to) start him for all 3 games this week. Stoke. Atletico, Man City. And if he does play all 3 matches, I fear he won't be as dominant as he can be. 

Basically, CFC need to get back to a place where Conte believes he can field a starting XI that can soundly beat teams without Fabregas' involvement. The Drinkwater/Bakayoko injuries are really hurting us big time imo.  

I love Fabregas, but like the match against Arsenal, we've seen how exposed the team is when he plays CM in tough games. The way Fabregas was used last season was perfect, because he became a more important cog in the team as the season progressed instead of an undisputed Starting XI mainstay from August. 

Bakayoko/Kante/Fabregas/Hazard/Morata needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.