Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Cesc Fàbregas

Special Juan
Followers 3

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Main reason for Hazard going up a level this season is the close link up's he has enjoyed with Alonso and Pedro, the 3-4-3 has allowed that top happen, changing to 3-5-2 would take away that instantly. I just can't see it ever being our main formation while Eden's here.

Fair point. I'm just not sure using the 3-4-3 every single match is going to be feasible now that everyone will be better prepared for it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw numerous comments raising the question as to how would Fabregas fit in a Mourinho's team if Juan Mata (and to a lesser extent de Bruyne) could not. It is to misunderstand what was the situation

Already has more medals for Chelsea than Arsenal.

:lol:

Posted Images

Main reason for Hazard going up a level this season is the close link up's he has enjoyed with Alonso and Pedro, the 3-4-3 has allowed that top happen, changing to 3-5-2 would take away that instantly. I just can't see it ever being our main formation while Eden's here.

Haven't thought about that. Yeah, you're right. As long as we have Eden we will not play 352
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fair point. I'm just not sure using the 3-4-3 every single match is going to be feasible now that everyone will be better prepared for it. 

There's one thing being better prepared and there's another thing actually countering it properly. Conte's Juve never really got found it, well not domestically anyway.

10 hours ago, communicate said:

Cesc struggle to play as no 10 because he is not technically gifted enough to play in  the tight area.

Quite the contrary, actually. Cesc's technical ability is perfectly fine to play in tight spaces. However, he is slow, unmobile and lacks any sort of explosiveness ; thus rendering him unable to use his technic when he is in this kind of situation.

• Like 4
On 21/07/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mufassir08 said:

Is it me or does Cesc look really toned? 

He does indeed he must be eating his Weetabix 💪💪

• Like 1

I wonder how he'll fit in this season.. a must in the starting XI for me. 

When he's on we are so much better offensively, every pass he makes is just brilliant.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Pizy said:

He'll have plenty of time to stake his claim since who knows how long it'll be until Bakayoko is fit.

Conte said in one of his last interviews last seasons that Hazard and Pedro/Willian are actually no. 10s in this 3-4-3 and not inside forwards/wingers. The wing backs take this responsability (to play as wingers) when the team is on the front foot.

So we could see more of Cesc in the front three with Hazard and Morata next season judging by Conte's words. Bakayoko - Kante as the holding midfielders. But in this case we need at least two new central midfielders to act as a backup.

• Like 1

Chelsea ace Cesc Fabregas insists he's not worried about Tiemoue Bakayoko arrival: 'That will not put me down... I have been competing for 15 seasons'

'That will not put me down after what happened last season and how I stood up to it. 

'I'm ready for anybody. I feel great. I understand the philosophy of the manager very, very well. I know what he wants from me.'

Both Bakayoko, who is out until September with a knee injury, and Fabregas look set to battle it out to start alongside key man N'Golo Kante in Chelsea's engine room but Conte has also hinted at playing the Spaniard in a No 10 role.

The Italian tactician also praised Fabregas for improving his all-round game since the start of last season. 

'Cesc has improved a lot from when I arrived at Chelsea,' said Conte. 

'He is a really good player who can play in midfield and can also play as a No 10.

'He is a great example to other players with his commitment and behaviour every day during training sessions. He must continue in this way because he is working well for us.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4724314/Chelsea-ace-Cesc-Fabregas-not-worried-competition.html

• Like 1
6 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Conte said in one of his last interviews last seasons that Hazard and Pedro/Willian are actually no. 10s in this 3-4-3 and not inside forwards/wingers. The wing backs take this responsability (to play as wingers) when the team is on the front foot.

So we could see more of Cesc in the front three with Hazard and Morata next season judging by Conte's words. Bakayoko - Kante as the holding midfielders. But in this case we need at least two new central midfielders to act as a backup.

Last season he played there a couple times but Conte prefer to play willian/pedro there for counter attacking reason

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He CANNOT play in a 2 man midfield. Hasn't got the legs anymore and makes Kante's job even harder.

W cant play 2 man midfield with fabregas in it

• Like 1