Jase

Man of the Match  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit meh in the second half but whatever, job done. The whole game was almost really like a training session. Played at our own pace in 3rd/4th gear against a very poor, hopeless and abysmal Galatasaray. Expected A LOT more from them but was never tested or put under any real pressure. A little bit more incisiveness, better end product and this could have been a 4/5/6-0 thrashing. That was the only frustrating thing all night. That aside, decent performance overall and energy conserved for Arsenal this weekend. We are now in the quarter finals, time to look forward to the draw on Friday and the game on Saturday. :blue scalf:

-Chelsea

-RealMadrid

-PSG

-BayernMunich

-Barcelona

-AtleticoMadrid

-Manchester United/Olympiakos

-Dortmund/Zenit

Looks like the United/Olympiakos would be the favorable draw.

Either United/Olympia or PSG for me.

Then probably Dortmund, then ATM, Barca, Real, Bayern.

-Chelsea

-RealMadrid

-PSG

-BayernMunich

-Barcelona

-AtleticoMadrid

-Manchester United/Olympiakos

-Dortmund/Zenit

Looks like the United/Olympiakos would be the favorable draw.

I just hope it's not Real as the media hoopla would be unbearable around the match, Mourinho against his former team and all. Just anyone but Real (which probably means we are getting them now...)

PSG, MU/Olympiacos look a fine draw. Barcelona is having all sorts of problems so can be caught off-guard, and Dortmund is sort of like a random number generator - can win or lose on any given day depending of the weather, things they had for dinner or just general mood.

I'm hoping for Bayern/Real getting drawn against each other, but no chance.

Wasteful. I don't care if we won 2-0 that performance to me was a bit worrisome, how many on goal chnaces did we have only for each one to go 10 yards past the post or out for a corner or anything BUT a goal. When we get matched against the big boys, as much as we rely on our defense we got to take our chances as they will be few and far between against teams like RM, Barca and Bayern.

I'm happy with with the win don't get me wrong, but come-on, this game should have easily ended 4/5-0, easily. That immense backheel-flick Hazard did to put torres through only for the usual to occur had me staring at the screen in disbelief. But it's whatever, we'll deal with these problems later. Great win tonight.

Hazard-MOTM.

Wasteful. I don't care if we won 2-0 that performance to me was a bit worrisome, how many on goal chnaces did we have only for each one to go 10 yards past the post or out for a corner or anything BUT a goal. When we get matched against the big boys, as much as we rely on our defense we got to take our chances as we can't expect to have 15 on teams like RM, Barca and Bayern.

I'm happy with with the win don't get me wrong, but come-on, this game should have easily ended 4/5-0, easily. That immense backheel-flick Hazard did to put torres through only for the usual to occur had me staring at the screen in disbelief. But it's whatever, we'll deal with these problems later. Great win tonight.

Hazard-MOTM.

WTF???

We had great chances, but you have to admit their best player was their goalie. He was fierce he caught so many shots we could have got many more goals. It was a very strong performance come on.

Good to see you in high spirits again mate

Yes I am, I needed that good game :)

Could you guys just imagine if we got Olympiacos if they get through?

The "Roman bought UEFA" comments would explode everywhere.

Bad thing about advancing though means that we may have a CL game 2 days before Liverpool. :(

Easy performance really! Didn't get or even need to get out of 2nd gear. Gala were poor, Didier was very very quiet.

Great atmosphere! Especially in the 2nd half when there seemed to be a sing off between us and the Gala fans. Even the East and West stands were up!! :o we quietned them though.

Anyway, onwards to the 1/4 finals! Maybe Real and a reunion with Carlo as well :-D