Jase

Man of the Match  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last was 09 vs us I think. I wouldn't mind drawing them tbh.

I really dont want Barcelona!

Okay, we would have real chances of beating them, but with all that aura Barcelona/Chelsea/Mourinho have it would take waaaayyy too much attention away from the league...

The Blues comfortably through to the quarters. The Turkeys were no challenge.

Flop Freda looks so disinterested, it´s not even funny anymore.

May God be with the club & someone buys him in the summer.

Now, rest the players & pay attention to Saturday´s showdown with the goons. It will be baggy coat´s 1000th game as Gunners boss. Hopegully, Chelsea can hammer these cheap a-holes.

Great performance by most of the team. I thought the atmosphere was awesome, the little niggle between Drogba and Ivanovic was also a class moment. Just letting Drogba know that even though he is home he is playing against CFC.

Congrats guys you deserved quarters...

We couldnt play well ( in fact we played shit ) . Our players were all shit except of Muslera and Melo. The best thing for our side is just fans never stopped chanting till the last min.

We couldnt even manage to make 3 passes in a row. This was our worst match in last 3 years ( We even played better at the match which we have been defeated to Madrid 1-6 )

I love Mou have a great respect to him so wish you good luck in coming rounds.

Good Testimonial match for Drogba, can see why City dumped Mancini shame he forgot his cigar to go with his non chalant approach.

Azpi is really an asset, the players had a good run out.

Wasn't thinking of the CL as a prospect before now but all of a sudden we could get Olympiakos or Man U in the last 8 and you just never know

I thought Lampard was easily MOTM - he was sharp, quick and kept the ball moving.

If Matic had been next to him instead of Ramires - we would have bossed the midfield even more.

Ramires had an awful game, sloppy in possession and distribution.

Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Eto'o were all guilty of 'poor' decisions in the final third. I kept thinking if this was City or Pool, they would have scored more...

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with the win - just think it's abundantly clear (to everybody) that we need to work on the final third and ensure the players make better decisions. Times where they could have slipped team mates in, they chose to shoot and vice-versa, passing again, instead of shooting.

I'm confident this will be addressed when we have a striker that can play week in, week out - to build consistency and players will know where the striker wants the ball. Both City and Pool have this - we are rotating heavily up-front and it's not helping (but we have little choice).

All positive signs for next season....

Again - thought Lamps rolled back the years last night and looked great.

Great match, great atmosphere but Galatasaray were really poor. We barely got out of first gear and could've easily scored more if we'd gone for it but there really wasn't a reason to.

As usual Hazard and Azpi were spectacular again, Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill were solid as ever and Eto'o showed once again that he has to play every game between now and the end of the season. Lamps was brilliant in midfield, both defensively and going forward and probably deserved a goal and was my MOTM.

Ramires was atrocious though and is becoming a real issue for us in midfield. Couldn't complete a simple pass and just did more to disrupt our attacks than the Galatasaray players did. Willian too was fairly poor in possession.

Fortunately Oscar seemed to have woken up a bit and I was delighted he got an assist (his first since the Southampton game). Still has a tendency to under-hit passes especially when players are through on goal but he worked hard and it was a vast improvement on his recent performances.

Nice to see Kalas get some time as well. All in all a professional performance and onto the next round.

You've had your day out now fuck off home, you've had your day out now fuck off home........

Hope there is plenty of Turkish big mouths back under their rocks today, and as predicted they were shite and offered the square root of fuck all but big mouths and spamming the crap out of the forum. Leave the big cups to the big lads and crack on in your tin pot league.

great game, our whole defensive line was the motm. didnt allow anything to come anywhere near close to Cech's net. great performance from almost all off our players.

Cech was never really needed except from a mix up

Ivanovic ruthless 9/10

Cahill pretty good but wasnt really needed once again, helped with scoring that thunder from 2 meters 9/10

Terry pretty good as well 8/10

Azpiliqueta no words. was helpful in defense but in attack as well. never stopped running. in fact i think he still does! 9/10

Ramires just bad. was just running around without knowing what to do 3/10. would have been replaced if he was eligible in epl for next games

Lampard sensational performance from Frankie despite his age 8/10

Willian absolutely dreadful. just holding the ball way too much and doing nothing meaningful. should have be replaced earlier 4/10

Oscar nicely played by Oscar even with moments of blackout. 6/10

Hazard just another great performance by Eden. he would get a 9 if he just shoot more instead of passing all the time. 8/10

Eto good game from our old lion! 1st shot 1st goal. what else would anyone need for boost? 8/10

Mourinho never really allowed Gala to get on the pitch with a high defensive live and pressing to the other half, making changes to freshen up the attacking line. 9/10

Referee bad referee. sharing yellow cards with such an ease. lost control of the game within the first few minutes. that one is a dangerous and ignorant referee 3/10

overall we had a pretty good game BUT against an opponent who was so much weaker than us.

we need to score more and stop wasting so many goal scoring chances (torres)

P.S

Our fans were thrilling. Drogba got what he deserved. An ovation from every single fan of Chelsea but also Galatasaray. Brought me chills when the game was finished and the whole stadium was cheering for him while he was crying.

P.S#2

DD#11 you will always be our BLUE KING.

P.S#3

Sorry for the long reply :D