Jase

Man of the Match  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two people I found most frustrating in the final third were Oscar and Willian(This may be due to accumulative subpar performances though) Eto'o was my man of the match and Hazard was Hazard once again. Muslera did have a pretty good night too! Did well to keep Hazard off the scoreboard with the curler from the left. Willian tested him from the top of the 18 but shot right at him, Lamps had a nice header from Oscar which he also did well to keep out. Not to mention Terry's left footer on the set piece...

The problem I had with Oscar is the stuff that you would expect a no.10 to notice and do without question is the stuff that he just isn't doing right now and it gets frustrating... When you have a man open to play in DO IT! Don't wait and wait to the opportunity is gone. When you have open men who are in a better position than you to score PASS IT! Its not rocket science.

I am no expert, but sometimes things are not as simple as it seems. Schurrle is by far the best player in Chelsea to find space and make runs, but doesn't get the passes as much. Simply not because they DON'T want to pass (except for Torres) but they jst didn't pick him out in their line of sight. Oscar sometimes doesn't see the OBVIOUS pass that we as SPECTATORS watch from a great angle on TV. Agree with you that there is plenty of room for improvement.

Another thing is Oscar is not our no.10 We have three number 10s, Oscar, Hazard and Willian and they all do that role depending on their position on the field. I think that is the potential beauty about this Chelsea team, that ALL three midfielders can switch that role around. That is my naive opinion anyway

I am no expert, but sometimes things are not as simple as it seems. Schurrle is by far the best player in Chelsea to find space and make runs, but doesn't get the passes as much. Simply not because they DON'T want to pass (except for Torres) but they jst didn't pick him out in their line of sight. Oscar sometimes doesn't see the OBVIOUS pass that we as SPECTATORS watch from a great angle on TV. Agree with you that there is plenty of room for improvement.

Another thing is Oscar is not our no.10 We have three number 10s, Oscar, Hazard and Willian and they all do that role depending on their position on the field. I think that is the potential beauty about this Chelsea team, that ALL three midfielders can switch that role around. That is my naive opinion anyway

Sure but as Jose has said many times Oscar is our no.10. He is in that position more than anyone else if you ask me.

On Schurrle I agree he often is the forgotten man but at the same time he doesn't always time his runs properly either. I chalk that up to lack of playing time and familiarity with the squad. For me Oscar's biggest problem is when he's going forward with pace he rarely has his head up to look around its always down and as a result he misses some easy passes or aimlessly crosses into an area where no one is. If he just gets his head up( A la Juan Mata) he will be much more effective in the final 3rd.

Sure but as Jose has said many times Oscar is our no.10. He is in that position more than anyone else if you ask me.

On Schurrle I agree he often is the forgotten man but at the same time he doesn't always time his runs properly either. I chalk that up to lack of playing time and familiarity with the squad. For me Oscar's biggest problem is when he's going forward with pace he rarely has his head up to look around its always down and as a result he misses some easy passes or aimlessly crosses into an area where no one is. If he just gets his head up( A la Juan Mata) he will be much more effective in the final 3rd.

I definitely agree there us room for improvement in the offensive side, not just for Oscar but for everyone. I disagree with you though that he is our no.10. You see, the no.10 guy is the guy that you always pass to first or every player tries to find him. Simply because he would then control the movement of the rest of the players and find an opening for a pass or any other offensive movement. I don't think he is the first guy we pass to. Remember that your no.10 doesn't necessarily have to be at the center of the pitch. The first guys we look for are Hazard and Willian and Oscar. Now that Hazard is in a higher form then them, we tend to pass to him first. Not for him to dribble and score, cause we rarely pass to him in great scoring positions. But because he can find an opening for someone else. This role, I think, is being divided amongst the three where all of them are expected to do that role. Coming back to Oscar, he was great in the first half of the season, yet if you analyze him objectively there was still room for improvement.

Then he clearly dropped in form in the second half of the season, however, if you look at his last 2 games to be specific, he has shown signs of recovery. Remember a that it is hard to get in top form but RELATIVELY easy to lose it. I predict as the season goes on he will keep improving. That does not mean that he will reach his full potential. Maybe he will but most likely it will be within 2-3 years. Again all what I said is nothing but an opinion.

I don't really go this thing with numbers . I go with having the man you want on the ball .. Then the team can function to get him on the ball as often as possible in the best

situations . for a time Drogba was that man ,,, at others times Lampard ,,, Usually it is a striker or playmaker .. the last two years it was Mata ,,,,we had shit strikers.

now the man we need on the ball is Hazard ... BUT Others need to step up as well ..

The Turks caught everyone's eye in 2008-Switzerland.

Then they came here and gave Greek national team a 4-1 thrashing.

But after that silence ! We qualified to South Africa from the group after the 4-1, with a lot of ease as well.

The Turks caught everyone's eye in 2008-Switzerland.

Then they came here and gave Greek national team a 4-1 thrashing.

But after that silence ! We qualified to South Africa from the group after the 4-1, with a lot of ease as well.

Turkey do better in tournaments. Two semis in their recent tournament history.