Chelsea 2-0 Galatasaray

Jase

Man of the Match  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Open doors training session that was.

Leicester would eat these turkish lions for breakfast.

Azpi and Hazard were faultless. Eto'o should get a one-year extension and I feel sorry for Andre, he should have been on the scoresheet. Ramires and Torres.... nevermind.

Turkish lions are dead! Bring on the Mighty Red Devils!!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to stoke fires here but for all the trash talking of the Galatasaray fans, it's hilarious their team went out and put a listless performance today. One of the worst ever away sides to come to the Bridge.

A walk In the park. One of the easiest games we have played in a long time. Well that is what an early goal can do. Sets the tone for the match and gives you the oppurtunity to run it on your desired course. The players were really up for it. We were barely troubled by anything and gala's only decent chance came in the 90th minute. Cahill-jt were a beast. Handled everything perfectly that came into the box. Nullified DD completely.

Iva was great. One of his best performances this season. Solid at the back and his cross-field passes to EH17 (3 of them to be precise) were a delight to watch.

Azpi- put in his usual MOTM or 2nd to MOTM performance. Simply said, this guy deserves to be our POTY.

lamps- where did this come from. I was dreading a rambo-lamps pivot but he put in a brilliant perfirmance. It helped that gala let our pivot players have all the time and space in the world while trying to press our defnece and beinf wary of the 3 behind the strikers. Nonetheless, a brilliant performance. Should have scored one but simply could not put his leg thru it.

Rambo- poor. The first touch let him down so many times. He really is out of form.

Oscar and willian- good game. Pressed the gala players high up and even won the ball plenty of tines only to screw it up in the last 3rd. Willian tries to do the EH17 thing where he slows down compketely abd then bursts thru but fails almost everytime.

Oscar dwells too long on the ball. I don't believe for one second that it is fatigue that is responsible. Just plain old confidence. I have no doubt he will be back to his best soon.

EH17- shoot damn it. Just SHOOT!!!! don't bloody pass, just shoot. I mean he left the defender on his haunches and squared the ball to etoo with the ball on his right footn. WTF!!!! deserved atleast a goal and a couple of assists for this performance. Needs to put the ball in the back of the net to take his game to the next level.

Etoo- MOTM. Brilliant performance. And what a slap on the face for torres after last match. He should see etoo playing and take some tips. Took his chamce brilliantly. Set thw tone for the match. Got us on the front foot. Held the ball brilliantly. Awesome link up play, runs and simoly not afraid to shoot. Seserves an extension.

Torres can seriously fuck off for not squaring that to schurlle.

As for schurrle- why do our players keep ignoring his hand waving and runs??? He could have been put thru atleast twice not countong the torres chance.

All in all, a good performamce except in the last 3rd. A very pro perfoance. Hope we draw olympiacos/bvb for the next round.

A nice little warm up before the Arsenal match on Saturday. We didn't have to get out of second gear,and we could have had 5 or 6 goals tonight. I know we won but I still think we need to be more ruthless when we are on top. Aspi and Hazard were pure class. Oscar improved from his last horror show, but again I felt Willian failed to deliver. He kept making the wrong decisions with his final passes. And again Rami ? another below par performance from him . He is playing well below his form from last season. Every one else gave good solid performances. But Galatasary were really piss poor and offered no fight whatsoever. Felt sorry for the Drog having to play with such poor team-mates. Lets have him back as a coach for our strikers. Just think what he could teach Lukaku !!!!!!!!! :blue scalf:

Kalas MotM for me!

Thought Gala were really poor out there. I mean, they couldn't complete simple passes in their own half!

No, we are nowhere near RM atm. Here I do believe Jose when he says we will compete next season.

Like the Fenebahce, Napoli fans in previous years, mouthy before the game nowhere to be seen after.

That's normal but at least to match their trash talk, one could argue that their teams then gave a much better account of themselves at the Bridge than Galatasaray did today. They were just beyond abysmal.

Good game, comfortable win.

5 points to ponder:

1) Willian has to step up a gear. He initiates everything well but final touch is poor. He can improve and next season I think will be his break through season

2) Ramirez also need to improve on the final touch

3) Our defence is probably the best out of all sides remaining in Champions League. Could this be our weapon, needles to say like 2012

4) JT is a legend and Chelsea should keep him for ever even as coach/motivator. How well does he organize the defence.

5) I think we have to peak this season. Can the quarter finals be our starting point!!!!

Azpi for me! dunno why people think we were amazing, We were again pretty poor in front of goal against a VERY average side tonight!

Job done though.

Is that you in the picture with Terry? Were you in the Chelsea magazine?

1961935_10152343884097259_1464051083_o.j

Now we play the big boys!

- Really warming to Eto'o.

-Willian really was poor for me tonight, his final product was useless but his energy and workrate is something else.

- Azpi against Drogba was brilliant to watch. What a defender we have!

- Hazard mezmerising as always.

- Sign off of the forum now Galatasaray keyboard warriors, we won't be hearing from you for a while. Poor performance from the 'Turkish Lions' :P

Onto the next one! Well in Chelsea!!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Just for no reason..

7omdr6k.jpg