Are we witnessing the permanent downfall of Manchester United as THE top club?

HD3D

Just got practically knocked out of the Champions League by the worst team in the tournament. I wonder how much of a hammering Bayern or Real Madrid would have given them...

It's scary to think how deep this club will sink if it insists on sticking with that clueless manager.

They're not the worst team in the comp.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this united situation makes people see exactky what an ACHIEVEMENT it was to win 3 trophies in the last 2 years. 2011-12and 2012-13 were our worst years under roman. The squad was in transition and a disarray. Managers kept coming n goin. It was simply the players that kept us where we were. JT, LAMPS, CECH, COLE, DD, MATA. They were all so essential n important.

As much as i want the Lol Utd to keep going and getting better and better. I would rather they sneak into europa next season so they have the awkward thursday night games than miss europe all together as there is no doubt they are gonna try and spend big.

I'm sure they will be back, but i doubt it will be with moyes, and we will enjoy the lol moyes period for as long as it lasts.

It would make no sense for them to sack him now at all. they are literally out of the CL and even if they can come back and get in to the QF, they will be battered by every team there. the league is lost too, and getting in to the CL is nearly impossible. I think he will stay until next season for sure now.

It would make no sense for them to sack him now at all. they are literally out of the CL and even if they can come back and get in to the QF, they will be battered by every team there. the league is lost too, and getting in to the CL is nearly impossible. I think he will stay until next season for sure now.

Let me remind you when Roberto Di Matteo was hired...We were in the last 16 of the Champions League and had just lost 3-1 to Napoli.............

Even in our 'bad moment' under Ancelotti (second season) and AVB, it never got this bad for us.....

We under AVB were as bad as Manure today, the difference is we sacked him and RDM ended up finishing the season the biggest possible fashion...

We under AVB were as bad as Manure today, the difference is we sacked him and RDM ended up finishing the season the biggest possible fashion...

Maybe but we did have some decent moments under AVB and at least, some of the players were still performing then and had better quality, if anything, to make a difference as opposed to United. Their stagnation is arguably even worse than ours in 2011/12 or 2010/11 for that matter.

Maybe but we did have some decent moments under AVB and at least, some of the players were still performing then and had better quality, if anything, to make a difference as opposed to United. Their stagnation is arguably even worse than ours in 2011/12 or 2010/11 for that matter.

I dont agree with that...

Manchester United still has players that can make a difference and they did had a few good games. Rooney, RVP, Mata and Januzaj can win some matches if they perfrom.

We under AVB were REALLY bad, apart from Mata and Cech no one was doing anything. Including top blokes like Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba werent playing half as well as when RDM took charge.

Now, I grant you that our sacking policy did proved right at that time (as it did with Scolari) and we turned things around beautifully. Which is something I doubt United can do!

I'm absolutely loving the hypocrisy of United supporters right now. For years they've given us shit about sacking managers and how they were a different breed....how they stood by Fergie for 5 years (which isn't quite true) and how they're loyal.

Now look at this poll on the cafe.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/moyes-has-to-go.385470/

83% want him out and a fair number of the votes to keep him are from supporters of rival clubs. :D

Despite that I think they will stick with him either out of some misguided sense of being 'better' than us or simply through ineptitude. To me it goes some way to vindicating Roman's firing policy over the last few years. I actually think Woodward and the Glazers might allow Moyes to spend that rather large transfer kitty as well, which based on his first couple of acquisitions will be less than astute.