test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

love cfc

Ryan Bertrand

Started by love cfc,

1,450 posts in this topic

Definitly not, I've said this more than once, ryan is a superb left-back prospect and way ahead of PvA, let it be for his 2 years more of age or let it be his 147 games on loan, this boy is a top lad and neither gordon or PvA can touch his skills and ability at this point... I didn't miss Ash for a single minute when he did come on, he was top and what a cross this was. this was a well deserved cameo, hope he gets some more of them, he could be our Ash replacement + one benifit, he can cross :getin:thats one of Ashs weaknesses, hope he gets some more time on the field.

One his dy, Ash is one of the best crossers in the world, the Chelsea vs Arsenal at Emirates is one prime example.

eldo likes this

One his dy, Ash is one of the best crossers in the world, the Chelsea vs Arsenal at Emirates is one prime example.

yeah but i think we all know that ash rarely is on his day with his crossing, he CAN cross sublimely but its like hitting 2 out of 8 accuratly...

If Ashely Cole's injury picked up for England is as bad as some fear then maybe Hiddink (if appointed) will give him a crack early on?

If Ashely Cole's injury picked up for England is as bad as some fear then maybe Hiddink (if appointed) will give him a crack early on?

Zhirkov if Hiddink's here :rolleyes:

I think Ryan has a great progress every year and it is right to get a chance

Thing is..

We've extended Van Aanholt's deal as it is. I think many of us were surprised to see him last season as it is (a delightful one, it must be said!). So I see one going on loan, and my prediction is Bertrand. I hope it's Van Aanholt, because Bertrand has more to offer us as Ashley's understudy than PvA would.

Thing is..

We've extended Van Aanholt's deal as it is. I think many of us were surprised to see him last season as it is (a delightful one, it must be said!). So I see one going on loan, and my prediction is Bertrand. I hope it's Van Aanholt, because Bertrand has more to offer us as Ashley's understudy than PvA would.

It does make sense. Bertrand understands the game a lot more than PvA does, which means he is more likely to push Ashley Cole for a place in the side. His cross which led to a goal against Birmingham City at the Bridge just shows you what he's really capable of. That's why we should keep him here.

And another thing. Kakuta signed a new deal at Chelsea some time ago, but that didn't stop him from making a loan move to Fulham to get some playing time!

I really though Bertrand's time with us was over after we sent him on loan again this season. The club surprised everyone when we brought him back and offered him the backup role to left-back ahead of Zhirkov, even got to put in a cross for Malouda - emulating the abilities of Cole.

It would be a real shame if we now sold him. An English u21 who can be the next Ashley Cole. Yet with the new contract signing with Patrick Van Aanholt, I fear that just may happen. Hope I'm wrong though, because a guy with over 150 league appearances to his name, deserves his chance.

Ryan Bertrand about Ashley Cole :

"It's a massive positive having him at Chelseaspacer.gif - and a massive hindrance too I suppose!" said Bertrand, who joined the Bluesspacer.gif aged 15.

"He's definitely right up there - his attitude, the way he goes about training. He's won the most FA Cups, and a lot of other silverware, and to still have that attitude at his age is fantastic."

"He's a fantastic role model, despite all the stuff that gets written about him. He's a brilliant man and a brilliant player to have around to help you with your game."

"If I ever have anything to ask him about a certain situation on the pitch, he's more than happy to come back and talk."

We need this dude to stay. Just god sake board dont sell him we got a future starter possibly here needs a chance. a good one. hopefully he has a mceachran like thing next season