Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

I don't really know what to make of this. If di Santo's going on loan, and we're selling Kalou, either we're keeping both Pizarro and Shevchenko OR we're making that marquee signing.

KUN-KUN-KUN-KUN!!!

SNEIJDER-SNEIJDER!!

Get rid of both Pizzaro and Shevchenko and bring them in. Kalou is just a minor in it all.

Sheva seems to be doing well in preseason ...I guess he should be given time to regain his form and his touch until Jan and then if he fails sell him ......I dont see Kalou going anywhere and it would be stupid to let him for Arsenal being the closest rival in League ..

Sheva seems to be doing well in preseason ...I guess he should be given time to regain his form and his touch until Jan and then if he fails sell him ......I dont see Kalou going anywhere and it would be stupid to let him for Arsenal being the closest rival in League ..

He'll have 6 months left on his contract. Only way he's not on the squad in January is if he's loaned out. Those wages are just too much for the clubs that would be interested in him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Chelsea will open contract negotiations with Salomon Kalou in the next few days to keep him out of Jose Mourinho's clutches.

The Ivory Coast forward, whose deal expires next summer, currentlyearns around £30,000 a week, but Chelsea are prepared to pay him doublethat.

The international transfer ban imposed on the club hashastened matters and now, with Inter Milan expressing an interest, ithas been decided to move on with talks.

Mourinho is interestedin the 24-year-old he signed three years ago from Feyenoord for£3.5million and is prepared to offer a £50,000-a-week deal.

Itis understood that the Inter coach wanted to offer a pre-contractagreement that would have secured Kalou to the San Siro as early as thenew year.

Talks are expected to open next week with Kalou'srepresentatives, who are hoping to tie up a contract of more than £3m ayear for a player who has a one-in-three goalscoring ratio.

Butby bringing forward discussions, it is clear that Chelsea have everyintention of continuing their recent policy of tying their prizedassets to long-term deals.

In recent months, Ashley Cole andJohn Terry, among others, have benefited from improved contracts. Kalouis now set to profit as the club guard against the possibility oflosing their appeal against a worldwide transfer ban.

However,Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti insists he has 'no doubts' he can leadChelsea to glory this season despite FIFA's penalty.

Chelseaplan to appeal the decision to prevent them signing any players for thenext two transfer windows after they were found guilty of inducing GaelKakuta to break his contract with French side RC Lens.

ClaimingFIFA's hardline stance will have little effect on Chelsea's chancesthis season, Ancelotti said: 'I don't have any doubts. The transferembargo is not a problem because we have a very good team and very goodplayers, but in the future we'll have to wait and see. Now, it is not aproblem. We'll see. I'm sure FIFA can change this decision.

'Itdoesn't make my job more difficult. At the moment, my job is verysimple: to train. In the team I have a very good mentality andattitude. For me, it's not difficult now.'

Ancelotti revealed hewas unaware of the potential for FIFA sanctions before he took the joband admitted his 'surprise' at learning of the ban.

'I saw it onthe internet,' said the Chelsea manager. 'I was surprised, but lifegoes on. I didn't know the situation, but it finished there. Onlysurprise. Now I have to think about my job and about my players.

'I haven't spoken to Roman Abramovich about it, but it's not necessaryfor me to do that. I don't have to speak to Roman about this.' Chelseavisit Stoke this afternoon before beginning their Champions Leaguecampaign at home to Porto on Tuesday.

Then fellow leaguepace-setters Tottenham come to Stamford Bridge and Ancelotti admittedhis side are entering a crucial period of their campaign.

Hesaid: 'Next week the Champions League starts. We start again in thePremier League and it's a very important period. But I think we're in agood situation to do very well.

'Up to October, we have a lot ofmatches - important matches in the Premier League against Spurs andLiverpool and the Champions League as well. After this period, we'llknow better how our season is going to pan out.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1212883/Keep-hands-Salomon-Kalou-Chelsea-warn-Jose-Mourinho.html#ixzz0QtC5elSL

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't get rid of him this season we may need him to cover Drogba and Anelka if they get injured. I feel Kalou has the potential to be a regular starter for us.

you sound like you should be supporting a mid-table club.

kalou will never be good enough to be a first team player, only as a sub and he's not exactly getting younger. Wish we had sold him to arsenal, he makes Chelsea look inferior when we have to bring him on.. sturridge is a much bigger prospect in comparison he should get the game time kalou's been getting.

Edited by Terminator X

kalou looks like the retarded baseball player who gets the white girl pregnant from the movie 'LIFE' with eddie murphy and the guy from big mommas house, and true to the movie his performances since joining have been average at that.

anyways he's the arsenal type and it would only mean Sturridge will be able to get the game time he needs, which we will benefit from in the long term.

Edited by Terminator X