Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

No it doesn't. You have no idea what the question that he was replying to was. He was probably asked directly about Chelsea and said that they are a great, then he was asked about his future and said that he wants to wait and see what the offers are which basically is saying politely that he does not want to talk about speculations now.

These are exactly the type of answers that players are trained to give, jus like journos are trained to take them out of context to sell stories.

I agree, the context of the questions asked are always omitted. But I guarantee this is exactly how it went, journo simply changes the context when he reports it in the paper.

I mean we need a striker, Eto becomes available, print story linking us to him, sell papers. Sports journalism is genuinely awful!!!

We are not making an offer until the Rooney saga is finished. If we buy Rooney then no offer will be made and if we fail to get Rooney then we will go for Eto'o but he will have to decrease his wages demand cuz he is not that good.

As far as Eto'o as a player, I say no. In terms of wages, I have no idea what to think in terms of Pounds. I've only ever considered salaries in terms of US Dollars. What would a general wage be for a player of his age and productivity in Pounds? Where does that compare to what we think he is commanding?

As far as Eto'o as a player, I say no. In terms of wages, I have no idea what to think in terms of Pounds. I've only ever considered salaries in terms of US Dollars. What would a general wage be for a player of his age and productivity in Pounds? Where does that compare to what we think he is commanding?

He's 32 and on 300k pw which is mad. That said Jose knows him very well, to the point where he got him to play RB for Barca

A loan for a season would be good -definitely got goals in him....

It's all boils down to the wages really, as a player i would say why not, lets be honest Falcao and Cavani have gone, Rooney is 50/50 i would have him, he may be 32 but it doesn't mean he's crap.

As for the wages like someone else said above give him a 2/3 year deal and split his yearly Anzhi wages in that with a little signing on fee (something that would be possible if we get him for free) then why not, no one will pay him as much as they do in Russia, so if he wants to leave, then he will have to accept that.

Jose got him to accept playing second fiddle to Milito at Inter (in terms off playing at right mid to accomodate the Argentinian) so if we for some reason had a injury crisis in the 3 behind the forward he could cover there.

He may not be the player he was at Barca, but the limited time i did watch him last term (mainly in the Europa League) he looked like he could still offer something and imo still has a couple of years in him yet.

Samu is the true definition of a football legend but this would be too risky if you ask me. Think he's reached the point in his career where he can't perform consistently, at this level, due to a lack of motivation and fitness (age), think Drogba in his final two seasons. Some great performances but also more than a few frustrating ones.

Either we go for a quality striker in his prime (still think Dzeko would be great if the Rooney deal doesn't go through, but City just won't let him go it seems) or just stick to with what we have. For me that is.