Willian

Jase

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

What is wrong with fans on here ?

Well clearly most don't rate him anymore - me included. Still support him though since he's loyal to the club.

However, he should have been sold for 65 million or whatever the bid was. Losing him on a free considering how inflated the market is now is terrible business.

15 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Well clearly most don't rate him anymore - me included. Still support him though since he's loyal to the club.

However, he should have been sold for 65 million or whatever the bid was. Losing him on a free considering how inflated the market is now is terrible business.

It's not like we had a back up lined up. Even if we got the 65mil bid (apparently), we would have had to put most of it on some winger. We will still get 2 good years out of him. 

He was really good yesterday. Did not one of his runs end up with Tammy scoring? Yes, his goal scoring leaves much to be desired, but to call him a fraud and keep on bringing up "how we lost 65mil" again is weird. I am using "again" but it's actually again and again and again and again.

He might not be ideal, but he is still our best winger currently.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Image result for lol gif

Willian is a bad player and is awful more often than not. We all know this however his performance yesterday still tops anything Pulisic has done in the Premier League this season.

7 minutes ago, SUNZ said:

Willian is a bad player and is awful more often than not. We all know this however his performance yesterday still tops anything Pulisic has done in the Premier League this season.

Pulisic is 20 years and will only get better

there is no comparison in terms of who any rational person would take

Pulisic by 10,000 miles

Pulisic is also a stand-up person

Willian is a fucking pronger who is pure poison

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

You know the bar has been set really low for Willian when people are comparing him with a 20-year-old who's new to English football and needs time to adjust to the demands here. 

Willian's weaknesses are so easy to peg

he just doesn't get in dangerous positions enough and he is a game-slowing ball hog

Arse were insane to buy William Saliba for £27m and then instantly loan him right back

I would have just let him learn on the job

there is almost no way he could possible, even at 18yo, that he would be as bad as Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafi

he is already a BIG lad too, it isn't like he has to bulk up and get that much stronger (which he will anyway)

1.93m and built already like a brick wall

Image result for William SalibaImage result for William SalibaImage result for William SalibaImage result for William SalibaImage

Regarding selling Willian to Barcelona, until this transfer ban is over, we're in no position to trim our squad further, especially of experienced players. Forget the money, just for this season. Keeping hold of personnel has to be the priority for now.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pulisic is 20 years and will only get better

there is no comparison in terms of who any rational person would take

Pulisic by 10,000 miles

Pulisic is also a stand-up person

Willian is a fucking pronger who is pure poison

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

You know the bar has been set really low for Willian when people are comparing him with a 20-year-old who's new to English football and needs time to adjust to the demands here. 

I can assure you that neither of you dislike Willian more than I do. He is an awful player that should been let go years ago and this will hopefully be his last season at the club.

But the reality is that currently Pulisic stinks even worse than Willian. His performances against Leicester and Sheffield Utd is as bad as it gets - Willian did nothing of note yesterday but that was still better than anything Pulisic has done so far.

36 minutes ago, tizerist said:

Regarding selling Willian to Barcelona, until this transfer ban is over, we're in no position to trim our squad further, especially of experienced players. Forget the money, just for this season. Keeping hold of personnel has to be the priority for now.

Wrong year m8, I am talking about the summer of 2018, when Marina said no to £65m from Barca for him, and we were not under a transfer ban

1 hour ago, SUNZ said:

I can assure you that neither of you dislike Willian more than I do. He is an awful player that should been let go years ago and this will hopefully be his last season at the club.

But the reality is that currently Pulisic stinks even worse than Willian. His performances against Leicester and Sheffield Utd is as bad as it gets - Willian did nothing of note yesterday but that was still better than anything Pulisic has done so far.

If you think that about Willian, then why compare him with Pulisic when no one was even talking about him? Why not just get straight to the point and say Willian was good because he did A, B, C etc? Why even compare? I don't even think anyone has said Pulisic has been great. He's showed glimpses but he hasn't been great yeah. But he's only 20, he joined a new team - a team that's undergoing transition - and has come to a new league. People are willing to give him to time to adapt and get better.

Seriously, if people are gonna come here and blow their trumpet about Willian - whether by comparing him to someone else or not - after one decent performance - one decent performance in a glut of inconsistent performances - then god help us all. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

If you think that about Willian, then why compare him with Pulisic when no one was even talking about him? Why not just get straight to the point and say Willian was good because he did A, B, C etc? Why even compare? I don't even think anyone has said Pulisic has been great. He's showed glimpses but he hasn't been great yeah. But he's only 20, he joined a new team - a team that's undergoing transition - and has come to a new league. People are willing to give him to time to adapt and get better.

Seriously, if people are gonna come here and blow their trumpet about Willian - whether by comparing him to someone else or not - after one decent performance - one decent performance in a glut of inconsistent performances - then god help us all. 

The problem with Willian is people want him to be creator and scorer in final 3rd but we have seen enough of him  to say that he is not that. What he is good at is bringing the ball up from midfield. With him we play almost like 352 rather than 343. 

I don't want to compare him to Puli. I haven't watch enough of puli game to make enough judgment. But in our current setup and players Willian is very important especially if we want to get the best out of Mount. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

The problem with Willian is people want him to be creator and scorer in final 3rd but we have seen enough of him  to say that he is not that. What he is good at is bringing the ball up from midfield. With him we play almost like 352 rather than 343. 

I don't want to compare him to Puli. I haven't watch enough of puli game to make enough judgment. But in our current setup and players Willian is very important especially if we want to get the best out of Mount. 

It's a problem to expect a winger to contribute goals/assists and more importantly, perform consistently?

source.gif

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's a problem to expect a winger to contribute goals/assists and more importantly, perform consistently?

source.gif

The thing is he is more of a right midfielder rather than a winger. Rather than picking the ball up high, he is picking the ball deep and bringing it forward. That is his quality, in the final 3rd I honestly have given up on willian. Anything that I can get from him in term of assist and goals are bonus. 

If you want goal and assist better play CHO/Pedro or maybe puli

48 minutes ago, communicate said:

The thing is he is more of a right midfielder rather than a winger. Rather than picking the ball up high, he is picking the ball deep and bringing it forward. That is his quality, in the final 3rd I honestly have given up on willian. Anything that I can get from him in term of assist and goals are bonus. 

If you want goal and assist better play CHO/Pedro or maybe puli

Yes, Willian is good at dribbling with the ball, bringing it forward etc and you can say he's a right midfielder all you want but at the end of the day, he's been played as a winger ever since he got here. His numbers have been average at best and his inconsistent performances have been frustrating. As I mentioned previously, if people are gonna come here and tell everyone else about how great Willian is after 1 good performance every 10 games, then god help us all. Heck if this keeps up, we might actually enter the Torres territory of praising the player because he does ONE thing good and the bad things he does are ignored. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes, Willian is good at dribbling with the ball, bringing it forward etc and you can say he's a right midfielder all you want but at the end of the day, he's been played as a winger ever since he got here. His numbers have been average at best and his inconsistent performances have been frustrating. As I mentioned previously, if people are gonna come here and tell everyone else about how great Willian is after 1 good performance every 10 games, then god help us all. Heck if this keeps up, we might actually enter the Torres territory of praising the player because he does ONE thing good and the bad things he does are ignored. 

This reminds me of Marcos Alonso. "buuuuut he is wingback, you don't understaaaaand"