Willian

Jase

47 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is hard to defend Willian from this forum. 

Against Brighton, Willian was the only guy who can consistently bring and keep the ball forward yet that mean nothing. People say but his final ball suck, if the ball never get to the final 3rd there is no final ball. 

Mate go watch highlights again. Every our dangerous action has nothing to do with Willian. Mount free kick for Abraham header. Jorginho long pass for Pedro. Alonso great pass for Barkley sitter. Azpi long ball for Alonso chance. Penalty was Mount persistence. And for Willian's lucky and deflected goal CHO carried the ball for 50m. 

It is hard to defend Willian from this forum.  Against Brighton, Willian was the only guy who can consistently bring and keep the ball forward yet that mean nothing. People say but his final ball suck, if the ball never get to the final 3rd there is no final ball. 

That's why people wanted Kovacic to start. 

Asking him to deliver modest numbers is too much, but taking 27 games to score a goal?

That's inexcusable at this level

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mate go watch highlights again. Every our dangerous action has nothing to do with Willian. Mount free kick for Abraham header. Jorginho long pass for Pedro. Alonso great pass for Barkley sitter. Azpi long ball for Alonso chance. Penalty was Mount persistence. And for Willian's lucky and deflected goal CHO carried the ball for 50m. 

Watch the game not the highlight. 

At least he worked hard in this game. Ran himself to the ground pressing Brighton players. In his first few years here, it was a given that he would work like a horse and in last couple of years, that has dropped off. Hopefully, playing under Lampard and around these young players makes him rediscover his workrate even though he is older. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not really getting the serial complaining when he's been getting picked lately. If he kept playing like he did against Leicester fair enough but he's started the last three league games and we've played well on all of them.

He seems to bring to the table what the youngsters (right now) lack and complements Mount and Tammy fairly well.

I don't want him and Pedro on the same pitch together again, but given the youthfull age of all our other attackers I think one or the other being on doesn't do any harm, infact I think it helps.

Well said. I seriously could not believe the hate he got on the match day thread, and after that performance, he is still getting all the hate. I mean, sometimes you have to wonder if you have watched the same game.

The guy gave his all in these 90 minutes. He was tireless. Similar to the willian of old where he just ran and ran for the team. 

It's just frustrating to see this happening. People calling him a "fraud" and wanting to start a not yet fully fit CHO, meanwhile blaming Frank for naivety in bringing in not yet fully fit players like emerson, Rudi and Kante. I mean "what the fuck", make up your minds people. I guess no matter how well the club is doing, "fans" are going to use one player or another as a scapegoat/punching bag no matter how he performs.