Willian

Jase

Many will say it's very harsh, some will say it's a bit harsh but I think it's simply the truth. Both are decent, solid players overall, in terms of top level football. Supporting cast. With Oscar you hope he gets better as he reaches his prime physical shape, refines his technique and grows from the experience he builds up as he ages. But he could very much end up to be the sequel to Mikel.

Brazil still have good players btw. Dunga should make better selections (some nonsensical choices really) and change their style. Brazil is easily top five in terms of talent, though I will admit they have problems in centre midfield.

That thing about willian "not deciding games" is simply false when he has decided off the top of my head 3 or so in this short season so far.

Willian needs whoever does Fabregas PR.

i swear. cesc's PR team has to be the best in the world. i mean, what a job... hats off!! :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:

It should be pointed out that this article from WAGNH is not presenting a very accurate/truthful picture of the reaction back in Brazil to Willian's performance against Chile. Whilst Oscar HAS been subject to very heavy criticism from almost all corners of the Brazilian media, Willian is one of the only players to have received praise for his efforts (even from outlets/individuals who do not normally rate him particularly highly).

The views of the ESPN pundit being quoted in this article, while somewhat valid in more general terms, are not at all representative of the current mood within Brazil. People want Oscar and Elias dropped, and there is also disappointment that Douglas Costa has failed to get anywhere near the level that he has been displaying for Bayern; very little heat has been going Willian's way.

And yeah, this post has been too long and involved given the relatively trivial nature of the subject, but I absolutely HATE IT when people write headlines and articles that are hugely misleading; it happens far too often.

Has been on form this year almost throughout. Never thought a player at this age could still make such a leap in development but he is slowly becoming a top winger and the best player in Brazil and Chelsea which does not mean much atm tho. I liked both of his goals vs venezuela. His first one was a saveable shot but the direction, aggressiveness and pace he showed to work that shot and take it on was exceptional. The second goal was brilliant for the way he ghosted into the box with a late, unmarked run Lampard-style. His subsequent finish was clincial which is something he has not showed often so if he continues his brilliant goalscoring form, he can finally become the player we paid 35m for.

Willian the ''goal scoring machine'' (currently), lol never thought I'd be saying that, even as a big Willian fan.
Confidence is the key, his free kick goals has given him a lot of confidence and you can see it back in how he scored those 2 goals vs Venezuela. (high and placed).

He's been playing good since the beginning of 2015, but the goals were the only thing that were missing. I hope he can keep it up and end up scoring 10-12 goals for us this season, that would already be a big personal success.