Willian

Jase

Those who say Willian is a liability in Attack must have been watching another player in the second half of the season. It's obvious as day how much is decision-making has improved in the last 6 months. I think he was our most consistent performer and best player alongside Hazard in the 2nd half of the season.

AGREE 100%

Which Orange circle is bigger?

Ebbinghaus_illusion.jpg

Smh no love for our Defense in the second half of the season? I feel Hazard literally carried our team offensively, and match by match our defenders/GK(Tibo and Cech) one or another put in a MOTM performance. Our defense was so clutch it is criminal not put Azpi and Terry in the top 3 players of the second half of the season.

The thing is most believe Hazard was better in the second half of the season, but that untrue. It is only perceived that way because Cesc, Costa, Matic, and Oscar were all playing great football in first half of our season. Cesc and Costa were both in the argument as Chelsea POTY. In the second half their form severely went down, but Hazard form stayed the same. Hazard performance didn't change in the second half, everyone else did. Hazard was not better in the second half, it is false perception we came to believe because everyone else was worse.

You can never trust eyes. The answer to the circle question is they are both the same size.

How can people be so sure of how well Willian played in the second half of the season? couldn't that be a trick of the mind, because how faulty comparison is sometime. Because context matters we compare things to everything else, not for what they really are. Couldn't you mistake a 6/10 looking chick for a 10 if you put her in a room a bunch looking fugly chicks? YES you can, i have and i know this concept very well. Btw i am not saying Willian is a bad guy looking dude that is not what i am getting at.

Back to Willian how confident are you in your assessment? The stats doesn't say he was better at any important category if you want to bring up, but for some reason some think stats argument are weak and imaginary. Because there are outliers like Xavi and Ineista, that doesn't mean it is applicable to everyone. Some players are shit finishers and do not have an end product, it is that simple.

Also the quote "There are three kind of lies: Lies, damned Lies, and statistics" has been falsely attributed to Mark Twain and Einstein. They never said that, people credit them when stats didn't back their argument. Stats are not everything all the time, but for FFS they happen and it is reality don't swap them down just because they don't back up your theory/agenda.

Damn that is a long post, but if you read that thank you very much for your time. :)

1. no the left

They are both the same size, however you pick the one where most would say is smaller.

when the team were playing poorly he stepped up his performances , That was NOT an optical illusion . I am not saying he won us the title but his contribution was vital

and should not be demeaned.

Demeaned? How so? I do not do so. Football is a team sport, a lot of players contributed to our season success. Even unpopular players like Cahill, who should be given the same amount of credit. You could make the same argument for him.

Just because i do not inflate Willian performance does not mean i am demonizing him. A huge contrast. His second half was better then his first, but a minimal change.

My post was meant to give a unique perspective my friend. Where can you(anyone) prove that Willian was as good as the majority here believe to be?

Is that bad?

Not in my opinion, the whole exercise is meant to show that we perceive an object by its surrounding, in this example it was the orange circle. Most would say the one on the right is bigger because it is surrounded by smaller circles. For some(like you) the surrounding anchored you to perceive the circle to be bigger since it was surrounded by other big circles. The answer in this example is absolute, they are both the same size.

In real life the answers are not so absolute. How you perceive the world and someone else does not matter, you can never be sure what is right and wrong. There is no wrong way or right way to see the world in most cases.

we sell our hardly ever used/always on loan players and we have no reason to sell any regular matchday squad players.we don`t have to sell anyone atall to fund any transfers. just better to get money for them when under contract.

we have done Milan "favours" but the rest of the Italian teams can fook off with their begging bowls if they think we are gonna give away players we can use..Shevchenko,Essien,Torres were done and jjust cock blockers for talented players behind them. letting them leave was good for us.

every day it seems some Italian team are telling their media they are interested in our players..just let them know..Mikel,Marin and Moses are available.

For me, Willian was on par or at least very close to Hazard in the final third of the season. For some reason, it's very easy to forget that....

That's normal when you don't score enough goals and/or provide assists.

His lack of end product is a worry but he brings great balance and he carries the ball quite well, he gives us a lot in other aspects of the game.. he never stops running also.

I think he also really improved in the second half of the season - he contributes in attack more so then before.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33670851

Seems Van Gaal rates Willian quite highly too...

To be honest, couldn't help but laugh a little bit when Van Gaal said our trio of Hazard, Oscar and Willian is creative.

And it's also funny that after spending more than 200million, Van Gaal can still say the current United squad is not his. :doh::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33670851

Seems Van Gaal rates Willian quite highly too...

No he doesn't. That's a misquote.

In other interviews he included Oscar, Willian & Hazard together as creative players (which is laughable) United lack. But eventually separated Hazard from the other 2 by including him amongst the players he considers elite. You're off your rocker if you think van Gaal actually thinks Willian is anywhere Hazard or players like Neymar, Suarez, Messi etc

No he doesn't. That's a misquote.

In other interviews he included Oscar, Willian & Hazard together as creative players (which is laughable) United lack. But eventually separated Hazard from the other 2 by including him amongst the players he considers elite. You're off your rocker if you think van Gaal actually thinks Willian is anywhere Hazard or players like Neymar, Suarez, Messi etc

Are you sure? In other interviews, as in separate interviews, or other news sources articles?

I've read the article in the guardian that, you are right in saying that quote wasn't mentioned, but that article also lacks any mention of Bayern Munich, Ribery and Robben etc. I usually find BBC Sport more reputable than a lot of other publications.

Was it recorded? If so, I haven't watched it, but I'd like to. Link?

Van Gaal also says lots of things that sound ridiculous. Whether he means them or not, is not for me to say. I can assure you, I'm well and truly on my rocker, thank you very much.

Besides they noted as quotes in regards to separate questions.

When asked if after 12 months this is now his team, Van Gaal said: “No, because we have to look for more balance, for more creativity. For example, Chelsea have Hazard, Willian and Oscar. There is a lot of creativity there. And you need that because you have to disorganise [the teams who park] the bus. Next year there might be more teams who are parking the bus.”

Regarding Ronaldo -

When asked if he needed that kind of player to complete his squad, he said: "Of course." He added: "I can give examples of champions: Bayern Munich, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben; Chelsea, Eden Hazard and Willian; Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale; Barca, Neymar and Lionel Messi. Manchester United fans want us to compete with these teams."