133 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i had to choose a game this match reminded me off from Jose's first spell incharge it would be the 2-0 win at Highbury.

Couple of sketchy moments in the first half (Henry hitting the post, Ivanovic's last ditch clearance) but as soon as we took the lead we never looked like giving it away.

MVG-Oscar-Hazard and ended by KDB!!! Simply class....

5340ccb412e4c98b0dc8dbf5a44c3dfd.gif

like this x 1 million.. ppl talking about MVG passing he picks his passes when to go long when to make a direct ball into attackers feet.. i'm really looking forward to more of ^^^^^

So, very interesting this.

'Real Madrid is playing this competition in pre-season here because I organised it for them,' he smiled. 'I did it knowing I was not doing the pre-season with them. After that I did it with my new club and we knew it was very possible we would meet Real. They won their matches, we won ours and we are there. We played Inter and Milan, two big teams, and now against Real, so for us it's fantastic, especially for our young players, and we have a lot, [who have played for] clubs not with our dimension used to big crowds, stadiums, and opponents. To play Real is the best thing that could happen.'

Hazard, Oscar, Mata, KDB, Moses.... :wub:

Unfortunately I missed the game this evening, but the match report and highlights have put me over the moon. Our attacking midfielders just ooze class. Adding KDB to our squad adds so much depth in that position its not even funny. His play excites me so much. Not to mention Oscar and Hazard having a full season under their belts, as well as the acquisition of Scurrle. Moses has also looked terrific so far.

Absolutely cannot wait for the season to start! Let's steam roll Madrid first though.

Why are people saying Torres had a bad game? What exactly did he do wrong tonight?

He held the ball up, ran the channels well, dribbled past a couple of players, and created a few chances. The only problem with him as usual is he doesn't get himself into goalscoring positions which is freaking annoying.

Waiting for the hate brigade to explain how Lukaku outplayed him in 5 minutes.

Ba was by far the worst player on the pitch and gets nowhere near the abuse.

Anyway Lukaku will be first choice this year. Stop complaining and back the players.

Mourinho seems to agree with us about Torres:

'Sometimes the striker does a great job for the team and cannot go to the scoresheet. Fernando Torres today was fantastic and he has five days of training after the Confederations Cup. He is not fit but his attitude was amazing. I have to praise my strikers because they are working for the team.'

Good solid result against a cl team, there is more will and passion to win the ball back more than last season, and we looked sound on and off the ball