André Schürrle

BlueLion.

James is overrated as fuck. Like they say; we bought Costa to score, Cesc to assist, James was bought to sell shirts.

James overrated? He's a fantastic little player.

I get the feeling people judge him based on his price tag, which is nonsense. players don't choose their price. If he had as much freedom as in his NT or back in Monaco/Porto days, people would look at him differentely I imagine.

On topic, André looked fit in the swansea game. I hope he recovered from the illness, looking forward to the Bradford game.

Disagree, we're better keeping Salah imo - has impressed me nearly every game he has had. Plus, much higher ceiling than Schurrle.

Salah hasn't impressed me at all tbh, I want to see more of him to be able to judge him fairly but atm I'd keep Schurrle instead of Salah. Schurrle can be really good when he's fully fit and when he has a good day.

Salah hasn't impressed me at all tbh, I want to see more of him to be able to judge him fairly but atm I'd keep Schurrle instead of Salah. Schurrle can be really good when he's fully fit and when he has a good day.

You can't judge some on cameo appearances.

Schurrle has played a handful of games, and has shown he isn't a player we need in our squad. Very greedy the majority of the time, wasteful and doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

yeah but the problem is that he is inconsistent and even the German national team only use him as a super sub, and that's great, it works for us when we do, but we're looking for a winger who is starting material who can make Willian second choice, and considering Salah's bags of potential and Schurrle's much higher RRP, I would let him go first. Salah needs development and maybe he might be best off with a loan to a PL team, but we should definitely not be looking to take him off our books.

Don't forget, if he can develop further then he might be able to allow Hazard to rest every few games rather than us having to run him ragged, as well as becoming 3rd choice on the RW too. Maybe even displacing Willian as soon to be 2nd.

Schurrle has played a handful of games, and has shown he isn't a player we need in our squad. Very greedy the majority of the time, wasteful and doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

I'm just saying I haven't seen enough of Salah to judge him fairly, if I had to pick Salah or Schurrle I'd pick Schurrle atm just because I know he can be good. I agree Schurrle has been selfish this season but he had some really good games last year, if he can get that form back he's good enough to be on the bench imo.

I'm just saying I haven't seen enough of Salah to judge him fairly, if I had to pick Salah or Schurrle I'd pick Schurrle atm just because I know he can be good. I agree Schurrle has been selfish this season but he had some really good games last year, if he can get that form back he's good enough to be on the bench imo.

I understand what you are saying, but that is the reason they can't be judge against one another. One has played and hasn't performed, and the other one hasn't played at all.

I understand what you are saying, but that is the reason they can't be judge against one another. One has played and hasn't performed, and the other one hasn't played at all.

I would like to see Salah play more, especially because Willian and Schurrle aren't adding much to the team. Too bad it probably won't happen, for some reason Mourinho keeps giving Willian and Schurrle chances to prove themselves.

yeah but the problem is that he is inconsistent and even the German national team only use him as a super sub, and that's great, it works for us when we do, but we're looking for a winger who is starting material who can make Willian second choice, and considering Salah's bags of potential and Schurrle's much higher RRP, I would let him go first. Salah needs development and maybe he might be best off with a loan to a PL team, but we should definitely not be looking to take him off our books.

Don't forget, if he can develop further then he might be able to allow Hazard to rest every few games rather than us having to run him ragged, as well as becoming 3rd choice on the RW too. Maybe even displacing Willian as soon to be 2nd.

If it were up to me I'd buy a new winger ( Reus obviously), sell Willian, loan Salah and keep Schurrle as a supersub which he is suited for. Willian won't make any impact coming from the bench imo so I'd rather just sell him if we get a new winger.

I would like to see Salah play more, especially because Willian and Schurrle aren't adding much to the team. Too bad it probably won't happen, for some reason Mourinho keeps giving Willian and Schurrle chances to prove themselves.

Exactly. I haven't got a clue why he hasn't been given a proper chance to prove his worth.

Exactly. I haven't got a clue why he hasn't been given a proper chance to prove his worth.

he looked like a good option for lw vs lisbon. i think his poor showing in the coc, ruined his chances tho

Chelsea just posted this on twitter:

Don't miss 'An Audience With...' Loic Remy, @GaryJCahill & @Andre_Schuerrle next month... http://che.lc/FeiDSq #CFC

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/558255845255815168

That assumes he's still here in a month's time...

I'm not reading anything into it though.

They can easily change that at the last minute. Doesn't mean anything really.

I swear to god - people really do have selective memory when it comes to things like this. It's like people have forgotten Schurrle showed us what he can do in this team last season. Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seems like Chelsea fans (not everyone but some/most) do have a tendency to turn on a player pretty quickly the minute something goes wrong.

Never mind Willian and/or Schurrle, I'm finding a bit nonsense that Mourinho seems to have one set of rules for group of players, and another for the other group. Whoever is in the former group gets plenty of game time, can make mistakes like in every game and won't get dropped. The players in the other group will get game time here and there and the moment they start doing something wrong, we won't see them again until like 4-5 matches later.

I swear to god - people really do have selective memory when it comes to things like this. It's like people have forgotten Schurrle showed us what he can do in this team last season. Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seems like Chelsea fans (not everyone but some/most) do have a tendency to turn on a player pretty quickly the minute something goes wrong.

Have you seen him play this season?

He hasn't done anything notable par scoring against City. You need to be aware this is a different season, and he hasn't delivered.

Have you seen him play this season?

He hasn't done anything notable par scoring against City. You need to be aware this is a different season, and he hasn't delivered.

Of course I have seen him play this season. The point is, people are saying he's useless and doesn't add anything to the team and that's kinda BS when he showed his qualities last season, unless of course, these people didn't watch him play then.

Said this before, the issue with Schurrle isn't his qualities but his form and consistency (not helped his mystery illness and the lack of opportunities given, especially when others have kept on getting that despite making mistakes/not playing well in almost every game).

Of course I have seen him play this season. The point is, people are saying he's useless and doesn't add anything to the team and that's kinda BS when he showed his qualities last season, unless of course, these people didn't watch him play then.

Said this before, the issue with Schurrle isn't his qualities but his form and consistency (not helped his mystery illness and the lack of opportunity given, especially when others get that despite making mistakes/not playing well in almost every game).

Your last bit refers to half of our team. How many chances has Salah had?