Carlo Ancelotti is the new coach of Real Madrid!

Toli

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at John O'Shea's CV. Longer and more glorified than both my arms put together.

comparing a coach to a player is kinda...you know :)

ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the world and that for years. calling him average is just a plain insult.

In eight seasons at Milan, and with an incredible squad, Ancelotti has won once the League. Just one Serie A. All in all, in Italie, after two and half seasons at Juventus Turin and eight at Milan, he has only won two domestic trophies : one Serie A and one Coppa Italia.

In France, despite Paname being 3 points ahead of Montpellier, Ancelotti did not succeed in winning the League 1, with a squad arguably head and shoulder above the others team (in term of individual quality).

At Chelsea, he might have accomplished the double PL/FA Cup and set the goal tally record in the league ; though, we had to wait for the last week to be crowned and at the end of the day we only ended one point ahead of a distinctly average Manchester United team. As for the second season here — don't get me started. He just proved back then that he hasn't got a single clue when something go wrong. That season was pathetic, management-wise.

So yeah, he's won two Champions League ; that's quite impressive. But at the end of the day, in more or less 14 seasons, beside the CLs he's won one Seria A, one Premier league, one Ligue 1, one Coppa Italia and one FA Cup (I don't take into account the small trophies). That's just three leagues and two domestic cups. In regard of the squad he had in all of this teams (Juve, Milan, Chelsea and Paname), only three leagues in 14 fucking seasons is a massive underachievement — especially at Milan, where he managed to only win one League in eight seasons, with that squad.

The League is the competition which shows the true worth of a coach and of a squad. And unfortunatly, at this regard, Ancelotti's C.V. doesn't plea in his favor. So, good manager, but not a great one by any means.

In eight seasons at Milan, and with an incredible squad, Ancelotti has won once the League. Just one Serie A. All in all, in Italie, after two and half seasons at Juventus Turin and eight at Milan, he has only won two domestic trophies : one Serie A and one Coppa Italia.

In France, despite Paname being 3 points ahead of Montpellier, Ancelotti did not succeed in winning the League 1, with a squad arguably head and shoulder above the others team (in term of individual quality).

At Chelsea, he might have accomplished the double PL/FA Cup and set the goal tally record in the league ; though, we had to wait for the last week to be crowned and at the end of the day we only ended one point ahead of a distinctly average Manchester United team. As for the second season here — don't get me started. He just proved back then that he hasn't got a single clue when something go wrong. That season was pathetic, management-wise.

So yeah, he's won two Champions League ; that's quite impressive. But at the end of the day, in more or less 14 seasons, beside the CLs he's won one Seria A, one Premier league, one Ligue 1, one Coppa Italia and one FA Cup (I don't take into account the small trophies). That's just three leagues and two domestic cups. In regard of the squad he had in all of this teams (Juve, Milan, Chelsea and Paname), only three leagues in 14 fucking seasons is a massive underachievement — especially at Milan, where he managed to only win one League in eight seasons, with that squad.

The League is the competition which shows the true worth of a coach and of a squad. And unfortunatly, at this regard, Ancelotti's C.V. doesn't plea in his favor. So, good manager, but not a great one by any means.

Completely agree, I don't think he is a great manager but I think he is the perfect manager for RM. After so many drama last season with Mourinho, I think Ancelotti is the perfect manger to calm the team down a little bit.

He also finished second to Juventus twice when Juventus had their titles taken away from them by cheating. So, in 8 years, in a highly competitive league he did very well. Yes, those were some very good Milan teams, but they were also some even better Juventus teams and some even better than that Inter teams, not to mention some great Roma teams. This wasn't Spain where two teams only have a chance to win. You don't stay manager of AC Milan for 500+ games as a failure. Additionally, your criticisms of him at Chelsea are absurd. He led us to maybe our best ever year with what was certainly not close to our best overall squad. And Ancelotti's Chelsea was not Mourinho's Chelsea. We spent almost no money under Ancelotti. He took a third place team from the year before added basically no players of significance (Zhirkov was our big signing) and gave us arguably our best season ever. It wasn't until January of his second season that Chelsea spent for him and then it was a useless Torres and Luiz who wasn't ready for regular Premier League football. That season, we had literally no depth and we were having to play guys like Kakuta and McEachran who STILL aren't ready for Premier League football, in a fair number of games. Our front line was a declining Drogba, Anelka, and Kalou .Lampard missed a lot of the season. We had to play our third choice RB for a lot of games due to injuries and we still came second. Hardly a bad result at all. Yeah, I didn't like everything he did managerial wise, but I never do with any manager. Those teams simply didn't have near the spending, the depth, or the talent that Mourinho had when was here.

Oh look...a few 'innocuous' digs for having an opinion that differs from the status quo. Serves me right for being independent, I'll think again before stating my opinion on this forum.

And people ask why I don't post much anymore...

Oh look...a few 'innocuous' digs for having an opinion that differs from the status quo. Serves me right for being independent, I'll think again before stating my opinion on this forum.

And people ask why I don't post much anymore...

when you say a man still rated by Real Madrid and PSG awful perhaps you think exactly what you are saying

Well good luck Carlo, but Real Madrid have bored my ass so much I'm barely interested in them anymore...with Falcao gone, Pellegrini gone, Isco probably gone, La Liga will become a 2 horse race once again in which it will all be about El Classico, Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi....... <_<

Aye. Also, when he won the Double here, we won at Old Traford 1-2 by scoring an offside goal which in the end pretty much proved decisive.

Aye. Also, when he won the Double here, we won at Old Traford 1-2 by scoring an offside goal which in the end pretty much proved decisive.

It turned out to be the winner because of Macheda's double slamdunk 2 minutes later, take the dubious goals we win 1-0, so either way, what comes around goes around.

To expand on the point people are making about Carlo here, i didn't see enough of him at Milan or since Chelsea to judge, so ill comment on what i think about Carlo due to his time at Stamford Bridge.

To me under Carlo it always seemed one extreme or the other, we were either irresistible and unplayable or stagnant, devoid of ideas and the easiest team to play against, it was beyond belief how quickly we went from one to the other. The end of the double season we hit form like we never have before (not even under Jose) hitting 5's,7's and 8's past teams, smashing the goal record. Malouda, Lampard and Drogba all hitting top top form at the same time, after the Blackburn game we were a team posssed and (bar the off day at White Hart Lane) won every single match on the way to a record scoring title win, it was truly a joy to watch.

Then the second season, well i don't think i have ever been so angry watching Chelsea before (not even in the dark days of Scolari and AVB). Under Scolari we were unfit, under AVB we were dis-organised, in Carlo's second season we were borderline comatose, it was truly terrible. There was too many shocking games to list here but the one's that stick out, the Sunderland match (need i say more?) Torres debut vs Liverpool (the only match ever that has reduced me to tears, i felt sick with what i just saw), the "title decider" against United (which Alex single handedly prevented a cricket score in) the home match against Wolves (we won 2-0, but Cech's performance prevented the Sunderland humiliation a few weeks early), going to Anfield and losing to ROY'S LIVERPOOL ( :rant: ) and then there was the Goodison display on the last day, many many more but i would be here all day.

They say the league table never lies, but we didn't deserve 2nd that season, our early games (were we were still on a high from winning the league) boosted our stats no end. Between City away and Wolves away (that's nearly 4 months worth of PL games) our goal difference was actually negative.

For me Carlo is a double edged sword, i love him for the double, but 10/11 has left me mentally scarred, not even winning at OT and pulling off the title title that term would have made me feel any better about what we had to sit through.

Carlo has caused a bit of concern among the analytical Madridistas.

Your trophy cabinet can come to mean Horse piss if you truly analyze what a manager's substance under various circumstances is.

Spanish Paper Marca released an article with bits of opinion from some of his former players and peers.

They all make a point on his great man management and class. While Sachhi has reffered to him as simply a more than competent manager with the ability to adapt.

The amount of league trouble is a sign of concern, but considering that this is La Liga we are talking about, the circumstances could be a bit more positive towards him.

I don't like Perez as a president and nor do i like Carlo Ancelotti as the Manager id appoint to the bernabeu to due his OVERALL track history. His overall package.

I'd take Someone like Laudrup or Klopp over him.

When comparing trophy cabinets you might call me crazy, but youd be an incompetent fool to think that a trophy cabinet tells all. Laudrup and Klopp show good and even great man management, class, flair, and it all translates to the pitch as well, with very modern pressing football.

Carlo will have to impress me, he has the right character for madrid, and we will have to see if he will be successful as a manager.

He has a plethora of great players, and the best squad since his Milan days. And we still have players to add in madrid.

Considering his profile points to good defense, and a mixture of counter attacking and flair, i think with the players in madrid he has more than enough to build something great. He has more to work with than what he had with chelsea and psg. Also his profile points towards being a good Cup Manager, i have more confidence in Copa Del Rey and Champions league with him than in la liga.

But our team, packed with what he brings, and also packed with the fact that madrid will have the man as my avatar ( zidane) as carlo's right hand man (2nd coach) tell me a story of a good locker room vibe, great man management and motivation specially with zidane here, and competent enough players and tactics to do better than mourinho did in madrid.

Considering the circumstances madrid are in ( perez and after mourinho period) i give a solid b to the appointment of ancelotti.

About his chelsea days... heres a good analysis on his 09/10 season with chelsea. http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/10/chelsea-premiership-champions-2009-10/

With the players he had it wouldnt surprise me he had problems.

With Madrid he will have a much superior team.

Casillas (Lopez)

Carvajal (Arbeloa) Varane (Pepe) Ramos (Albiol) Marcelo (Coentrao/If he leaves then preferably a defensive lb none the less)

DM (Khedira and Alonso on the bench)

Modric Isco

Ozil Benzema Ronaldo

He could vary the formation, but considering the draw backs of khedira and alonso, and the players like modric and isco he will be brain dead to not put them as starters. Isco is 2nd coming of iniesta as an ACM, modric can do a good job at cm im positive as he also has good work rate, and de rossi and or kondogbia are the names ringing in the bernabeu for DM.

Khedira is useless turtle, alonso is broken grandpa and on last year in madrid. ( being a bit hard on alonso but irrelevant at this age and considering madrid will be looking at future.

chelseavliverpool.jpg