Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

I'm going to assume you watched tonnes of Atletico Madrid. Turan is most definitely better than Reus, even though they're different type of wingers.

ah, messi really is a better fullback than Lahm! You're right. How is Luis not one of the 10 best players in the world? Which LB would you have over him? Alaba? Azpilicueta? Kolorov?

Matic is the best pure DM in the world, so he should be top 10 by your logic.

Unless you were creating a best starting 11 in the world. But pure top 10 players, no way is Luis on there.

I can't believe I'm arguing whether luis is top 10 in the WORLD! He's barely top 10 in Chelsea. I know he was great last year but its not like he was setting the world on fire before that.

Luiz is barely top 10 in our team. He's gotten a few games here and hasn't been anything special either

Eden Hazard

Cesc

Terry

Tibo C.

Cech

Costa

Terry

Luis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the FACT that our manager is playing a RB in the LB position ahead of a player who supposedly is the best LB in the world should tell people something.

also, when you talk about the best players in the world, you have it as a GIVEN that they would WALK into any team.

CR

messi

suarez

ADM

lahm

robben

neuer

t silva

yaya

bastian

kompany

vidal

bale

iniesta

these guys will be a part of their first 11 irrespective of whichever club they are playing for

the FACT that our manager is playing a RB in the LB position ahead of a player who supposedly is the best LB in the world should tell people something.

also, when you talk about the best players in the world, you have it as a GIVEN that they would WALK into any team.

CR

messi

suarez

ADM

lahm

robben

neuer

t silva

yaya

bastian

kompany

vidal

bale

iniesta

these guys will be a part of their first 11 irrespective of whichever club they are playing for

I agree with most of them except Bastian and Vidal, I'd put Matic in there and Lewandowski.

CR

messi

suarez

ADM

lahm

robben

neuer

t silva

yaya

bastian

kompany

vidal

bale

iniesta

Cr7 would not start on barcelona....

Cr7 and Robben can never coexist...

Only players that would start on every team is Messi, neuer, thiago silva, vidal, lahm and alaba. Bastian and alonso would of if it was 2012...

That logic is very flawed. If we debating about Mata it would be relevant but since the debate concerns a different player with different skill sets and physicality it shouldn't be applicable.

True. However, my main point was that Mata on paper was listed as a winger for chelsea, when in reality he was always near the central area playing as a second striker similar to Reus at gladbach. He is listed as a so called rw, but in actuality played as second striker for that team...

I guess reus is still better than anyone on the right side for chelsea, but the marco reus that is amazing might be amazing due to him actually playing moreso second striker...

Only players that would start on every team is Messi, neuer, thiago silva, vidal, lahm and alaba. Bastian and alonso would of if it was 2012...

for me bastian is the best and the most complete CM in the world. maybe vidal can compete for that but except for that NONE.

why wont CR start barca?

if ribery and robben can co-exist, so can CR and robben.

for me bastian is the best and the most complete CM in the world. maybe vidal can compete for that but except for that NONE.

why wont CR start barca?

if ribery and robben can co-exist, so can CR and robben.

I agree with your assessment on bastian like in 2013 and prior, but bastian been injured way too much the past year or so... If you take away injuries, than I agree with bastian...

CR7 and robben would kill each other before they share the ball together... Ribery is not cr7, ribery is a very good team player for munich/france, cr7 on the other hand...Also, cr7 wouldnt start on barcelona because he doesnt play like a barcelona player.

I agree with your assessment on bastian like in 2013 and prior, but bastian been injured way too much the past year or so... If you take away injuries, than I agree with bastian...

CR7 and robben would kill each other before they share the ball together... Ribery is not cr7, ribery is a very good team player for munich/france, cr7 on the other hand...Also, cr7 wouldnt start on barcelona because he doesnt play like a barcelona player.

How does suarez fit the barca philosophy? Having messi play second fiddle to suarez is a far bigger challenge than having CR adjust his game style specially considering the fact that messi continued playing thru the center despite someone like aguero in argentina and zlatan in barca. The arrogance and high headedness of that one is just unreal.

Ribery and robben had a very bad relationship. Both had wanted to leave bayern cos of the other. 2012 cl final is proof of that spat.

Agree about bastian. Injury wise he won't make it. But like the WC showed, he is still the best CM around.

How does suarez fit the barca philosophy? Having messi play second fiddle to suarez is a far bigger challenge than having CR adjust his game style specially considering the fact that messi continued playing thru the center despite someone like aguero in argentina and zlatan in barca. The arrogance and high headedness of that one is just unreal.

Ribery and robben had a very bad relationship. Both had wanted to leave bayern cos of the other. 2012 cl final is proof of that spat.

Agree about bastian. Injury wise he won't make it. But like the WC showed, he is still the best CM around.

Messi going to start eventually play in the hole role as he gets older....

Also, Suarez hasnt offically played with Messi yet and suarez is one of the best teammates you can have. Suarez and cr7 are not the same thing. Suarez and ramires might have the best workrate in the epl last season and suarez allowed steven gerrard to take ever pk, fk liverpool had. He isnt a stat whore. However, I dont know how well suarez will do with messi, however, suarez is probably a better match to messi....Also, zlatan didnt work out with a lot of people.. SHY was italy best player before zlatan came and became nonexistent afterwards...

Robben and CR7 would never work. Robben is a hothead and was a selfish player to the max and cr7 still is one. Can you imagine every fk they have, those 2 would be fighting for it...Cristiano would never start at barca nor a pep team.

Bastian and vidal are best cms around....

The best players I think are at bayern, moreso than madrid.. I think bayern will wipe madrid out this season.

Messi going to start eventually play in the hole role as he gets older....

Also, Suarez hasnt offically played with Messi yet and suarez is one of the best teammates you can have. Suarez and cr7 are not the same thing. Suarez and ramires might have the best workrate in the epl last season and suarez allowed steven gerrard to take ever pk, fk liverpool had. He isnt a stat whore. However, I dont know how well suarez will do with messi, however, suarez is probably a better match to messi....Also, zlatan didnt work out with a lot of people.. SHY was italy best player before zlatan came and became nonexistent afterwards...

Robben and CR7 would never work. Robben is a hothead and was a selfish player to the max and cr7 still is one. Can you imagine every fk they have, those 2 would be fighting for it...Cristiano would never start at barca nor a pep team.

Bastian and vidal are best cms around....

The best players I think are at bayern, moreso than madrid.. I think bayern will wipe madrid out this season.

first things first, when i said that these players would walk into any team, i meant it to show that their CLASS sets them apart so much that if they are available, they start, something which is not the case with LUIS right now.

secondly, i have read your posts about CR and now u called him a "stat whore". any person who has such opinions of a 2 time ballon dor winner, is not worth having an argument against. also, a lot of people thought that robben would not start for a pep team. as much as i so bayern, i think robben was one of the main players in pep's bayern last season, so their goes your cr wont start for pep team argument.

LOL Ronado wouldn't start for Barcelona LOL.

The depreciation of Reus in here is laughable. We are talking about a top 5 wingers in the world when he is on form, a player who got around 15-20 goals for the past 3-5 years along with many assists playing on the wing. He was instrumental in that Dortmund run in 2013. Now he is available for 20m release clause and people are fucking debating about whether he can fit into this Chelsea team ahead of Schurrle/Willian on the wing. Sorry to tell you guys but this guy is just as good as Hazard when he is fully fit, maybe even better as he scores a lot more goals.

Having Reus and Hazard on the wing is probably only behind having Ronaldo/Bale and Messi/Neymar. Maybe Robben/Ribery as well but Ribery is injury prone and probably past it now. If you are an automatic starter for a top national team like Germany you must be good.

The depreciation of Reus in here is laughable. We are talking about a top 5 wingers in the world when he is on form, a player who got around 15-20 goals for the past 3-5 years along with many assists playing on the wing. He was instrumental in that Dortmund run in 2013. Now he is available for 20m release clause and people are fucking debating about whether he can fit into this Chelsea team ahead of Schurrle/Willian on the wing. Sorry to tell you guys but this guy is just as good as Hazard when he is fully fit, maybe even better as he scores a lot more goals.

Having Reus and Hazard on the wing is probably only behind having Ronaldo/Bale and Messi/Neymar. Maybe Robben/Ribery as well but Ribery is injury prone and probably past it now. If you are an automatic starter for a top national team like Germany you must be good.

I don't think he is top 5. Madrid has Bale and Cristiano, there are Messi also that plays in the wing sometimes right now, Neymar, Ribery and Robben, Hazard, Alexis, Di Maria and some others. But he is an incredible player and it would be great to have him, I agree with you... I think he would be a great buy, but we will have problems with Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern , Man CIty, Man United and PSG...

A great winger can play in the right and in the left. Almost every world classs winger can play in both well.

I don't think he is top 5. Madrid has Bale and Cristiano, there are Messi also that plays in the wing sometimes right now, Neymar, Ribery and Robben, Hazard, Alexis, Di Maria and some others. But he is an incredible player and it would be great to have him, I agree with you... I think he would be a great buy, but we will have problems with Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern , Man CIty, Man United and PSG...

A great winger can play in the right and in the left. Almost every world classs winger can play in both well.

Ronaldo

Robben

Di Maria

Bale

Reus

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You