Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Reus would be a great fit for the team. High workrate, just like Mou likes.

Where would Reus play?

Where would Hazard play?

Where would Oscar play?

Where would willian/schurrle play?

What about ramires, cesc and matic.

Would Chelsea move to a 4-3-3 than?

reus wouldnt make sense, unless either hazard or oscar were leaving.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would Reus play?

Where would Hazard play?

Where would Oscar play?

Cesc-Matic

Oscar-Reus-Hazard

Costa

Subs:Schurrle, Willian, Remy, etc.

Oscar and Reus defensively would make Mou the happiest manager ever, and would lower the amount of what Oscar and Hazard would have to do defensively.

Cesc-Matic

Oscar-Reus-Hazard

Costa

Oscar and Reus defensively would make Mou the happiest manager ever, and would lower the amount of what Oscar and Hazard would have to do defensively.

So, basically your saying reus has a better workrate than Willian/schurrle? Reus can effectively press thru the middle like Oscar can? Reus can balance out Matic/Cesc in the midfield right?

So, basically your saying reus has a better workrate than Willian/schurrle? Reus can effectively press thru the middle like Oscar can? Reus can balance out Matic/Cesc in the midfield right?

Just as good, if he needs to. Him and Oscar both pressing would relieve them and Hazard.

Where would Reus play?

Where would Hazard play?

Where would Oscar play?

well said :blue scalf:

Cesc-Matic

Oscar-Reus-Hazard

Costa

Can let good players keep you from signing world class players. As if Willian workrate is the main reason we win games.

Let me get this straight, you are holding up Scurlle as an example of providing defensive quality over Reus? Have you watched him? He is a beast at pressing, which is all you can say for Scurlle as his defensive positions are crap.

Check man city game.

Reus is a good profile player for our teams identity

Can let good players keep you from signing world class players. As if Willian workrate is the main reason we win games.

Exactly. I love Willian but if Reus is available, I'd be happy to say bye to Willian.

Where would Reus play?

Where would Hazard play?

Where would Oscar play?

So because we have Schurrle and Willian we should pass on world class player.. Yeah right.

For me it's like:

- If Reus come - one of the Schurrle/Willian would be sold (I'm all for it)

- If Pogba come - Oscar would be sold and Fabregas moved to AM position (I'm not so sure about it, depend on Oscar performences later and Pogba price and earnings)

Oh brother as if we don't have enough worldclass midfielders as it is ... not to mention the twenty or so out on loan hoping fo one day get their shot at the bridge. Thorgan Hazard, that Danish bloke, Marko Van Ginkel and so on and so on ...

We've done fantastic transfer business over the summer, stop nagging.

Let me get this straight, you are holding up Scurlle as an example of providing defensive quality over Reus? Have you watched him? He is a beast at pressing, which is all you can say for Scurlle as his defensive positions are crap.

Check man city game.

Reus is a good profile player for our teams identity

Reus is good at pressing, but BVB in general is a high pressing team, not just Reus. Oscar is the key to the press. Reus is a component of BVB pressing.

Chelsea on the otherhand has ramires, willian, oscar, costa that effectively press on the opponents half.

Without Oscar, Cesc and Matic cannot handle the midfield duties by themselves.

So because we have Schurrle and Willian we should pass on world class player.. Yeah right.

For me it's like:

- If Reus come - one of the Schurrle/Willian would be sold (I'm all for it)

- If Pogba come - Oscar would be sold and Fabregas moved to AM position (I'm not so sure about it, depend on Oscar performences later and Pogba price and earnings)

Just like perez. When james became available he bought him even though he had isco. when kroos became available he purchased him, even though he had illaramendi, modric and di maria/alonso...

Reus needs to play in the middle/left and be featured to be effective. How can you feature costa, cesc, hazard and reus all at the same time?

Hazard was the feature player last season and this season not so much. Thus far, he has one pk and a cutin goal. It's going to be really difficult to keep all of them happy.

However, like i said before, chelsea is on the bottom of his list...

Bayern, madrid and barca are all ahead right now for reus, so he is completely irrelevant and impossible to sign.

Reus is good at pressing, but BVB in general is a high pressing team, not just Reus. Oscar is the key to the press. Reus is a component of BVB pressing.

Chelsea on the otherhand has ramires, willian, oscar, costa that effectively press on the opponents half.

Just like perez. When james became available he bought him even though he had isco. when kroos became available he purchased him, even though he had illaramendi, modric and di maria/alonso...

Reus needs to play in the middle/left and be featured to be effective. How can you feature costa, cesc, hazard and reus all at the same time?

Hazard was the feature player last season and this season not so much. Thus far, he has one pk and a cutin goal. It's going to be really difficult to keep all of them happy.

Bayern, madrid and barca are all ahead right now for reus, so he is completely irrelevant and impossible to sign.

See I think you have agreed with me. Reus does not make pressing on his own, but he would fit in with our pressing game. Also, I don't see how oscar is compared? He is the glue to the team, essentially it's a 4-3-3 with him the forward pressing cm. Reus is an attacking mid or winger, whichever. Schurlle or willian would step aside. Though I do agree I'm not sure how likely this is to happen ( in fact more unlikely than not) but theoretically he would make us take another step

First of all - I also think that getting Reus is almost impossible for us.

Second of all - James replaced Di Maria, I think Di maria was level above him and i agree that was completely dumb move

Third of all - as I wrote signing Reus would have nothing to do with Oscar, we will still have Oscar and Costa and Matic pressing, with addition of Reus pressing who I think is better at that than Schurrle

Fourth of all - I think Reus would be better offensively on right wing than Schurrle and Willian, and he could change positions with Hazard if Hazard has his quiet moments in games (and he has them often)

Not sure why some think Reus cant play on the right, if Bale can still be effective after switching side i don't see why Reus cant do the same. Reus is by far the more complete footballer.

Willian, Schurrle, and Salah have not impressed anyone to think they can be regular in our starting XI, the right attacking midfield is one of those positions that clearly needs an upgrade. Cuadrado is another intresting option tbh.

Gundogan is an amazing CM, he was so good during Dortmund run to the CL final. Truely on his to becoming the best CM in the world if he kept that form. Shame about his injury, hopefully he can recover and come back.

Not sure why some think Reus cant play on the right, if Bale can still be effective after switching side i don't see why Reus cant do the same. Reus is by far the more complete footballer.

Willian, Schurrle, and Salah have not impressed anyone to think they can be regular in our starting XI, the right attacking midfield is one of those positions that clearly needs an upgrade. Cuadrado is another intresting option tbh.

Gundogan is an amazing CM, he was so good during Dortmund run to the CL final. Truely on his to becoming the best CM in the world if he kept that form. Shame about his injury, hopefully he can recover and come back.

Bale is a left footer and a fullback in his younger days.

Reus won the league MVP while playing for Borussia Mönchengladbach. Guess where he played? RW.

In 37 games he played as RW for Mönchengladbach, he managed 21 goals 14 assists in 37 games.

. Marco Reus - 7.74 (AMR / 22 / Borussia MGladbach)

2011%2F12%2FReus-Stats-Study.jpg

If any were unfamiliar with the name Marco Reus prior to 2011, they shouldn't be after the year the 22-year-old has had with Borussia MGladbach. An integral figure in keeping the side in the Bundesliga by the skin of their teeth last season - finishing the campaign as the team-leader for both goals (10) and assists (8) - Reus has gone from strength to strength this term and it may only be a matter of time before he is considered as a potential starter in the national side.

The young winger is all but equally adept when starting up front and has switched between a right midfield role and a position as striker this season to devastating effect. He has already matched his goal tally of 10 from last season in just 15 games and is unlucky to have picked up a solitary assist for his troubles.

Since the start of the year, Reus has scored 12 goals and picked up 3 assists. He has registered 3.16 shots per game and an impressive 2.52 key passes per game, giving him a total of 63 chances created for teammates this season, who are somewhat to blame for his meagre assist tally for the year. As a tricky wide man he has attempted 5.52 dribbles per game but not shirked his defensive responsibility to make and exceptional 2.24 tackles and 1.76 interceptions per match.

Don't know what makes people think Reus can't play at RW.

Here are more pieces.

bundesliga.png

2011-12 Bundesliga team of the season

German Bundesliga Team of the Season

For the second year running, the German Bundesliga season has come to a close with Borussia Dortmund crowned champions.

RM: Marco Reus (Borussia Monchengladbach) - 7 Team Of The Week Appearances

While Reus didn't exactly play as a winger always, the movement involved in Gladbach coach Lucien Favre's style of play means there's no real way to pinpoint where each player, apart from the backline, is playing.

Reus did spend most of his time playing as a 'forward', but he posed the biggest threat whenever he drifted out to the right flanks, where he would then proceed to beat his direct opponent before laying on a pass and going for goal himself.

The 2011/12 campaign saw the Germany international bypass the 20-goal mark for the first time in his career, earning him a summer move to Dortmund in the process, where he's likely to only get better.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You