Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

You said Reus would be a good piece to United. That's what I was replying to.

You cannot say for sure that Mata will be sold, just like no-one can say for sure if Falcao will stay past his loan. At the present time they don't need Reus at all.

And if you mean United should sign Gundogan then... While Gundogan IS better than all their CMs yeah, (I wouldn't say by far cos I highly rate Blind but still better) I highly doubt they'd sign him either. They can only play 2 in the midfield with their current crop of attacking players and they wouldn't drop Herrera after signing him for so much money (would be stupid) and you couldn't play Gundogan & Herrera or you'd get raped on the counter.

Quick note for you, I rate Gundogan very very highly too mate, not criticising him at all. I truly believe that there aren't many CMs in the world better than him.

United need wing play so LVG can move to a 4-3-3 or his world cup formation or the typical 4-4-2 united formation. ATM, United have di maria, valencia, adan and young as wingers. Reus would take one wing and di maria can take the other or move him back to cm in the 4-3-3. United and LVG will sell Mata the first decent offer they get....

Gundogan vs blint, fellaini, carrick, herrrara is no comparison. Gundogan is better in ever aspect than all 4 combined. Even defensively, gundogan was a very good/decent defensive cm for BVB.

Quick note, United have a hell of a lot of money and will spent as much as possible to assure they make top 4. Last year they wanted to go cheap and that backfired on that and might of set them back for a few years.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will he replace ?

Currently nobody because we are just fine. That doesn't mean things will change come next year. Aside from a CB i can't see us beïng very active next summer, unless either Oscar/Willian/Schürrle prove to be to inconsistent for a regular role.

Currently nobody because we are just fine. That doesn't mean things will change come next year. Aside from a CB i can't see us beïng very active next summer, unless either Oscar/Willian/Schürrle prove to be to inconsistent for a regular role.

I was answerring someone who called us shortsighted when currently our overseas quota is full and the squad id deliverring.

I was answerring someone who called us shortsighted when currently our overseas quota is full and the squad id deliverring.

Got to say that's not how I read it. The reply said it would be short sighted to think that our squad is perfect and not capable of improvement. 'Perfect' is obviously a tough standard but it does seem to me that we are short. Among the current AMs it looks like only Hazard can be considered an automatic pick. All of the others leave Jose dissatisfied from time to time and find themselves being rotated. I know a lot people see Oscar as a guaranteed selection but fewer picture Willian or Schurrle as the complete answer. I therefore do think we have a need at AM.

Traore will qualify for a work permit in plenty of time to join the squad next season and it may be that Jose wants to hold a slot open for him but, even so, it's hard to imagine that if an elite level AM like Marco Reus becomes available, we wouldn't be interested.

As for an alternative to Oscar, it may sound off the wall but how about Arturo Vidal? Jose demands that his '10' plays a full part when we're out of possession and Vidal does that in spades. The Chilean also loves to play high and is, in my opinion, comfortably better on the ball than Oscar.

Got to say that's not how I read it. The reply said it would be short sighted to think that our squad is perfect and not capable of improvement. 'Perfect' is obviously a tough standard but it does seem to me that we are short. Among the current AMs it looks like only Hazard can be considered an automatic pick. All of the others leave Jose dissatisfied from time to time and find themselves being rotated. I know a lot people see Oscar as a guaranteed selection but fewer picture Willian or Schurrle as the complete answer. I therefore do think we have a need at AM.

Traore will qualify for a work permit in plenty of time to join the squad next season and it may be that Jose wants to hold a slot open for him but, even so, it's hard to imagine that if an elite level AM like Marco Reus becomes available, we wouldn't be interested.

As for an alternative to Oscar, it may sound off the wall but how about Arturo Vidal? Jose demands that his '10' plays a full part when we're out of possession and Vidal does that in spades. The Chilean also loves to play high and is, in my opinion, comfortably better on the ball than Oscar.

so who do you want to replace..to bring in an overseas player someone must go out

so who do you want to replace..to bring in an overseas player someone must go out

Salah is a 'free' pick in that Jose does not really seem to want to use him and would hardly miss the Egyptian if he left. Can't remember if Moh was on the U21 list this season but he won't be next year. If we need to free a second slot then replace Drogba with Bamford. (I rate Solanke more highly than Bamford but he's too young.)

This idea that our current team is perfect and cannot be improved is incredible short sighted

This This this this this this this this and this.

Some really haven't learnt from the lesson off 2010 have they? There are always ways to improve the squad, we should never rest on our laurels.

The problem with Reus is the problem with Schurrle and to a lesser extent, the problem with Willian : All of them are more comfortable on the left and barely 2/3rd's as good on the right. I'm not impressed by Reus' level when he plays on the right. Even Hazard is better on the left, though because of his special ability, it doesn't affect his level too much. Salah is the only one truly comfortable there. It's a bit of a shame because Reus is obviously a great player, but we should be looking at a more natural right winger. Cuadrado is interesting but he's not world class.

Besides, with the added balance and quality Costa and Fabregas have brought to the side, and the less reliance (and pressure) on midfielders for goals we should be looking at improving on what we already have. I do agree that eventually we should be thinking of improving the quality on that right side in the summer though, if Schurrle continues to put up inconsistent, irregular performances.

who will he replace ?

Well depends on the formation because that affects personal, but I see no problem with him on the right. Especially as Ivanovic provides width so we may go back to the days of 'inverted wingers' or players that tend to play across the final third.

Obviously one if willian and Schurrle would need to be sold, but considering how some people were saying that willian really needs to step up in terms of productivity this year I don't see how it's so impossible.

Don't get me wrong though I don't see any evidence that any of this is going to happen, but it's early

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You