Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as a striker is in great physical condition and can clearly still play at an elite level for a few more years I don't care about their age. It's why I would take Aguero no questions asked if it were possible even though he's just about 30.

I mean, we just saw a 35 year old Zlatan easily play in the PL and could comfortably do so for another couple of seasons if he hadn't picked up that freak injury. 

15 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

I always like getting them young, but I guess you have a good point here. Of the four strikers available at the start of the summer, he is likely to be both the cheapest (wages excluded) and the safest option. 
I mean, it is pretty unlikely that Belotti and Morata come in and start dominating the league after all, and that is what we want. By the time PEA is 32 and most likely declining, he will have given us a couple of good seasons while we buy ourselves four transfer windows to find a long-term replacement. These transfer sums are here to stay, so we better get used to them.

Also, if someone told us as the beginning of the window that we would be getting Rudiger, Caballero, PEA, Danilo, Bakayoko and whatever RW we find then I doubt people would be too unhappy. 
As a Brazilian, what is your opinion on Danilo? Worth the shot?

35 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Also, if someone told us as the beginning of the window that we would be getting Rudiger, Caballero, PEA, Danilo, Bakayoko and whatever RW we find then I doubt people would be too unhappy. 
As a Brazilian, what is your opinion on Danilo? Worth the shot?

Yes that window sounds good until u add but we will lose costa matic zouma ake RLC chaloba begovic atsu traore Terry aina.

8 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Yes that window sounds good until u add but we will lose costa matic zouma ake RLC chaloba begovic atsu traore Terry aina.

Zouma, Ake, Chaloba, Begovic, Atsu, Traore, Terry and Aina played either no role at all this season, or next to none. Let us not act as if they are huge losses. 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

Good argument. Just FYI - I'm actually not against signing Auba, of course it would be a nice signing, however, in my opinion, if you're going to make a huge investment, getting someone who's younger is something you'd have to look at. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't Suarez 28 when Barca got him? If we were making a habit of these type of signing's it would be a bad move as we will have another 10/11 like season on the way eventually (and i think that would finish me, despite the second place finish it was our worst moment of the modern era bar Jose's last month's) but to do it as a one off is ok, if Auba delivers as much as 1 title or CL (and that's a huge contribution not winning a corner by fluke) he's worth it.

For sure - I'm just saying that if we're signing in a position for big money, you'd look at the younger player and think that the investment might be more justified. I'm aware of Auba's merits and he'd be a good signing, just that Belotti being younger can be seen as a positive if we were to make a huge investment in him. 

Milan are in talks with all the players we are interested in WTF? 

They want Belotii, PEA, Morata? They can't be this indecisive or we need to close a deal on the striker we want. I am starting to get nervy about our squad. I dont know if we would have the fire power to compete in PL let alone other competitions. 

37 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Zouma, Ake, Chaloba, Begovic, Atsu, Traore, Terry and Aina played either no role at all this season, or next to none. Let us not act as if they are huge losses. 

They might not be huge losses as far as the first choice starting eleven goes but to get rid of ALL squad players at the same time is just crazy. Don't forget there were already departures of Oscar, Mikel and Ivanovic in January without any replacements. 

At the moment, not counting the youth players there is just one striker, three attacking midfielders (one injured), three central midfielders (one injured) and two wing-backs (one suspended) in the squad. So without further reinforcements for the league opener against Burnley there's only six first team players available for seven positions and the bench would pretty much be entirely made out of youngsters who haven't made a single appearance for the club. Don't know about you but that doesn't seem enough for a team that supposedly has ambitions to compete in four different fronts and unless Conte somehow magically starts trusting unproven young lads like Baker, Musonda and Kenedy the squad depth problem won't be solved with just one or two new signings.

28 minutes ago, Jype said:

They might not be huge losses as far as the first choice starting eleven goes but to get rid of ALL squad players at the same time is just crazy. Don't forget there were already departures of Oscar, Mikel and Ivanovic in January without any replacements. 

At the moment, not counting the youth players there is just one striker, three attacking midfielders (one injured), three central midfielders (one injured) and two wing-backs (one suspended) in the squad. So without further reinforcements for the league opener against Burnley there's only six first team players available for seven positions and the bench would pretty much be entirely made out of youngsters who haven't made a single appearance for the club. Don't know about you but that doesn't seem enough for a team that supposedly has ambitions to compete in four different fronts and unless Conte somehow magically starts trusting unproven young lads like Baker, Musonda and Kenedy the squad depth problem won't be solved with just one or two new signings.

Several of those were out on loan, so they were not squad players for us last season. The target for us seem to be 6-7 new players (of which we have 3 finished), which together with retaining Musonda, Baker and Kenedy should be just about enough.

Strikers: Bats, new CF
Wingers: Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Musonda, new RW
CM: Bakayoko, Kante, Baker, Matic(or replacement)
LWB: Alonso, new LWB
RWB: Moses, Azpilicueta, Danilo(?)
CB: Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta
GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

This of course depends on us getting our targets, but I think the club is aware of the need for it. They are just not as much of a hurry as the supporters are. We already have two big signings, and a third one (Danilo) seems to be close. Perhaps I am the optimistic one, but I think we will still see several signings before the window is over. 

Just now, Rekin said:

Several of those were out on loan, so they were not squad players for us last season. The target for us seem to be 6-7 new players (of which we have 3 finished), which together with retaining Musonda, Baker and Kenedy should be just about enough.

This of course depends on us getting our targets, but I think the club is aware of the need for it. They are just not as much of a hurry as the supporters are. We already have two big signings, and a third one (Danilo) seems to be close. Perhaps I am the optimistic one, but I think we will still see several signings before the window is over. 

Yeah. There's only a slight problem that getting in a new CF, RW, CM, LWB and RWB needs a HUGE amount of work to be done by the board, not to mention a lot of money which the club seem really reluctant in spending for some reason. So far the board have managed to pull off two signings (not counting Caballero because a backup GK on a free is as straightforward a deal as it gets) in two months and there's only a few weeks left till the season starts so I absolutely cannot see them getting in five players done in time and that's why letting go so many squad players is kinda moronic.

If the club does indeed make five more additions to the team with at least the striker being a top class player and the rest of them at least adequate squad members then yeah all is good, but right now it doesn't really look like anything is being done about most of those positions. Here are the facts:

1) The club were already caught dithering with the striker problem and that caused missing out on Conte's first choice target. The second choice, Morata, is looking likely to slip away too and also Dortmund keep reminding everyone that potential buyers only have a few more days left to buy Aubameyang but so far not a single formal offer has come in and they have even denied being in negotiations with Chelsea. Something needs to happen and fast!

2) All the eggs were put in the Alex Sandro basket for LWB signing but that's not gonna happen now. The second best option, Mendy, is already going to Man City so who's next? I'd go and get Ryan Bertrand back from Southampton but won't be easy negotiating with that club. 

3) Chalobah was sold and Matic is being frozen out without as much as a peep about a replacement so I'm having a really hard time believing anything is being done about that. This for me is even more worrying than the striker situation because Bakayoko is injured till September and it's a massive risk to go in with just Kante and Fabregas as the only available central midfielders. There's really important league games against top6 coming up already in the first few rounds and losing too many points there can really hurt the season so the club simply can't wait till September 1st to sign the central midfielder version of Papy Djilobodji.

4) Same as above for attacking midfielders. Hazard is still out for a good while and even after recovering he'll need time to get back to full fitness having missed out pre-season entirely so for the moment Conte is left with just Willian and Pedro as first team wingers. Not as acute an issue as the CF and CM departments but still one signing is needed here for squad depth. Only seen some rumours today about Yannick Carrasco but remains to be seen whether there's something real about those reports, would be a good choice tho. 

The last two title defenses in 10/11 and 15/16 were nothing short of embarrassing and the key reason for both those was the club's reluctance in making improvements in the squad through new signings. Go back two years to read this forum and people were just as concerned as now and they were right so it's more than understandable to raise questions now too. For most clubs this would be the time to try build up momentum by making some key signings and really go for the back-to-back title wins and a good European campaign, but Chelsea have history of resting on their laurels over the summer after a convincing title win and call me crazy but I'm honestly sensing the same kind of pattern here this time around. Will be really glad if I'm proven wrong though.

3 hours ago, Rekin said:

Good work. I'll be using this. 

1. 4 winger for 2 spot is enough, unleast conte didn't count musonda...
2. for CM, you must be forgot fabs on that list, so no need for new CM even matic was sold...

so 1 CF, 1 LWB, 1 RWB is minimum standart for the next season. and i hope its fill with Auba, Danilo and Mendy...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You