Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backwards step IMHO

We need a World Class player not another gamble...

Buy good, buy once

Buy cheap, buy twice..

Same rule applies here - just ask Newcastle? :)

How would he be a backwards step? I won't admit to have watched a lot of his game, but what we need is someone that can score goals and link up play as the striker. His goal record is impressive this season and i'm sure Chelsea know what there doing. Its not always about buying world class players. I'd prefer to buy a player that has talent and can actually fit in our system, rather than a 'world class' player who we'd be paying large sums of money for and is just as big a gamble. Don't let a price tag fool you

Backwards step IMHO

Buy good, buy once

Buy cheap, buy twice..

He's a solid player, anything below 10-12 million would be a bargain, not a gamble.

Also, what do you mean by "another" gamble..because Lukaku was a long term signing, no one expected him to move from Belgium and immediately make it into Chelsea first team.

How would he be a backwards step? I won't admit to have watched a lot of his game, but what we need is someone that can score goals and link up play as the striker. His goal record is impressive this season and i'm sure Chelsea know what there doing. Its not always about buying world class players. I'd prefer to buy a player that has talent and can actually fit in our system, rather than a 'world class' player who we'd be paying large sums of money for and is just as big a gamble. Don't let a price tag fool you

I'm not remember we signed Kezman - excellent record didn't produce...

Whatever way you look at he's a gamble a big gamble - admittedly he cannot be worse than Torres, but still a big gamble.

I would prefer Falcao or Cavvani - big game players, proven at highest level...

But hey - if he comes to CFC I will support him, like I do for all of our players.,. :)

He's a solid player, anything below 10-12 million would be a bargain, not a gamble.

Also, what do you mean by "another" gamble..because Lukaku was a long term signing, no one expected him to move from Belgium and immediately make it into Chelsea first team.

See my other post above, Kezman, Kalou etc ...

For once I want us to have a clinical, deadly striker like Man U have with RvP.

Not someone who has potential, will get better etc - I want a 25 goal a season monster

Just my opinion though...

Hard to imagine a player who played in the Czech Republic to be playing in England, let alone Chelsea lol. Still weird to see Edin Dzeko, who used to play for Usti nad Labem, which is a town just a few miles from the town I was born in, wearing a Man City shirt.

Just because he plays in Holland and Kezman had a good record in Holland then moved here and turned out to be bullshit, doesn't mean Bony will be the same! What I've heard about him is all positive, big strong, pacey, great finisher. Only a matter of time before he comes here I think. His agent stated we were following him and with our link with Vitesse I think we'll get him.

Also whats with the hate on Kalou, scored vital goals from the bench, was a decent player overall. The fact we used him as winger when he was a CF didn't help either.

Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy (one of my fav strikers ever) and Suarez all came from this 'shit' Eredivisie. They were shit in england too, right?

WTF is wrong with some people. If this Bony came for 20 mio, everyone would say he will be the best, but just because he is worth about 10mio and not known, you all know that he will be bad here. Cmon, it could turn to be better than Falcao or whoever.

Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy (one of my fav strikers ever) and Suarez all came from this 'shit' Eredivisie. They were shit in england too, right?

WTF is wrong with some people. If this Bony came for 20 mio, everyone would say he will be the best, but just because he is worth about 10mio and not known, you all know that he will be bad here. Cmon, it could turn to be better than Falcao or whoever.

Most its about the quality of player, not league. The most quality strikers will handle any leage, more or less.

Nah, we can do better. Why sign Bony when we've got better options?

which are?

Schürrle? Remy? More expensive and offer less. At least little we do not already have in Sturridge.

Bony for 8-10m sounds about right. We payed nearly as much for Marin and Bony is by far the better player.

Another great vid. The more I watch him the more I like him as a player. His style is kinda unique, a bit more playful than drogs, but no-nonsense as well. You have to check his runs and moves right before he connects with the ball first time, he is so clever he always knows how to create space for himself in advance, that is why he always has the time to outfox the goalkeeper and make the finish even saver. This player is so versatile, he can link up with Mazacar but could also use some long, precise goals from Lamps (if he stays), which would give as an ultimate new weapon as plan B. Imagine, mazacar have not the best day while we need a goal, we can play with Lamps, Moses and Bony and make some old-fashioned Mourinho-style moves which the opponent will naturally not be used to. I know, he has weaknesses that have to be adressed. Sometimes he is sloppy or has a time off (never a game off, he often does score AND assist but rarely does none of these) and he could move and react even faster in the vicinity of the ball. But technically and physically it is all there. He does not have the same coordination problems as Lukaku and as he is not as tall can be more flexible.

My point is, if we're going to sign a striker, let's sign one that will actually lead the team from the get go... For example a Cavani or Falcao.

Of course that'd mean us moving Fernando on, but I'd rather that than sign a Bony/Schurrle/Remy to be honest. I'd rather wait till the summer and sign a striker that'll overtake as our number one striker for definite.

How do you know this guy wont be better than Falcao for Chelsea?

I can already see that we will go after big money

player and Bony will go either to Lpool, Newcastle, Arsenal and in second season be on of the best strikers in league.

Just because he is cheap, doesnt mean he is average.

If he continues with scoring goals so fast, he will have more goals than Suarez had wth Ajax three seasons ago. And we all know that Suarez is becoming one of best strikers in the league.

My point is, if we're going to sign a striker, let's sign one that will actually lead the team from the get go... For example a Cavani or Falcao.

Of course that'd mean us moving Fernando on, but I'd rather that than sign a Bony/Schurrle/Remy to be honest. I'd rather wait till the summer and sign a striker that'll overtake as our number one striker for definite.

We can't wait till the summer, we have won many games in-spite of Torres but how long can that go on? recently he has even stopped playing well, which used to be his one saving grace for me, and just does nothing for 90 minutes.

And if the Chelsea scouts have seen enough to think Bony is good enough, then i'm fine with that.

which are?

Schürrle? Remy? More expensive and offer less. At least little we do not already have in Sturridge.

Bony for 8-10m sounds about right. We payed nearly as much for Marin and Bony is by far the better player.

Another great vid. The more I watch him the more I like him as a player. His style is kinda unique, a bit more playful than drogs, but no-nonsense as well. You have to check his runs and moves right before he connects with the ball first time, he is so clever he always knows how to create space for himself in advance, that is why he always has the time to outfox the goalkeeper and make the finish even saver. This player is so versatile, he can link up with Mazacar but could also use some long, precise goals from Lamps (if he stays), which would give as an ultimate new weapon as plan B. Imagine, mazacar have not the best day while we need a goal, we can play with Lamps, Moses and Bony and make some old-fashioned Mourinho-style moves which the opponent will naturally not be used to. I know, he has weaknesses that have to be adressed. Sometimes he is sloppy or has a time off (never a game off, he often does score AND assist but rarely does none of these) and he could move and react even faster in the vicinity of the ball. But technically and physically it is all there. He does not have the same coordination problems as Lukaku and as he is not as tall can be more flexible.

What I see in that video is promising, more promising than Lukaku right now. Sign him up Roman! May sound stupid that I'm judging him from a video but his finishing is brilliant, uses strength to knock defenders off balance for some of his goals too. I might watch Vitesse vs Twente tomorrow to see him play.

Backwards step IMHO

Buy good, buy once

Buy cheap, buy twice..

What do you mean? Remember Newcastle scouts scouted Yohan Cabaye and Pappis Cisse, eventually leading to them being signed for a fee smaller than what they were worth. Going on that their scouts must be very good as Cisse and Cabaye have been very very good for them so I'd imagine by the time they are being linked with Bony he must be a good enough player to lead the line for Newcastle, who are a good team at the moment, with better forwards than we have so surely he'd be worth a punt and good enough for us?

Backwards step IMHO

Buy good, buy once

Buy cheap, buy twice..

Let's see....

Shevchenko for 30M

Torres for 50M

How did these "world class" striker fare?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You