Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Its worrisome for Danny, as Kalou seems to be starting match after match.

Can't deny Kalou's contributing in a small way in every match, but surely there's no way he can play the full 90 mins of every match without doing something significant?

Based on the fact that all Sturridge offers is goals, and lately he hasn't been doing that. His defending is just awful and his work rate is the worst in the team. As a manager, you just can't afford to be playing him when in a match like today when the opposition have a left winger like Bale.

Since Robbie has taken over, Kalou has been one of our best players. Most of the games he played, he's always the one running the mos on the attack and also tracks back like he always does. Yes, he lacks the technique sometimes, and he defenitely doesn't have Danny's pace, but atm, I think that he, overall, offers more on the pitch.

Yeah but also we never play sturridge up top so he can score goals. if we did hands down he'd be our top scorer at the club. "Kalou has been one of our best players" are you kidding me?? he is so up and down, I'd put Cahill,Cech,Terry,Lampard,Mata,Torres,Drogba,Ramires, Luiz, ALL way before i'd even think about Kalou. Thats your opinion I guess. He lacks Technique,Pace,Passing Ability, He just pops up with an odd goal at an important time. He offers 30% less than Sturridge does.

Yeah but also we never play sturridge up top so he can score goals. if we did hands down he'd be our top scorer at the club. "Kalou has been one of our best players" are you kidding me?? he is so up and down, I'd put Cahill,Cech,Terry,Lampard,Mata,Torres,Drogba,Ramires, Luiz, ALL way before i'd even think about Kalou. Thats your opinion I guess. He lacks Technique,Pace,Passing Ability, He just pops up with an odd goal at an important time. He offers 30% less than Sturridge does.

Di Matteo knows what he's doing. 9 wins in 12 games says it all really. I wouldn't mind if it was Paulo fucking Ferreira playing on the wing as long as we get the results. If / when things start to get worse I'll come and moan about Kalou playing instead of Studge but now I'm just happy about the results.

Di Matteo knows what he's doing. 9 wins in 12 games says it all really. I wouldn't mind if it was Paulo fucking Ferreira playing on the wing as long as we get the results. If / when things start to get worse I'll come and moan about Kalou playing instead of Studge but now I'm just happy about the results.

Was never questioning Di Matteo. My point is simple. Wave goodbye to Sturridge come seasons end. he is better than Kalou and he isn't getting a run in our team. He is the future of Chelsea. Kalou isn't. No different than Lukaku.

Was never questioning Di Matteo. My point is simple. Wave goodbye to Sturridge come seasons end. he is better than Kalou and he isn't getting a run in our team. He is the future of Chelsea. Kalou isn't. No different than Lukaku.

If it ain't broken then don't try to fix it.

If playing Kalou for the rest of the season instead of Sturridge gives us a better chance to win the FA Cup and possibly even the long-awaited Champions League title I'm all for it and let's worry about the future of Chelsea in the off-season.

It will be a massive mistake to let this man leave. It's foolish to give up on such a young talented player.

Exactly, but Kalou has been a much better team player recently so I don't really blame RDM on this one. Kalou assists everytime one of his team mates are free in a dangerous position, and he brings little excitement whenever he has the ball in his feet because you know that he might produce something, look at his pass to Mata today.

Sturridge on the other hand attempts to shoot from every angle. He's Robben v2. But hopefully he's realized why he's been warming the bench and changes his attitude from now on.

If the board doesn't realise he isn't a fucking winger, we should sell him. It will be better for both parties : For him, because if we keep playing him on the wing we'll kill his potential ; For us because we will never have a good winger out of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamXIcNTXtc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQl7jU5_GU0

Should be playing up top next year, Torres has had his time when we sign a right winger Sturridge and Lukaku need to be given runs up top for Chelsea FC - it's players like these two which can be our strike force for the next 5-10 years.

Definitely deserved to have played as the central striker more. The support the fans/club have shown to Torres is ridiculous considering the return he's produced in terms of goals. DD still a beast on his day but those days come very rarely nowadays due to his age.

It's very unfair that Sturridge has only played one game in the CF role, especially considering all our other attackers bar Mata have been dogshite.

I'm not a fan of his attitude. He needs to grow up but I can understand his frustration.

I also understand that Kalou is the better team player and that justifies his starts but why does Sturridge not even get substitute appearances anymore? RDM clearly has no faith and can't be arsed to deal with him.

I'm just worried that we'll sell him to a rival. Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool will all be happy to sign him if he's on the market. Hope he goes somewhere else. Rather he go to Spurs/Newcastle.

I don't think he's 'deserved' to play at all considering his recent showings, let alone in the CF role. He doesn't convince me.

Agree with that but I meant generally throughout the season. Torres and drogba have been useless as "strikers" this season if you think about the overall picture. But he should be used as a substitute now and then because we could use his pace against tired defenders.

I think he can actually make a differnce off the bench when we need a goal. But the last couple of games we were leading and needed to defend, so bringing on a winger who doesn't track back for a winger who does was rightly not in the card for RDM. But I agree that he should've been given a chance at CF this season, just not at this critical stage.

Definitely deserved to have played as the central striker more. The support the fans/club have shown to Torres is ridiculous considering the return he's produced in terms of goals. DD still a beast on his day but those days come very rarely nowadays due to his age.
I don't think he's 'deserved' to play at all considering his recent showings, let alone in the CF role. He doesn't convince me.

As FrancoZola rightly points out, we showed immense resilience to back Torres through this horrendous spell he's going through, but we're allowing it because we know what he used to be capable of etc. It's very unfair we don't show the same attitude with Sturridge.

Yes he can be frustrating at times, but at the beginning of the season we loved it. We encouraged it, fed off it and were almost mesmerized as to why it took so long for him to get a place in this squad. Sturridge is brilliantly talented, you can literally play the worst ball to him and he'll attempt to making it work with his persistence not to let it phase him if he doesn't score.

He showed at Bolton he's more than capable of playing CF. Himself & Davies produced a great attacking duo, he's not as selfish as is being made out (though I'm under no illusion he's not). He's said he doesn't mind playing on the wing, as long as he's playing, but it's my belief he's struggling to making these passes we expect because he's been forced out there and is trying to make an impact. Can he blamed? Absolutely not. He's young, hungry, has international ambitions and it just keen to play. Especially after seeing Mr. Ancelotti favour Kalou.

Kalou, for all his lack of football intelligence, back tracks very well. Granted. But I think Sturridge's omission of late's been really harsh on a kid just trying to do the best he can where he's deployed.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/city-weigh-up-bid-for-former-star

£20 million? More like £35 million + Silva.

The sad thing is that I can see him moving if a bid is made, poor career decision if you ask me.

Dzeko

Aguero

Tevez

Balotelli

Strurridge

A team can never have enough CFs.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/city-weigh-up-bid-for-former-star

£20 million? More like £35 million + Silva.

The sad thing is that I can see him moving if a bid is made, poor career decision if you ask me.

Dzeko

Aguero

Tevez

Balotelli

Strurridge

A team can never have enough CFs.

They're likely to offload Dzeko, Tevez, and possibly Balotelli.

Quite possible they'd move for Sturridge, though they'd also bring in another superstar striker first to pair with Aguero.