Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaw because Baines is 29 later this year.

if you're good enough you're old enough is used for kids, but the same applies for older players.

Baines has at least 4-5 TOP CLASS years in him yet... Most contracts are 3-4 years

So remove age - is Shaw better than Baines? ;)

Shaw is a lot younger than Baines so I would say Shaw

Take age out of the equation - we are talking about building a squad to win the EPL next season...

You got 1 pick... Baines or Shaw - age doesn't matter in this hypothetical sense...

With Southampton staying up, I very much doubt Shaw would be leaving this summer. Staying there is clearly the best option for him, imo. He gets another full season in the PL instead of rotting on some bench.

Take age out of the equation - we are talking about building a squad to win the EPL next season...

You got 1 pick... Baines or Shaw - age doesn't matter in this hypothetical sense...

In that sense, neither. I'd just play Cole.

In that sense, neither. I'd just play Cole.

I actually think Ash has been poor this season and would prefer Baines, I like Shaw but he could be a flash in the pan, Baines has proved consistent year after year at LB

^ absolutely. Also think that Bertrand could do with a loan so we can assess PVA as the understudy to Cole.

Bertrand has played 150 games on loan, lack of experience is not his problem. Why take a player out who is already a part of the squad and replace him with s.o. who is not?

You cannot NOT take age into consideration when signing players. Elite prospect who's a legit PL starter at age of 17 is an easy choice over a 28 y/o especially when the position's not even our priority.

I actually think Ash has been poor this season and would prefer Baines, I like Shaw but he could be a flash in the pan, Baines has proved consistent year after year at LB

Cole is obviously not the player he once was and doesn't have the legs to make runs for 90 mins and help the attack, but defensively, I think he's still miles ahead of both. I'm actually surprised how well he's done consider he's been left exposed for most of the games by the lack of tracking by our wingers (but that's a long debate for another time). I believe that if you want to win a league, you need a back four that are solid defensively, especially the fullbacks. I was never on board with the notion of "modern" fullbacks that turn into wingers on the attack and leave the team exposed.

By the way, if we sign him this summer, I believe he can still qualify as club-trained because he's still 17. I'd say it's pretty significant considering the number of foreign players we keep buying. That's why I wouldn't mind Rooney and Shaw. We got some good English talents in our academy, but could still definitely use more English signings.

if Baines was to leave Everton...he'd probably follow Moyes to United.

And anyway, LB isn't that big an issue...if Cole does leave in 2014, give Bertrand a full season as our LB, see how he copes, then make a decision...

Cole is obviously not the player he once was and doesn't have the legs to make runs for 90 mins and help the attack, but defensively, I think he's still miles ahead of both. I'm actually surprised how well he's done consider he's been left exposed for most of the games by the lack of tracking by our wingers (but that's a long debate for another time). I believe that if you want to win a league, you need a back four that are solid defensively, especially the fullbacks. I was never on board with the notion of "modern" fullbacks that turn into wingers on the attack and leave the team exposed.

I'm in agreement with you that our fullbacks should be sound defensively and they certainly are. But united won the league with for me, two not good defenders at outside back. I thought evra was just really bad this year defensively, seemed only to care about getting forward. And Rafael for me was great the first half of the year but after that wasn't near as good.

So I do think you can win the league with fullbacks who aren't great defensively but I'm happy we have defenders who are

You look at the champion's league final this year, at the Ancelotti team that won the champion's league and they have "modern" fullbacks but you must have a good midfield, covering system, lots of practice for the timing of their runs, build-up play to open up the space for them.

in my opinion people rate bertrant here too high. he hasnt impressed me in all of his games. offensively he is really bad, defensively he is ok, but nothing more. he is a good back-up but nowhere near starting-material. he needs a lot to improve.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You