Eden Hazard

the wes

Sturridge will have to learn to play with his back to the goal before being able to play as a lone striker.

Hazard would be a great buy.

Yeah that is a concern and also he is not really good in the air. So i do wonder at times if he is better suited on the wings or as a striker.

But i think if he was a lone striker he would be more like a false 9, where he would drop back a lot and play to his strength. Kinda like a Messi role with Barca. So obviously he wouldn't be your conventional striker, and that may be a good thing.

I actually think Sturridge is more suited for the right wing as an inside forward. Think he's been improving there and I think his abilities (pace, power) could make him be world class playing as an inside forward, sort of like AVB's comment about Sturridge resemblance to Hulk. A combo of Hazard - Mata - Sturridge playing behind our striker should be very, very exciting. Of course Sturridge would be playing a little further up the field than the other two.

Yeah that is a concern and also he is not really good in the air. So i do wonder at times if he is better suited on the wings or as a striker.

But i think if he was a lone striker he would be more like a false 9, where he would drop back a lot and play to his strength. Kinda like a Messi role with Barca. So obviously he wouldn't be your conventional striker, and that may be a good thing.

I think he's best suited to a SS role behind a main striker, giving him the freedom to move around while since he's in a deeper role, he can turn to do the goal like he likes to do and just do his thing.

That is possible but that's one difficult role.. Impossible with the current squad (we don't have players who are constantly on the move and get behind the defence a lot) and the striker has to be able to hold on to the ball very well as well as posses very good passing ability.

Why? A lone striker doesn't have to play to his back to the goal to be successful...

Of course he does. A lone striker who doesn't know how to play well with his back to the goal only works in a counter-attacking system. But when playing possession football it's a must as you push the opposition back and don't get that space to run into. Therefore you have to pass the ball around to find and create that space and the striker has to contribute in this, which he can't do if he doesn't know how to play with his back to the goal effectively.

What Sturridge does a lot is receive the ball and immediately turns to face the goal.. and as the highest player up the pitch, that means you're facing at least three players of the opposition team in the middle of the park and not a single team mate in front of you (in most cases).

We need Hazard, Hulk, and a defensive midfielder in place of Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Mikel.

And hopefully we play 4-2-3-1

Midfield of a New Defensive Midfielder, Romeu, Meireless, Lampard, Josh, Ramirez

Forwards: Torres, Sturridge, Mata, Hulk, Hazard.

Would love to see us play the 4-2-3-1 system if we get Hazard.

1. Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

2. Romeu* - Lampard

3. Sturridge - Mata - Hazard

4. Torres

1. (They just need to get a bit more aggressive).

2. (Lampard starts to run a bit less than before, he would fit in an more CM/CDM, no doubt).

3. (Would, imo, be possibly the best creative midfield in Premier League).

4. (Get him some games, he will improve. If not, throw him away).

Romeu* could be replaced by Modric if we got the money to buy both Hazard and Modric.

Trying to analyze Hazard in the match against CSKA Moskva, 26 minutes in too the game and I already have to say that I will be really disappointed if we are not even close to get him in June next year. He have already done more than Malouda would ever do in 1 game.

Highlights of Eden in the latest game against CSKA Moskva in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZG8ZpqHAQ

Hazard should never play CAM in his whole life. He is more similar to Aaron Lennon then a playmaker, he is an Aaron lennon with skill and an ability to produce. Mata should play behind the striker with Hazard and Sturridge flanking !

Yeah my aunt is my uncle minus the nuts.

Players like Hazard can't be boxed into a set position, they are a rare breed of guys who perform best when allowed free reign to move about in the final third.

We need another playmaker to help mata and you could say studge to some extent. haha, but honestly we need someone that can beat a man, like nani or bale, just somebody of that caliber. mata you could say could beat a man but what about on the other flank....................................................thats what i thought. tthough hazard doen'tseem to be my liking i'd perfer a stevan jovetic. but just anobody would fit the bill right now!!!!