test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

Honest mistake, English is not my first language and it was the first expression that came to mind, I didn't give much thought to the wording. I'd be happy to keep both as squad players, but with our ambitions they shouldn't be automatic starters imo. It's clear to see what both bring to the team or we wouldn't be leaders, but there are some critical aspects in which both are lacking that limits our ceiling at a certain height, but we need to go higher if that makes sense.

That's more than fair fair enough, and it makes perfect sense to me. If we're in the CL next season and are making a serious effort to be genuinely competitive, certain improvements will probably have to be made to the starting 11; Matic, Cahill, and possibly one of either Moses or Alonso are the players who appear most vulnerable at the moment.

That being said, we can only reach a certain level of overall squad depth and quality before we risk harming squad unity. I think that Willian, Cahill, and Moses/Alonso would all be fine with 'expanded squad roles' next season (the season after that, I'm not so sure), but Fabregas and Matic are the two that I can see leaving under these circumstances. Pedro could also be a worry if we strengthen the forward line, as he didn't leave the club he loves (Barcelona) to find himself with the same squad role that he already had (despite the form he's been in this season, he's almost certain to be the man to lose-out if someone new and 'shiny' arrives and Hazard+Costa are retained).

manpe likes this

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

No it's not, very rarely does he have a major bad game, most of his "bad games" still involve him creating chances and serious inroads for teammates, like at Anfield, five times at least he created strong attacking situations for the team which the teammates (particularly Moses) screwed up.

But hey this is the new generation in football so unless you are doing 40 stepovers and shooting 20 times a games to score once or twice you are shit.

I have never said he is shit :D My point is he is not on the level he is/was supposed to be.

He's a good player. Class player. A good player for us who will be difficult to replace but he is NOT world class. If Real eye him to replace CR7 on the left, well good luck because Hazard is and will never be on that guy's level. 

6 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I have never said he is shit :D My point is he is not on the level he is/was supposed to be.

That was more in jest, but what level was that? The only level up to what he currently is is Messi/Ronaldo level.

A winger who gets to teens in goals every season (last year aside) and creates numerous inroads in a game is gold dust, I dread to think this team without him, we would hit 10/11 levels of lack of creativity.

Blue Armour likes this

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That was more in jest, but what level was that? The only level up to what he currently is is Messi/Ronaldo level.

A winger who gets to teens in goals every season (last year aside) and creates numerous inroads in a game is gold dust, I dread to think this team without him, we would hit 10/11 levels of lack of creativity.

He has been a bit disappointing you have to admit.

15 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

If Real eye him to replace CR7 on the left, well good luck because Hazard is and will never be on that guy's level. 

Who is or will be?

1 hour ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Amazing that people still don't understand that Chelsea has issues in the midfield that kill the ability to properly use Hazard not to mention there is a distinct lack of quality in terms of creativity and technique all around the pitch. 

Hazard is is human he has bad games, but he's not getting the help he needs.

Yeah more quality in his position may help also , hopefully next season Conte sorts that issue out and gives Hazard the number 10 role 

2 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Amazing that people still don't understand that Chelsea has issues in the midfield that kill the ability to properly use Hazard not to mention there is a distinct lack of quality in terms of creativity and technique all around the pitch. 

When costa was in great form in the first half of the season, winning us games single handedly(Westham, Watford, Swansea, mancity, westbrom etc), hazard didn't have much attention on him. But Costa has lost form since the China problem and hazard has had only 2 or 3 great games in 2017 as a result. Too much attention is on Hazard because costa isn't carrying attention from defenders like before. 

Hazard isn't a machine, so I don't expect his dribbling to be on in every single match. What he needs to do is add variety to his game, so that when the dribbles isn't working, he can contribute with movement off the ball like Pedro and getting in goalscoring positions and avoid not touching the ball for long periods in a match. 

FabHazard and the wes like this

3 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Spot on. We are not helping him at all by having Alonso and Matic as the closest players to him and benching Fabregas. Good workhorses and defenders, below par attacking intelligence and/or technical ability to effectively combine with Eden. And as you said, this problem is all over the field. Expecting him to do everything alone is one-man-team a la Liverpool mentality. Hazard has proved he can win alone when conditions are right for him to perform like that, but with proper teammates it would be much more consistent and responsibility to create something more divided across the pitch. I expect this issue to be solved in the summer.

dimmas likes this

12 hours ago, Kieran. said:

He has been a bit disappointing you have to admit.

At Wolves? Absolutely.

In general over the course of the season? No.

I've read people stating that Hazard is a Muslim and the reason for dips in form is due to fasting. I can't find a single source that states that he even is a Muslim. I've read reports that bloody Lionel Messi is a Mulism, despite having a Catholic cathedral tattooed over half of his body.

21 hours ago, manpe said:

Spot on. We are not helping him at all by having Alonso and Matic as the closest players to him and benching Fabregas. Good workhorses and defenders, below par attacking intelligence and/or technical ability to effectively combine with Eden.

Exactly.

And to make it worse, behind matic and alonso is cahill !. Which relatively slow and he isnt very good to build up from the back.

Cahill need so much protection from matic or alonso to position more close to him. Another reason why our left area is poor and that is really obvious in certain match

It sad to watch week in week out hazard surround by limited player. So we have to accept, we barely see excellent and dangerous combination from our left area.

Even though need to mention, for some games hazard also frustating player. He looks lacking consistency on desire, or determination. It likes he only playing well if he only wants it but on another game sometimes he looks didnt give a fuck at all. 

Unionjack likes this

On 21/02/2017 at 9:06 AM, kellzfresh said:

When costa was in great form in the first half of the season, winning us games single handedly(Westham, Watford, Swansea, mancity, westbrom etc), hazard didn't have much attention on him. But Costa has lost form since the China problem and hazard has had only 2 or 3 great games in 2017 as a result. Too much attention is on Hazard because costa isn't carrying attention from defenders like before. 

Hazard isn't a machine, so I don't expect his dribbling to be on in every single match. What he needs to do is add variety to his game, so that when the dribbles isn't working, he can contribute with movement off the ball like Pedro and getting in goalscoring positions and avoid not touching the ball for long periods in a match. 

Yes I agree but theres times that we need to look to our best players to step up and take the lead and theres been quite a few times lately where we cant do that with Eden or Diego.

On 21/02/2017 at 9:35 AM, manpe said:

Spot on. We are not helping him at all by having Alonso and Matic as the closest players to him and benching Fabregas. Good workhorses and defenders, below par attacking intelligence and/or technical ability to effectively combine with Eden. And as you said, this problem is all over the field. Expecting him to do everything alone is one-man-team a la Liverpool mentality. Hazard has proved he can win alone when conditions are right for him to perform like that, but with proper teammates it would be much more consistent and responsibility to create something more divided across the pitch. I expect this issue to be solved in the summer.

And this goes to a big reason why 2 of our our front 3 are left out of the game alot. We do seem to use the right side thru Moses to get the ball up front. Pedro goes outside of him taking a defender and theres ony 2 defenders in the box IF his cross gets thru

But as you say I would hope that the lack of any real creativity will be sorted.

The RM links just dont stop do they!

Eden got some fresh ink yesterday. The red rose from the badge. Is he showing his love for us or maybe its a going away reminder of us. I reckon its the 1st (and his tat artist reckons so too lol).but either way I hope it brings his swagger back

Eden Hazard drops huge hint over his future club for next season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4250866/Eden-Hazard-enjoys-four-hour-tattoo-session.html

buffalo likes this

Wonderful peformance. This is kind of performance i expect from hazard. Not too much relax or laid back in mayority of the match. Today he tried a lot more than just one two and his movement and desire also really good.

Today he is really joyful to watch

Dribbled more, much better today. He didn't allow himself to not touch the ball for long periods. 

Just needs to shoot more to get back to his early season form 

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Just needs to shoot more to get back to his early season form 

The problem I find with hazard he trys to walk the the ball into the net instead of shooting when he finds himself in a good shooting position 

kellzfresh likes this

34 minutes ago, the wes said:

The problem I find with hazard he trys to walk the the ball into the net instead of shooting when he finds himself in a good shooting position 

It can be incredibly frustrating especially considering his world class ability to always dribble his way into great positions. 

But I was happy with how he was more aggressive in the second half. 

the wes likes this