Eden Hazard

the wes

That reads like a love letter. :lol:

I watched Madrid vs Barca earlier and couldn't help but think that a lot of the players people constantly compare Hazard to and/or suggest he's not at their level aren't half as good as they're made out to be. Hazard is better at a lot of things than most of these guys.

Pretty much.

It is actually funny how devoted you are to Mourinho, he is basically God to you. Not a single flaw with Jose, everything he touches turn to gold for you. Then if anyone got anything slightly negative to say about Jose they get shit from you.

Works both ways, I have seen Liverpool fans show Hodgson more respect than you at times show the best manager in the club's history.

That reads like a love letter. :lol:

I watched Madrid vs Barca earlier and couldn't help but think that a lot of the players people constantly compare Hazard to and/or suggest he's not at their level aren't half as good as they're made out to be. Hazard is better at a lot of things than most of these guys.

That's the grass is greener complex for you.

If we swap Hazard with James watch the same people who said Edens "not on his level" suddenly backtrack and say Edens the best after Ronaldo and Messi :lol:

Works both ways, I have seen Liverpool fans show Hodgson more respect than you at times show the best manager in the club's history.

Sorry I am ambitious and not happy with a point away from home against the very best teams around. Other then that I am perfectly happy with Jose.

(1) The stats I showed represent a singular season at Lille, the other two were at Chelsea in the EPL. I've already made the point that Di Maria took the set-pieces for Real Madrid and his "assist" stat was bloated because of that and the fact that he's feeding bloody Cristiano Ronaldo.

(2) I've already gone through this with you many times, dear. You're the one making Hazard sound like Nani not me. You've become so critical of him that it blurs the reality of the player he is.. Case in point.

You said he performed mostly in spurts, for a couple of months last season. Hazard started last season slowly and then began to really perform in late October to Mid/late March and got injured against PSG. That's majority of the season, dear and barring the injury, his form would most likely have lasted till May.

Compare that to Bale who won a player of the year award in 2012 for literally, yes literally for preforming half as season, from January to May. You said "Hazard didn't score in open play from Febuary last season to the end of it". In case you didn't notice, Hazard was not our bloody striker, our strikers refused to score goals, Hazard has ALWAYS been a creator first before a goal-scorer, it's to his detriment a little because his shooting technique and shooting power isn't exceptional.

Luis Suarez who was amazing last season and is a striker went on a barren run for a month or so where he didn't score a goal. Rooney was similar when he won the award in 2010.

Do you realize how DIFFICULT it is for an attacking player to be "exceptional" for the entirety of a season? The only players doing it nowadays are Messi and Ronaldo and even they have off days. The standards you've set for him are rather excessive. No reasonable person will do that to a 23 year old.

(3) If you watched him, then you won't have called him a goal scorer which is a ludicrous claim. You'll also know he was inconsistent by the exact same insane standards you judge Hazard by.

"that has yet exploded" ------- Depends on what you mean by exploded. He's been in the PL team of the year back to back (who was the last player to do that in a new league), won YPOTY and was 2nd behind Luis Suarez for POTY all in two seasons. This was voted by his fellow professionals and journalists. Amazing how the inconsistent player keeps receiving such accolades. I think he's been exceptional. Better than I could have imagined and can get better.

"with a lot of inconsistent throughout his two seasons". ----------- I'm sorry but if you really feel that way, then I can't help you.

I hope you one day return to judging Hazard like you do every other player. If you're a fan of his like you say you are, then you should.

As you love stats, provide me one (from a reliable source) saying how many of AdM assists came from set pieces if most of their set pieces were taken by Ozil, Ronaldo, and even Alonso. I won't be surprised by the number you may find out, but you certainly will. Angel took set pieces there, but he was 3rd or 4th in the pecking order between corners and free kicks. Now who's talking about a team they haven't watched?

Where have I ever said Hazard performed 'for a couple of months last season.'? I thought wording the phrase 'long periods of being outstanding' actually gave the idea of long periods, not exactly two months.

What I call explode is a guy that wins matches week in and out for a team, like Suarez did for Liverpool last season. I think a lot of people on this forum turned Hazard's potential as something he already achieved. I'm not even slightly implying or saying he hasn't been great, but he hasn't exploded yet imo, one of the reasons for that is consistency and another is lacking that killer instinct. He's in route of making huge progress on both fronts so far this season. If he keeps it up for most of the season, diminishing his quieter moments from months to weeks, I'll call it amazing progress (he's been quiet from November-february in his first season here after a meteoric start and then unplayable from late February-March til the end of the season; on his second season he had a slow start, blossomed around november and carried it on until early March, then he slowly went quieter and quieter).

I love Eden Hazard, I wouldn't trade him for di María or any other player in the world. I like him just the way he is. That doesn't mean my feelings for him will cloud my judgment and make me look at him and see in the present time the player he one day is going to be (hopefully)t. He's been amazing, but he isn't anywhere close to fulfilling his full potential (and that's not me underrating him, quite the opposite, if he's been this good without being even close to fulfill his potential, the sky is the limit for when he's on his peak). You call him 'future Ballon d'Or winner' as if such a thing existed. You're using his unbelievable potential, the flashes of what he's already showed here and at Lille to label what he is now. Let's have a Ballon d'Or winner label on him when he makes the top 3 voting and actually has a chance of winning it. Until then calling him a future Ballon d'Or winner is empty words that actually mean nothing about his present.

At present time, no Hazard, imo, hasn't exploded, not even close. Look at Robben - a player with similar qualities (although Eden has potential to be better imo) and try to point out the moment he really exploded. Was it here? When he played in Spain? In Germany. Pinpoint that moment and compare (as you seem to love to compare players) to what Hazard effectively does now. Maybe then you'll understand what I meant. A guy who's exploded is a guy who decide the big matches, a guy who baits the team out of the jail every time (or most times) his team seem to fail to find a way to win or even draw a match (although I do think Robben had choker moments during his career). That's a guy who's exploded, a guy who took it to the next level. Someone who also did that was Ribery. I expect Hazard to become that guy and he's been great for us so far, but he's not there yet imo.

The one who's being unreasonable about their expectations on a 23-player is you comparing him to players on their peak. I didn't compare. I didn't label him (and it does put pressure on a player) as a future Ballon d'Or winner. I didn't look at him and see the best thing since sliced bread at present time. I'm giving him plenty of time to develop. I said a few times in this thread during this season that I'm seeing progress compared to last season, that I can finally see him being fired up, showing tenacity, improving his approach of matches. I look at him and I see a work in progress. You look at him and see him just under Messi and Ronaldo. Sorry, he isn't there yet. If he was he would have led the team to the title last season, he would have made some magic and won us the matches we lost and drew in EPL when we were in the title run in. You know why he didn't? Because he's only 23, because it's not fair to ask him to do it when a lot of other players didn't either. But that's what Ribery, Robben, Suarez, Ibrahimovic and even Costa did last season or in recent seasons. That's explode imo. Diego Costa was already a good striker two seasons ago, but he exploded last season and was a vital part for Atletico winning La Liga and making an UCL final. He's carrying on that form here at Chelsea, with his incredible goal scoring record so far. That's a player that in my opinion has already exploded because he can do it consistently throughout the whole season even having a few bad matches. As I said I expect to see Hazard's quiet spells reduced to weeks instead of months - which means I'm 'allowing' him to have a spell of 2-3 weeks or even more being quiet instead of a couple of months.

You made a lot of assumptions based on very vague words that were meant to be general in my first couple of posts. Then YOU made it up in your head that I made Hazard look like Nani when THIS is the first post I fully assessed Hazard as a player. until then I was just refuting di Maria as flavor of the month, the idea that if someone thinks he's a better player as it stands in the present, they are crazy, and I also implied in the last post that I think Hazard isn't anywhere near where I think he will be one day. How you translated that into him being a Nani, or me overly criticizing him it's anyone's guesses. But that's the problem in this forum anyway. One single criticism (if you can even call what I said criticism) towards Hazard is a capital crime and we're over criticizing him as you just said I am. I only said he's been inconsistent and that your stats were unfair to make a comparison as many other things should be taken in consideration. Send the cops to get me in jail.

I'll repeat one more time, just so maybe you can absorb it, if I had to choose between Hazard and any other player in the world. If any other player in the world would be swapped for Hazard, I would say no to each and every one of them. There's no other player I'd rather have here and as I love Chelsea and I want the best for my club. I think that's testament enough of where I stand about Hazard and what my feelings about him are. Sorry if I'm not a blind biased fan with tinted glass over my blind eyes that could refuse to worship him 24x7. I can 'criticize' my club, my manager, my players if I think it's constructive or my perception of the reality, it doesn't mean I'm making them look the the crap that goes by the name of Nani.

edit: I once broke down his goals, assists and chances created month by month last season - yeah, I had the work to do that. Go find the post in this very thread and see that the goals was just a reflection. He decreased substantially the number of chances created, barely assisted and only scored from penalties. Or go yourself to Squawka and open every single match on from March on and see how his score (rate), chances created, successful take ons and any other shit you want faded slowly until he was finally injured. As you love stats, I'm sure you'll have a great time doing that.

Sorry I am ambitious and not happy with a point away from home against the very best teams around. Other then that I am perfectly happy with Jose.

You aren't ambitious, you are just a f....sorry, I'll get banned otherwise. You are constantly provoking concerning Mourinho, I hope you somehow get no access to this forum any more.

As you love stats, provide me one (from a reliable source) saying how many of AdM assists came from set pieces if most of their set pieces were taken by Ozil, Ronaldo, and even Alonso. I won't be surprised by the number you may find out, but you certainly will. Angel took set pieces there, but he was 3rd or 4th in the pecking order between corners and free kicks. Now who's talking about a team they haven't watched?

Where have I ever said Hazard performed 'for a couple of months last season.'? I thought wording the phrase 'long periods of being outstanding' actually gave the idea of long periods, not exactly two months.

What I call explode is a guy that wins matches week in and out for a team, like Suarez did for Liverpool last season. I think a lot of people on this forum turned Hazard's potential as something he already achieved. I'm not even slightly implying or saying he hasn't been great, but he hasn't exploded yet imo, one of the reasons for that is consistency and another is lacking that killer instinct. He's in route of making huge progress on both fronts so far this season. If he keeps it up for most of the season, diminishing his quieter moments from months to weeks, I'll call it amazing progress (he's been quiet from November-february in his first season here after a meteoric start and then unplayable from late February-March til the end of the season; on his second season he had a slow start, blossomed around november and carried it on until early March, then he slowly went quieter and quieter).

I love Eden Hazard, I wouldn't trade him for di María or any other player in the world. I like him just the way he is. That doesn't mean my feelings for him will cloud my judgment and make me look at him and see in the present time the player he one day is going to be (hopefully)t. He's been amazing, but he isn't anywhere close to fulfilling his full potential (and that's not me underrating him, quite the opposite, if he's been this good without being even close to fulfill his potential, the sky is the limit for when he's on his peak). You call him 'future Ballon d'Or winner' as if such a thing existed. You're using his unbelievable potential, the flashes of what he's already showed here and at Lille to label what he is now. Let's have a Ballon d'Or winner label on him when he makes the top 3 voting and actually has a chance of winning it. Until then calling him a future Ballon d'Or winner is empty words that actually mean nothing about his present.

At present time, no Hazard, imo, hasn't exploded, not even close. Look at Robben - a player with similar qualities (although Eden has potential to be better imo) and try to point out the moment he really exploded. Was it here? When he played in Spain? In Germany. Pinpoint that moment and compare (as you seem to love to compare players) to what Hazard effectively does now. Maybe then you'll understand what I meant. A guy who's exploded is a guy who decide the big matches, a guy who baits the team out of the jail every time (or most times) his team seem to fail to find a way to win or even draw a match (although I do think Robben had choker moments during his career). That's a guy who's exploded, a guy who took it to the next level. Someone who also did that was Ribery. I expect Hazard to become that guy and he's been great for us so far, but he's not there yet imo.

The one who's being unreasonable about their expectations on a 23-player is you comparing him to players on their peak. I didn't compare. I didn't label him (and it does put pressure on a player) as a future Ballon d'Or winner. I didn't look at him and see the best thing since sliced bread at present time. I'm giving him plenty of time to develop. I said a few times in this thread during this season that I'm seeing progress compared to last season, that I can finally see him being fired up, showing tenacity, improving his approach of matches. I look at him and I see a work in progress. You look at him and see him just under Messi and Ronaldo. Sorry, he isn't there yet. If he was he would have led the team to the title last season, he would have made some magic and won us the matches we lost and drew in EPL when we were in the title run in. You know why he didn't? Because he's only 23, because it's not fair to ask him to do it when a lot of other players didn't either. But that's what Ribery, Robben, Suarez, Ibrahimovic and even Costa did last season or in recent seasons. That's explode imo. Diego Costa was already a good striker two seasons ago, but he exploded last season and was a vital part for Atletico winning La Liga and making an UCL final. He's carrying on that form here at Chelsea, with his incredible goal scoring record so far. That's a player that in my opinion has already exploded because he can do it consistently throughout the whole season even having a few bad matches. As I said I expect to see Hazard's quiet spells reduced to weeks instead of months - which means I'm 'allowing' him to have a spell of 2-3 weeks or even more being quiet instead of a couple of months.

You made a lot of assumptions based on very vague words that were meant to be general in my first couple of posts. Then YOU made it up in your head that I made Hazard look like Nani when THIS is the first post I fully assessed Hazard as a player. until then I was just refuting di Maria as flavor of the month, the idea that if someone thinks he's a better player as it stands in the present, they are crazy, and I also implied in the last post that I think Hazard isn't anywhere near where I think he will be one day. How you translated that into him being a Nani, or me overly criticizing him it's anyone's guesses. But that's the problem in this forum anyway. One single criticism (if you can even call what I said criticism) towards Hazard is a capital crime and we're over criticizing him as you just said I am. I only said he's been inconsistent and that your stats were unfair to make a comparison as many other things should be taken in consideration. Send the cops to get me in jail.

I'll repeat one more time, just so maybe you can absorb it, if I had to choose between Hazard and any other player in the world. If any other player in the world would be swapped for Hazard, I would say no to each and every one of them. There's no other player I'd rather have here and as I love Chelsea and I want the best for my club. I think that's testament enough of where I stand about Hazard and what my feelings about him are. Sorry if I'm not a blind biased fan with tinted glass over my blind eyes that could refuse to worship him 24x7. I can 'criticize' my club, my manager, my players if I think it's constructive or my perception of the reality, it doesn't mean I'm making them look the the crap that goes by the name of Nani.

edit: I once broke down his goals, assists and chances created month by month last season - yeah, I had the work to do that. Go find the post in this very thread and see that the goals was just a reflection. He decreased substantially the number of chances created, barely assisted and only scored from penalties. Or go yourself to Squawka and open every single match on from March on and see how his score (rate), chances created, successful take ons and any other shit you want faded slowly until he was finally injured. As you love stats, I'm sure you'll have a great time doing that.

Eden Hazard: Potential Fulfilled? A Novel by Barbara.

[emoji23] [emoji24] [emoji14]

How can he have such great technique finishing penalties, yet in open play.. it seems a different story most of the time.

Hazard hitting it straight at De Gea in a one-on-one, so frustrating, easiest save he's ever had to make.

he did beautifully to get in that position, and fucked it up. Played great, just lacked end product.

How can he have such great technique finishing penalties, yet in open play.. it seems a different story most of the time.

Hazard hitting it straight at De Gea in a one-on-one, so frustrating, easiest save he's ever had to make.

His touch after the pass by Drogba was perfect. Absolutely perfect. But then he doesn't bury it... I was so mad.