Eden Hazard

the wes

Not that bad :clown: You could tell from minute 1 that Hazard was hungry for goals tonight and rightly so, he's been too unlucky this season. He did something he normally doesn't do enough of which was making runs into the box. You tend to score more when you do that. We have a really, really special players on our hands guys. An absolute joy to watch him play for us. :getin:

Lack of experience, tactical flexibility, and poor decision making. Yes, he's gotten results, but that's because a lot of these players are just that good. He's an average coach, if Belgium want to do anything like win the Euro's or Confederations Cup, they'll have to reevaluate their staff. Starting with Wilmots.

Maybe we should pay 4 million to get Louis Van Gaal. I heard he's a tactical genius.

Wilmots may not be a mastermind, but he's not bad at all. We've lost one competitive match in two years and it was the World Cup Quarterfinal. Belgium is a good team, but there are other good ones. It was our first big tournament in 12 years. We'll see what happens in two. There's already a difference in playing style noticable. Much more position changes, more movement. He's not blind. I give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, the Belgian board doesn't have the budget to attract "geniuses" like Capello, who was earning 7 million a year in Russia (wasn't he)? Wilmots makes 600.000 euros. Try getting a better coach on that budget

And to people saying we should "definitely" get to the European final. Ffs. It's not that we're the only decent team around. Let's say Germany is the best team at the moment. Then you have Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland, even England: all of these could beat each other if they are having a good day. No one should "definitely" get to the finals. Form, luck, a good draw, all these factors matter.

I know I'm going to sound crazy to some/most - I'm gonna go with most - but Hazard should've done better. I'm serious. He should've annihilated them. But that final ball, that final move, the 'kill' as Mourinho calls it, was lacking. And you could tell by his reactions throughout the game, he knew he should've done more. Look at his reaction after he scored his first goal. He was probably thinking, ... another penalty.

He finally got a goal at the end though, that made it a bit better. So, very strong performance overall, but it could've been a very, very memorable one.

I think it's okay to acknowledge it. He probably acknowledged it himself. He was absolutely unplayable today and unstoppable. I'll patiently wait for the kill instinct to be groomed on him. He could do better with some chances to score - and it has nothing to do with being a Ronaldo-like kind of player or not. He should have scored at the very least two more goals from open play.

While I do point it out - I think he was magnificent. The little details will come with time. I'm positive about it. There's no way he won't improve the kill instinct with Mourinho working so close to him and investing so much on him.

I couldn't help but think while watching Hazard yesterday: "if we had a Hazard physique with a Juan Mata brain and maybe plus 4 centimeters height..." In the bigger picture, I still think Chelsea can pass and move more quickly during some sequences in possession, but Hazard needs to fashion some better chances for himself and others regardless.

I'm very happy for Ake yesterday.

I couldn't help but think while watching Hazard yesterday: "if we had a Hazard physique with a Juan Mata brain and maybe plus 4 centimeters height..." In the bigger picture, I still think Chelsea can pass and move more quickly during some sequences in possession, but Hazard needs to fashion some better chances for himself and others regardless.

I don't know about the height. Probably if he was significantly taller it would affect his balance and dribbling, it's much easier to do it when you have a low center of gravity. That's how he can quickly change directions with explosive pace and still stand on his feet when knocked by defenders. His physique is very Messi-esque and it shows in his dribbling which resembles Messi's a lot with that close ball control and quick change of directions. Besides, if there's anyone on the pitch who can afford to be a bit on the shorter side of the spectrum are the wingers and attacking midfielders.

who can dribble like that is near 6ft?

Landrup? Ronaldo? Ronaldinho?

Also, hazard would have a cr7 body if he was 6ft and that would make him a totally different player... His massive lower body strength, combined with his low center of gravity allows him to be one of the best dribblers in the world...

He just tore Maribor a new one and he's still getting criticism. I don't know if it's because some of you are just negative in general or we simply have extremely high expectations of him. Koeman was full of praise of him said he's as good as Neymar and Suarez while Glenn Hoddle was also waxing lyrical about his ability.

Lee Dixon insinuated Hazard was selfish post match in the ITV Studio last night which actually brought a tear to my eye. Hope he see some more of that greediness against United this weekend. Even Steve Clarke said he needs to take matters into his own hands more.

I think Jose's "talks" with him are slowly starting to sink in. Players like Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Messi etc were born with a killer mentality while it seems Hazard needs to have it coached in him.

He made more of an effort to get into the box yesterday and those trademark runs were ending in shots. That said though, the two opportunities he passed up pissed me off. The fail dragback after the 1-2 with Drogba and the lack of anticipation before the OG. It's all very well saying "at least he's getting more chances to score" but frankly, he needs to be burying those. Should have got his first CL hat-trick yesterday.