Eden Hazard

the wes

Hail to the new self-elected King Know-It-All of Football!

... This 'll be Hazard's problem for the whole of his career. Fans who genuinely enjoy a game of football will love him because they see & appreciate how glorious his touches are. Fans who are just about the results and the stats dislike him because they feel all of his "nice football" leads to too little. I'm happy to be in the first group.

If you think about it, it's actually the same discussion as Lukaku's but then the other way around. Fans from the first group dislike Lukaku because of the ugly technique. Fans from the 2nd group love him because of his great goalscoring record.

Yes. That's call differing opinions, which we all have. So why insult me? lol. You could have just said that without lowering yourself.

He's a very good player. But Reus, Ribery (at least pre-Guardiola) and other players in his position are great players.

I don't care how many dribbles Hazard can make in a game. Dribbling never made a footballer great. Being a game winner consistently is what makes a player great, or being a game saver. Anything else and you're just another player making up the 11, not a Ballon D'or winner.

Apparently it's difficult to see the difference between very good performances and exceptional performances, for some.

So his dribble against Arsenal to win a penalty when we weren't looking great and creating next to nothing until the point not game winning?

His run to assist Schurlle against City should have been a game winner moment.

And are you basing him not being great on not scoring THAT much? that isn't his type of game, he is a winger, Bergkamp had a poor scoring record as a striker but would you argue he is one of the best players of his generation?

He's a very good player. But Reus, Ribery (at least pre-Guardiola) and other players in his position are great players.

I don't care how many dribbles Hazard can make in a game. Dribbling never made a footballer great. Being a game winner consistently is what makes a player great, or being a game saver. Anything else and you're just another player making up the 11, not a Ballon D'or winner.

Apparently it's difficult to see the difference between very good performances and exceptional performances, for some.

If you continue to use Ribery as your example of EXCEPTIONAL ,, well ........

I am happier we have Hazard than him .

He was shit today, made no impact after he came off the bench.

:Goober:

Yeah, really terrible. He needs to shoot more. He needs to be more selfish. He needs to be more decisive. Why does he hold on to the ball for too long. Why does he have such a big ass?

He really needs to be more like (Neymar, Bale, Reus, Robben, Di Maria, Gotze.........................) He's just a shite Aaron Lennon.

Yeah, really terrible. He needs to shoot more. He needs to be more selfish. He needs to be more decisive. Why does he hold on to the ball for too long. Why does he have such a big ass?

He really needs to be more like (Neymar, Bale, Reus, Robben, Di Maria, Gotze.........................) He's just a shite Aaron Lennon.

My girlfriend seems to like his arse a lot. She talks about it often. And Brana's too. As long as it's not JT I think I'm alright ;P.

So his dribble against Arsenal to win a penalty when we weren't looking great and creating next to nothing until the point not game winning?

His run to assist Schurlle against City should have been a game winner moment.

And are you basing him not being great on not scoring THAT much? that isn't his type of game, he is a winger, Bergkamp had a poor scoring record as a striker but would you argue he is one of the best players of his generation?

Give the game a chance to flow, we were just 25 mins in. I don't think your point is a valid one because you've ignored or misread what I said. I said that he's a very good player, not exceptional, as he's not a consistent game winner. Which he isn't. If he was a consistent game winner, not a sporadic game winner whose feet are cold half the time, there would be no discussion here, and the people who think he's 'exceptionable' wouldn't be able to highlight just one, two or three games a season where he's the one who wins the game with an outstanding performance (or an outstanding run, followed by a game of missed chances, sometimes with a goal in the dying minutes as a cherry on top to strengthen an already comfortable position.) An exceptionable player speaks for himself and leaves very little for debate.

At no point until now have i alluded to Hazard not being the most important member of this team, nor at any point have i said he's shit or overrated. At no point did I say i expected Ronaldo numbers either. So no.

What I was alluding to was the fact that he's been so over-hyped by blue tinted glasses & clueless commentators who cum over every rabona.

"The goals will come!!!!!" I read, read and read again. Well, they haven't seem to come yet still, and on evidence they won't be coming, not prolifically anyway like it kept being stressed he had the potential in him to display.

Anyway, i'll stick to my guns even more-so now after that article not very far above was posted explaining that yes, he indeed isn't a goalscorer.

The article literally admits that people had higher hopes for him, he often couldn't reach them, and thus we've settled for him being a 'creative' player explicitly, as if you can't be creative and a goalscorer. :ph34r:

"The goals will come!!!!!" I read, read and read again. Well, they haven't seem to come yet still, and on evidence they won't be coming, not prolifically anyway like it kept being stressed he had the potential in him to display.

For a guy who 'doesn't know how to score goals, how to win games or be consinstent', I think the below stats over his 227 professional appearances are pretty impressive:

- 62 goals

- 60 assists

- 40 MOTM awards

- 7.54 average rating

If you don't believe my word for it:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404/History/Eden-Hazard

Not quite like your favorite player Emile Heskey yet, but coming close isn't he?

Give the game a chance to flow, we were just 25 mins in. I don't think your point is a valid one because you've ignored or misread what I said. I said that he's a very good player, not exceptional, as he's not a consistent game winner. Which he isn't. If he was a consistent game winner, not a sporadic game winner whose feet are cold half the time, there would be no discussion here, and the people who think he's 'exceptionable' wouldn't be able to highlight just one, two or three games a season where he's the one who wins the game with an outstanding performance (or an outstanding run, followed by a game of missed chances, sometimes with a goal in the dying minutes as a cherry on top to strengthen an already comfortable position.) An exceptionable player speaks for himself and leaves very little for debate.

At no point until now have i alluded to Hazard not being the most important member of this time, nor at any point have i said he's shit or overrated. At no point did I say i expected Ronaldo numbers either. So no.

What I was alluding to was the fact that he's been so over-hyped by blue tinted glasses & clueless commentators who cum over every rabona.

Anyway, i'll stick to my guns even more-so now after that article not very far above was posted explaining that yes, he indeed isn't a goalscorer.

The article literally admits that people had higher hopes for him, he often couldn't reach them, and thus we've settled for him being a 'creative' player explicitly, as if you can't be creative and a goalscorer. :ph34r:

The guy is 23 years old, if you already gave up on him being a consistent goalscorer/ matchwinner then perhaps you are the one that need abit more blue tinted glasses.