test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

8,443 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Robchels said:

I know this makes sense to most, but does not reflect reality.

once a player reaches a status in world football, like it or not luiz has, you tell him he isn’t part of your plans as a manager and he is calling his agent. This will happen with any player! Yes guys like kante would not force an immediate move, but he’d do so in the next window.

It is a very bold choice by frank and reckon, like others said, as much about locker room than anything else. Fair enough to him, but there will be a cost this season because of the situation we are in. Just think the club, and frank, overrated zouma.

lets face it

we more than likely really fucked up

and I am so not a huge Luiz fan

Everton were DESPERATE for Zouma

we could have gotten damn near close to £40m for him, £35m minimum

Luiz would have stayed (he did after all just sign a new 2 year contract)

and I would be feeling so so much better about our CB's plus we would have another big pile of cash in the bank for next summer

if Zouma has a disasterclass year

his value drops by £20m or so (from that £40m figure)

whole thing is fucking so strange

it is the only bad move we made all summer IMHO

Robchels likes this

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

lets face it

we more than likely really fucked up

and I am so not a huge Luiz fan

Everton were DESPERATE for Zouma

we could have gotten damn near close to £40m for him, £35m minimum

Luiz would have stayed (he did after all just sign a new 2 year contract)

and I would be feeling so so much better about our CB's plus we would have another big pile of cash in the bank for next summer

if Zouma has a disasterclass year

his value drops by £20m or so (from that £40m figure)

whole thing is fucking so strange

it is the only bad move we made all summer IMHO

Too early to call.

Maybe Zouma bounces back. After one bad game he still should be goven the benefit of the doubt. 

Also I dont think the decisions to sell Dl and keep Zouma were conditional on each other. I expect Rüdiger and Christensen to be our cb pairing. 

Vesper likes this

Glad he's gone. If he'd have played on Sunday he'd probably have started an argument with Zouma for conceding the penalty, had a pop at the fans, then ended up getting murdered by Rashford and Martial on the counter before an inevitable red card. He's shown his true colours.