Nathan Aké

James

It happened when the team came under pressure in the second half and the game looked like running away from us. It's normal with his age and lack of experience. Anxiety kicked in and his passing became sloppy and he got turned too easily a couple of times and he started chasing the ball way out of position. Rafa should have taken him off, imo.

Yeah, agree that he should have been subbed. I don't think the last few minutes did anything for his confidence.

Because a central defender should be able to handle a 5'6 player.

It wasn't his man to pick up. Mikel saw him and should have marked him but didn't, yet Ake still managed to get closer to him when the ball was put in despite being 5 yards furthers away from him.

Ake had a good game, although the statistics probably make it sound more impressive than it was. We lost all shape the moment Rami went off and Ake looked to tire a little bit. Still a massively impressive turn from the lad though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really impress with this guy, he is quite young but smart positioned on the pitch. I think he must to have minutes on the first team, we have a rough diamond, let's take advantage of it.

I'm really impress with this guy, he is quite young but smart positioned on the pitch. I think he must to have minutes on the first team, we have a rough diamond, let's take advantage of it.

I deleted the other thread, mate, but please use the search option before starting a new thread in the future :)

Have you seen anything from Aké on the international scence? How does he fair in the Jong Oranje?

Just seen that I forgot to reply to this!

Nathan has a good shot at making the first team soon if his development continues at this rapid pace, seeing as our national team is going under massive changes, especially at the back. He's played a few games for us this season so he definitely has the spotlight on him now from our coaches.

He's always been ahead of his age group at the international scene; breaking through to the U17 at around 15/16 and making the U19 at the age of 16. He's currently the captain for the U19, and has also lifted the U17 European Championships trophy, captaining the side to the feat after they beat Germany IIRC on penalties.

Defensively, the only thing he has against him tbh is his height but I think he'll make a fine player a bit further forward in let's say a holding role. He's a bigger talent than Bruma, a lot more intelligent than him. He has a bright future if we manage him well.

He's always been ahead of his age group at the international scene; breaking through to the U17 at around 15/16 and making the U19 at the age of 16. He's currently the captain for the U19, and has also lifted the U17 European Championships trophy, captaining the side to the feat after they beat Germany IIRC on penalties.

Completely right there. They may have been a bit lucky in the final against Germany IIRC, but that tournament was the first time I realized how big a talent Nathan is (though he was playing at CB).

Just seen that I forgot to reply to this!

Nathan has a good shot at making the first team soon if his development continues at this rapid pace, seeing as our national team is going under massive changes, especially at the back. He's played a few games for us this season so he definitely has the spotlight on him now from our coaches.

Defensively, the only thing he has against him tbh is his height but I think he'll make a fine player a bit further forward in let's say a holding role. He's a bigger talent than Bruma, a lot more intelligent than him. He has a bright future if we manage him well.

I believe is the sort of player that we are missing right now. Minute 70 approx of this last match he would have changed the match direction as sub. Hopefully next Manager will see the same that we see on him, if he doesn't we can go to his home at 4.00 a.m. and nock on the door to "advice" him. :rant:

• 3 weeks later...