Nathan Aké

James

• 7 months later...

Very glad he got his PL debut. He's one of the youngsters that I have very high hopes for. Here's what he said after the match:

"I was nervous when I was brought on. But it was 1-0, so I thought I should just do my job," Ake told the club's official website.
"The coach gave a few assignments and he told me to enjoy it. Afterwards the players congratulated me, this was very nice."
"Of course I'm now very happy and proud, but at the same time I realise that I need to keep working hard because this is just the beginning."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/27/3630642/ake-delighted-with-chelsea-debut?source=breakingnews

Very glad he got his PL debut. He's one of the youngsters that I have very high hopes for.

All I could judge from his performance was his awesome hair!

I did help to break the ice for when he really plays for the first time though...

All I could judge from his performance was his awesome hair!

I did help to break the ice for when he really plays for the first time though...

Nathan is the kind of player with the technical abilities and tactical awareness that can very rarely be found at his age. He was the captain of the dutch side that won the U17 Euros in the summer and one of the best players in the tournament (which is saying quite a lot consider the amount of talent that was present especially in the German team)

Nathan is the kind of player with the technical abilities and tactical awareness that you can't find at his age. He was the captain of the dutch side that won the U17 Euros in the summer and one of the best players in the tournament (which is saying quite a lot consider the amount of talent that was present especially in the German team)

If it can't be found at his age, how does he have it?

Nathan is the kind of player with the technical abilities and tactical awareness that can very rarely be found at his age. He was the captain of the dutch side that won the U17 Euros in the summer and one of the best players in the tournament (which is saying quite a lot consider the amount of talent that was present especially in the German team)

LOL

I know, but it was a sarcastic post (we definetly need an irony emoticon)!

Where do you guys think he'll eventually be played? When he first came to Chelsea he was tried LB, CM and CB but honed in at CB, and has since done very well. But recently this season he has been put back in CM, and once again, has done very well. Indeed he came on as a CM against Norwich.

He's a very good footballer and suits both positions. As you probably know, his style of play at youth level is ridiculously similar to Luiz. I rate Luiz as a defender and midfielder so the same for Aké. My only worry is that he is only 5"11, (I was surprised when I read this, he looks taller). He generally looks fine in the air at youth level. Some games was struggled in the air and others he's dominated. But it could be a different ball game at senior level, and he may need some adapting like Bruma. However I think he has a better chance of making it into a future Chelsea squad as a CB. But then I like him as a CM so we can call him the next Gullit (it's uncanny!).