Spike

5 minutes ago, kolovrat said:

Seems like a lie.  Can you provide a legit link to this story in People magazine?  Furthermore:

<snip>

And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “People looked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”

<snip>

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

But in 1999 Trump said in Wall Street Journal:

Trump, Wall Street Journal, Sept. 30, 1999: Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, I am considering a run for president. … Unlike candidates from the two major parties, my candidacy would not represent an exercise in career advancement. I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume. I am considering a run only because I am convinced the major parties have lost their way. The Republicans are captives of their right wing. The Democrats are captives of their left wing. I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the center.

i think its a lie, someone sent this to me, i tought it was true, i don´t have a legit link.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i think its a lie, someone sent this to me, i tought it was true, i don´t have a legit link.

This is the problem with having someone so polarizing. Stuff is thrown around and we have no idea what is right and what is a lie. The American media is quickly falling to the level of football journos.

26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

A business not baking a cake for a gay couple. 

Eventually it will also come to church level. If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple. 

In the cake case, I agree that the cake maker should have been able to say that they will not bake the cake because it is an inflammatory statement, and that's something they shouldn't put on a cake. If I were them, I would have said that I will not put inflammatory comments on the cake, but would be happy to make a blank cake for them to do whatever they want with.

As far as churches, they should never be forced to marry a couple they don't want to and I doubt they ever will. That's what the first amendment guarantees. The government can't interfere with religious functions. It's fairly early days for the whole country, but some states have had legal same-sex marriage for years and no church has ever been forced to conduct a marriage ceremony for same sex couples.

In the last year, I feel that I've grown a lot in maturity when it comes to politics. I love reading viewpoints on both sides of the coin. I try to be the most neutral and unbiased man I can, so I can have the most learned and knowledgeable view point. I have several conservative journals that I frequent (Canadian Rebel Media, [Dave] Rubin Report, and American Daily Wire), but I struggle with finding an news source on the left that isn't blatantly biased.  Of course the three I listed have their biases but everything does and compared to journals like Huffington Post, Fox News, MSNBC, nearly everything Australian, CNN, Breitbart, InfoWars etc; they are relatively unbiased. Does anyone have suggestions, most journals are just echo-chambers that only serve their own agenda. It is tiring being told that as an immigrant I should fear Trump, but also as a white man I should be ashamed of myself. I don't want to be told what to believe, I want to be presented with facts to make my own opinion. 

If we have to use labels, personally, just a few years ago I would describe myself a hard-leftie. Welfare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, feminism, the whole nine yards before it became the 'cool thing to be'. Upon reflection I have discovered many things about myself, maybe that'll change in the future. For now, I consider myself a libertarian somewhat, with social leanings that go both right and left. Economically I feel I am more of a righty.

I have yet to read a debate to convince me on pro-choice. I cannot within myself see a point that after a sperm meets and egg that the fetus is not human. It's is not a fully developed human but nonetheless, it can only be seen as the genesis of humanity. I cannot morally justify to myself that killing that fetus at any point is okay, unless of very specific circumstances. How can we as humans arbitrarily draw a line that defines human life? Consciousness? What of the man that is in a coma? Is a born infant truly aware of itself? "My body, my choice"? Is it actually your body, or another human's simply inside your own? I can understand the rationale behind many women's choices to kill the fetus but I cannot abide by someone that does such an action out of convenience.

3 hours ago, lucio said:

im sure its much safer

would you be looking to leave if the election went the other way?

I don't know. 

At the end of the day more people voted for Hillary than Trump, but even on that regard there were nearly 60 million voters, throughout this country, who looked at Trump and thought enough of him to elect him to lead this nation. Theres a disconnect here, and I don't even think its worth building a bridge on. I feel like the guy in the confessions of a republican ad, except instead of republican its pretty much American.

Things that I were taught to value, like respect, honor, and decency quite obviously mean nothing to Americans today. Where progressivism is one of cowering, and conservatism is one of bullying. Couldnt imagine having a kid here, and having them see Obama open his house for a guy who has been a bigot to him for years. Guys like Trump never learn because they never had to, and we just given this type of behavior the ultimate praise. 

This man ain't some billionaire for no reason. This ain't no naive businessman running for presidency. Donald Trump is a very wise man, and he knew exactly what to say, to win the "white American" votes. It's not a matter of being able to implement his policies (don't think he believes them) but it's all about the votes for him. He clearly set out his target audience in this entire campaign and couldn't care about what the 10% of minorities in America think because he knew the White Americans villagers would vote him.

Anyways, the US presidential position honestly means very little, in fact his appointment will make very little if any difference to the common American's life. This isn't a third world country where the leader can freely throw their fists around. 

I personally, don't support any of Trump's policies, as they are all built on xenophobia and hate. I can understand he is neither of those things and everything comes out of his mouth, is simply an election tactic. 

42 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

his ain't no naive businessman running for presidency. Donald Trump is a very wise man,

He is like fuck this is a bloke who's own advisers banned him from his twitter feed. One of the most disturbing things he has ever said he would date his own daughter and that she was a fine piece of ass. Who in the name of sanity says that about there own daughter?.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He is like fuck this is a bloke who's own advisers banned him from his twitter feed. One of the most disturbing things he has ever said he would date his own daughter and that she was a fine piece of ass. Who in the name of sanity says that about there own daughter?.

That shows he listens to his advisors and isn't totally wrapped up in his own actions. What is a joke?

The sad irony in all of this is that, for how pissed off people are about the two choices for presidency, the republican voters and democrat voters are the ones that picked these two. It's not like the parties picked the candidates. People don't want to do their own work and research candidates. They want to watch the news and make their decisions based on the stories they run.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

In the last year, I feel that I've grown a lot in maturity when it comes to politics. I love reading viewpoints on both sides of the coin. I try to be the most neutral and unbiased man I can, so I can have the most learned and knowledgeable view point. I have several conservative journals that I frequent (Canadian Rebel Media, [Dave] Rubin Report, and American Daily Wire), but I struggle with finding an news source on the left that isn't blatantly biased.  Of course the three I listed have their biases but everything does and compared to journals like Huffington Post, Fox News, MSNBC, nearly everything Australian, CNN, Breitbart, InfoWars etc; they are relatively unbiased. Does anyone have suggestions, most journals are just echo-chambers that only serve their own agenda. It is tiring being told that as an immigrant I should fear Trump, but also as a white man I should be ashamed of myself. I don't want to be told what to believe, I want to be presented with facts to make my own opinion. 

If we have to use labels, personally, just a few years ago I would describe myself a hard-leftie. Welfare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, feminism, the whole nine yards before it became the 'cool thing to be'. Upon reflection I have discovered many things about myself, maybe that'll change in the future. For now, I consider myself a libertarian somewhat, with social leanings that go both right and left. Economically I feel I am more of a righty.

I have yet to read a debate to convince me on pro-choice. I cannot within myself see a point that after a sperm meets and egg that the fetus is not human. It's is not a fully developed human but nonetheless, it can only be seen as the genesis of humanity. I cannot morally justify to myself that killing that fetus at any point is okay, unless of very specific circumstances. How can we as humans arbitrarily draw a line that defines human life? Consciousness? What of the man that is in a coma? Is a born infant truly aware of itself? "My body, my choice"? Is it actually your body, or another human's simply inside your own? I can understand the rationale behind many women's choices to kill the fetus but I cannot abide by someone that does such an action out of convenience.

I think you'll have to just read stories and do the work to verify yourself. Every news outlet is funded by someone and nothing is going to be bias free. Even scientific research has to be examined for bias.

I used to have the feeling that you reap what you sow. You have sex and make a baby, you should pay the consequences.

But we are overpopulated. We're living longer and have better health overall. While that's happening, we're also consuming more resources at a higher rate. We're tearing the Earth apart to get its resources. If you want a better life for the future, you should want the population to stop growing at such a high pace. I don't want mandated population control, but I would like to see people have less kids.

Part of that is allowing people who don't want to have kids to get abortions. If a person knowingly isn't ready for a child or can't provide a good life for a child, should we be forcing them to further add to the world's population and potentially provide a poor childhood? They could put the child up for adoption, but that doesn't help the population problem.

Even when I was moderately pro-life, I made the exception for rape victims and those that would potentially die during labor. Rape is a tricky situation, because proof of sexual assault is hard to come by.

Can we please just use protection!? It may be a pain and "take away from the fun" but life is full of trade-offs.

2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I don't know. 

At the end of the day more people voted for Hillary than Trump, but even on that regard there were nearly 60 million voters, throughout this country, who looked at Trump and thought enough of him to elect him to lead this nation. Theres a disconnect here, and I don't even think its worth building a bridge on. I feel like the guy in the confessions of a republican ad, except instead of republican its pretty much American.

Things that I were taught to value, like respect, honor, and decency quite obviously mean nothing to Americans today. Where progressivism is one of cowering, and conservatism is one of bullying. Couldnt imagine having a kid here, and having them see Obama open his house for a guy who has been a bigot to him for years. Guys like Trump never learn because they never had to, and we just given this type of behavior the ultimate praise. 

Hang in there

Mexican isn't a race or ethnicity, it is a nationality. If a colony like Mexico has a blanket 'race' then it applies to America, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, etc. I can safely say that I'm a national Australian, but definitely not an Indigenous Australian. Isn't it disrespectful towards the actual Indigenous peoples of Mexico and those with European and other South-American ancestry just to lump them into a 'pile'?   Trump is not racist, he is jingoist, he doesn't care about race but nationality. 

I find the ignorance of people that obfuscate nationality and race quite annoying. 

@iseah100 What do you think about this assessment? 

That didn't take long

Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare, President-elect says in major U-turn

Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.

"Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," Trump told the newspaper. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, Mr Trump said that he may well keep at least two of the main provisions of the healthcare bill. He said that he is favouring retaining a key part of Obamacare that stops insurers from refusing to cover people because they have existing conditions, and another that lets parents add coverage for their children to their own policies.

“I like those very much,” he told the paper.

2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Hang in there

Breaks my heart seeing Ernie like that.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Mexican isn't a race or ethnicity, it is a nationality. If a colony like Mexico has a blanket 'race' then it applies to America, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, etc. I can safely say that I'm a national Australian, but definitely not an Indigenous Australian. Isn't it disrespectful towards the actual Indigenous peoples of Mexico and those with European and other South-American ancestry just to lump them into a 'pile'?   Trump is not racist, he is jingoist, he doesn't care about race but nationality. 

I find the ignorance of people that obfuscate nationality and race quite annoying. 

@iseah100 What do you think about this assessment? 

He isnt talking about White Mexicans though honestly.

He wouldn't bat an eye at a  Canelo Alvarez looking person. When he talks about Mexicans bringing trouble the image he is painting is very clear. They are indigenous, they are short, they are brown. That is the national image of the mexican immigrant in America because that is the who the average person is coming in contact with. They are our janitors, our farm workers, our maids, and in some cases our criminals.

Same way calling somebody Australian over here would give an image of a person of European descent, and not one that looks like a subsaharan African even though that is the indigenous Australian. Trump and his dad were part of one of the largest(if not the largest) housing discrimination suits in American history because in new york of all places he wouldnt rent out apartments to African Americans. If Trump isnt a racist he sure does a fantastic job of acting like one.