The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Atlético Madrid are a team made for suffering as title bid ends so close to line

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/09/atletico-madrid-team-suffering-title-bid-ends-levante-diego-simeone

Sid was right, Atletico indeed are forever destined to be a losing team. 

I 'm afraid Atletico was shite yesterday and RM stupidly failed to win it inside the 90 minutes.
Strange thing we saw ten pens without goalies !
Oblak is useless in pens, Navas is too short.

Torres pen missed by Griezmann was from Grim's fairytales.
Ronaldo was the worst of the 22.

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Shame Atleti fell at the final hurdle once again. They've niw lost three European Cup finals

It was on BT Showcase, which is on freeview and was free to watch on YT.

Bloody hell I didn't know that would have saved me a trip to the boozer ha ha. Still think it should be shown on terrestrial tv though.

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Atletico gifted them the title. about the softest cl win ever given the run in they had malmö, as rom, man city... Atletico sweeping aside all the big guns for them. football is so unfair. barca or bayern would have made light work out of this rigid REal team. 

Yeah it is unfair, but that how it works. And what I mean 'as expected' was the result of the 'derby'. Real could not afford to lose. They play like crazy every time they face their neighbour in cup competitions. Not that I am expecting them since the beginning. As I thought Barca will did it again.

Bloody hell I didn't know that would have saved me a trip to the boozer ha ha. Still think it should be shown on terrestrial tv though.

I agree, but BT paid enough to secure it. They want all the views

• 2 months later...

Can't wait for tonight's match frankly. Should be a cracker, Sampaoli's introduction to the European football. He's used his trademark 3-3-1-3 in friendly matches so far, really looking forward to seeing if he's going to stick to this as the season goes by. Outlets in Spain indicate that he will.

Sevilla's probable line-up tonight is   

Konoplyanka Vietto Kiyotake

N'Zonzi

Escudero          Iborra          Mariano

Kolo Carrico Pareja

Rico

Sevilla 

Vazquez Vietto Kiyotake

N'Zonzi

Vitolo           Iborra            Mariano

Kolo Carrico Pareja

Rico

Madrid

Asensio Morata Lucas

Isco   Modric

Casemiro

Marcelo Ramos Varane Carvajal

Kiko