The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm afraid I'm very, very old fashioned about this. I'm gald they went through, hope they win it, and hope City win the other one too.

Nothing wrong with that - I always support English teams in CL - even if it is funny to laugh at them now and again. 

I grew up watching Utd take on Europe - with Lee Sharpe et al. I detest Utd in the league, but when they are flying the English flag, I will back them. 

Whats that old saying an enemy of my enemy is my friend... Well that's exactly how I see it :)

England is my country and I always want to see it do well on the World Stage - nothing wrong with that :)

39 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

The Live Build-Up to The UCL Draw and UEL Draw

Semi-final and final draws
Nyon, Switzerland - Friday 15 April 2016 11.30CET

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/draws/round=2000637/drawcentre/index.html

Semi-final and final draws
Nyon, Switzerland - Friday 15 April 2016 12.30CET

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2016/draws/round=2000662/drawcentre/index.html

Ooh nice ties :) 

City are far from doomed IMO.

I thought before the draw their best draw would be Real Madrid because Atleti and Bayern are too strong for them in two legs. In a final you never know.

Real are not that impressive and City are certainly better than Wolfsburg.

The tricky part for them is Real are the visitors yet again in the first leg and away goals will probably count big time in the SF.

THE UEL SEMI-FINALS  FIXTURE MATCHES for UEL 2015/2016

SEMI-FINAL 1

Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) versus Sevilla (ESP)

SEMI-FINAL 2

Villarreal (ESP) versus Liverpool (ENG)

FINAL

WINNER OF SEMI-FINAL 2 WILL BE HOME TEAM FOR THE FINAL OF UEL 2015/2016

11 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Villarreal would be a tough draw, too. That defence is impenetrable at times, they're a bit like Atletico. And that dude Bailly is a rock at the back. 

Got your wish. 

Now to see if Villarreal are as you said. 

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Got your wish. 

Now to see if Villarreal are as you said. 

My bet is that Liverpool won't score in Spain. Remains to be seen what happens at Anfield, but if Villarreal score there it's going to take an awful lot of work for Liverpool to unlock that defence.

Nice draw for europa as well.

Btw, Atletico is definetely reaching the final this year. Bayern has had problems with both Juventus and Benfica, they've limped their way to the semifinal but that's as far as they'll go for me.
And Man City has a nice shot with Real as well, I only hope they don't win it :D

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

It's got another 'Magical Night at Anfield' written all over it, especially as they are at home second leg.

They'll win it and all be magical!!! Fair enough they did well and that but it's how much you hear about it! 

How could Dortmund do that to me? That game was in the bag. Twice. The level of defending after the 3-1 was reminiscent of the first game vs Bayern early in the season. Against Liverpool... They should be ashamed. Now they've drawn my second love. Villarreal will handle this, I'm sure of it. Of course playing at home first again but that won't be problem. A comfortable win without conceding at El Madrigal and a low scoring game at Anfield, Villarreal scoring at least once. To then go on and win the damn thing. Winning the EL would be monumental. It absolutely must happen. It must.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I really want to read the football news online but cannot bring myself to do it.....Places littered with Istanbul 2.....

The wankfest is as cringe as when Gerrard left Liverpool. Fuck football news today.

12 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

You guys ever seen this interview with Barcelona VP Javier Faus? Quite interesting..

Original (German)

Translation

«..we dont have corporations or sheiks paying us...»

And what are Qatar Airways? Peasants? 

Its also quite ridiculous that peple still put us in top brackets when comes to money. Real, Barca, Psg, Bayern, city, united are miles ahead in spending power. We might have the money, but we dont spend it like crazy for a while now, yet people will always put us next to psg or city, despite they fork out 100m more each year.

Besides if our club is not willing to pay extra 10m on real quality, but instead raises salaries by 10% more than other clubs, all we get are overpaid average players.