Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

• 2 weeks later...

Random rant:

Would it unfair to compare Gael to Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin?They both have a brilliant first touch and the ability to single-handedly turn a game around but on a bad day can go missing and practically leaving their team with 10 men.

that would be VERY unfair bordering on the ridiculous ...compare their ages ,,and experience and times on the picture ,,,one of the more stupid comparisons Ive seen

that would be VERY unfair bordering on the ridiculous ...compare their ages ,,and experience and times on the picture

I know he's still young and has all the time to develop into a completely different player but the current Gael Kakuta isn't much different to Arshavin,both have obvious qualities but (as many who have watched Gael can confirm) have the tendency to go missing for large parts of the game,can't really say if it's due to poor positioning or laziness.

one of the more stupid comparisons Ive seen
You haven't seen many then.

PS:Don't get all butthurt,I like Kakuta as much as the next (TX).

Edited by Kostas

I don't understand why when Kakuta is not dominating in game people say that he has been crap. Also after Euro u19 championship many have said that he has been poor but that is not true. He offered a lot of support to his team, passed the ball to his team mates and let them play.

I know he's still young and has all the time to develop into a completely different player but the current Gael Kakuta isn't much different to Arshavin,both have obvious qualities but (as many who have watched Gael can confirm) have the tendency to go missing for large parts of the game,can't really say if it's due to poor positioning or laziness.

You haven't seen many then.

PS:Don't get all butthurt,I like Kakuta as much as the next (TX).

arshavin 29 kakuta 19

arshavin 54 full intrnational caps kakuta U 19 caps

arshavin over 400 senior games kakuta 1 first team start ,,injured played only 45 minutes..

could give more stats ....but its nott worth it ...NEXT time put your brain in gear first

Edited by zolayes

The media will always say otherwise. Because Johnson is English, even if Kakuta went on to win Young Player of the Year, no-one would acknowledge him. In fact they'd say "Johnson deserved it more". As long as us Chelsea fans recognise his talent and potential it doesn't matter :)

ffs,:rant:

French media: Bayern are winning Kakuta chase

French midfield starlet Gael Kakuta could sign a pre-contract agreement with Bayern Munich in January, according to a report in esteemed publication France Football.

The 19-year-old, who has been capped by his national team at every youth level, has been tipped for a bright future at the top of the game but is said to be frustrated that his potential has yet to be rewarded with a long run of games in the Chelsea first team.

Signed from Lens in 2007 it is believed that Carlo Ancelotti is eager to incorporate the midfield dynamo into his plans, especially given the trouble taken by the Blues hierarchy in clearing the player of any wrongdoing after he was slapped with a four month ban and huge fine for apparently breaking a contract to move to Stamford Bridge.

Kakuta is currently competing against the likes of John Obi Mikel, Ramires, Michael Essien and Frank Lampard for a starting place; a tough task despite his obvious quality.

Under contract at Chelsea until the summer, Kakuta is free to make contact with potential suitors six months in advance. German giants Bayern Munich are thought to be one of a number of top European sides, but with their pedigree and willingness to blood young players in the first team, it is thought they represent an agreeable option.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/44351/French_media_Bayern_are_winning_Kakuta_chase.aspx

The 19-year-old, who has been capped by his national team at every youth level, has been tipped for a bright future at the top of the game but is said to be frustrated that his potential has yet to be rewarded with a long run of games in the Chelsea first team.

Kakuta is currently competing against the likes of John Obi Mikel, Ramires, Michael Essien and Frank Lampard for a starting place; a tough task despite his obvious quality.

I don't see why he thinks he should be given a 'long run of games in the Chelsea first team'. As BRMC said, he hasn't yet done anything of note in a Chelsea shirt. Carlo is giving him minutes in almost every game, can't see how he could do more. He's got more on his plate than just handing out starts to Kakuta to keep him pleased.

I don't see why he thinks he should be given a 'long run of games in the Chelsea first team'. As BRMC said, he hasn't yet done anything of note in a Chelsea shirt. Carlo is giving him minutes in almost every game, can't see how he could do more. He's got more on his plate than just handing out starts to Kakuta to keep him pleased.

It is another media speculation. They will write for every other player that he is frustrated.

THE THURSDAY INTERVIEW: GAEL KAKUTA

'It happens sometimes when people come through together and we talk about it between us', Kakuta says. 'We are happy with what the coach has done for us. He has helped a lot and given us all confidence. It is good and he is doing a really good job in the club.

'We spoke about the games and things like that, and he has said what he wants from me. I want to be involved in many games and try to get on the pitch as much as possible. I don't mind playing on the left or the right or behind the strikers. It is good to have different positions, that can help me in the future, and hopefully I can score some goals.'

blue%20scalf.gif