Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Olympiakos have approached Chelsea with a view to signing Gael Kakuta.

The Greek champions want to take the 17-year-old on a two-year loan from the Premier League giants.

Kakuta joined Chelsea in 2007 from Lens and was voted Scholar of the Year in his first season with the Blues.

The French youth international, who can play in midfield or attack, is highly rated and there is no suggestion Chelsea would contemplate selling him.

But former Chelsea scout Pelle Andersson is reported to have tipped off Olympiakos about Kakuta's potential.

However, reports suggest that Olympiakos' initial approach has been rebuffed as Chelsea want him to stay and develop in West London.

Kakuta is currently recovering from a broken ankle and is not due to return until the summer.

This would be really stupid in my opinion 2 years in the greek league is no good.

Source sky sports !

Edited by Jim

Not going to happen for 2 reasons:

1. We want him to get used to English football, so if he is loaned out it will be in this country.

2. So that he can be included in our home-grown roster for Europe i am not sure if we will loan him out anyway, i think it is 3 years at the club from memory.

Not going to happen for 2 reasons:

1. We want him to get used to English football, so if he is loaned out it will be in this country.

2. So that he can be included in our home-grown roster for Europe i am not sure if we will loan him out anyway, i think it is 3 years at the club from memory.

Plus he is just absolute class and a definate one for the future, we really need to look after him has serious potential to be one of the best players in the world

• 6 months later...

Name: Gaël Kakuta

Position: Attacking Midfielder/Winger (Number 10)

Joined From: RC Lens

Fee: n/a

Signed by: Frank Arnesen

103736845.jpg

Interesting facts:

After his first reserve game playing along side team mate Michael Ballack. The German international told journalists. "Go see the French lad, he is the star".

Personal Information:

Kakuta lives in North London with his mother and older brother. Didier Drogba is understood to have taken Kakuta under his wing when he first came to England.

one small step for Gael kakuta, one giant leap for Chelsea Football club.

the next step is to give him the number 7 shirt, because from the way he's handled the massive pressure of the transfer ban controvercy if any player has the character and natural talent to lift the so called curse it's kakuta.

Full of Tricks. A Bit Selfish from what I saw today and in the reserves. He needs to pick out players that are in better scoring positions than him. That will come with age.

His left foot though looks a cracker!!!

J.Cole was also very self indulgent today, but now we have kakuta we need to adopt a different perspective when reviewing him because he is a true Trequartista.

Full of Tricks. A Bit Selfish from what I saw today and in the reserves. He needs to pick out players that are in better scoring positions than him. That will come with age.

His left foot though looks a cracker!!!

Selfish?!? We where up 4 zip. Cech could have taken a shot from the other end and i wouldn't have cared. The problem in the past between our youngsters and Arsenal's is that Wenger gives them more than 3 minutes of playing time. Arsene lets them develop before shipping them off on loan if they don't score on there first touch. Carlo (whom i was very iffie about) is really giving these young lads a go. I honestly think we've signed a 20 year old Ballack (Matic) and have two really exciting speedsters coming of age.

Very exciting times ahead.....

With his sheer ability i see no reason why he can't be used as an impact sub on a more regular basis now. We need to keep testing him to see how he copes time and time again with the Premier League. As he has said himself he is probably MORE suited for first team football as the pace of the game suits his style and allows him to do what he does best...

sky news said he made no impact in that reserve game, so i doubt he will get any time against arsenal

but he looked good against wolves

Lol, typical of the press to pick up on that.... The whole team played poorly for the reserves last night, that game has zero reflection on Kakuta's ability. He is part of the 20 man squad for tommorows CL game, the only youngster going. I wouldn't be suprised if he came on too. The reserves is a poor guideline for first team ability in truth, the proof is in the training he does with the first team, THAT is what Ancelotti will base his choices on..