test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,953 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

And that hides a lot of Delph's weaknesses, but also showcases the stronger areas of his game. Exactly the opposite of Ruben being played in the front three.

I'd argue playing Ruben more advanced does exactly that at this point.

12 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

And that hides a lot of Delph's weaknesses, but also showcases the stronger areas of his game. Exactly the opposite of Ruben being played in the front three.

Delph is a walking weakness himself. Players should be able to rotate into more than one position. How much are they being paid again? Azpi doesn't even play his natural position. Victor Moses. etc. 

He should at least be able to do a job up top. Also, I doubt many teams would revolve their teams around RLC just so he could play in his position. 

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Delph is a walking weakness himself. Players should be able to rotate into more than one position. How much are they being paid again? Azpi doesn't even play his natural position. Victor Moses. etc. 

He should at least be able to do a job up top. Also, I doubt many teams would revolve their teams around RLC just so he could play in his position. 

Pep likes his fullbacks to go into centre midfield during general play, so in that Delph at fullback works well, infact similar to Moses as wingback as Conte likes them to go forward and offer width but they aren't totally responsible to end product, which is Moses weakness.

It's been said for many seasons that he lacks adequate fitness, specifically stamina. After around 65 minutes in the first game, he was basically done, though not useless. It was clear though that starting him just a couple days later would be lunacy - nobody thought it would happen - yet it did, and of course he ended up injured. That's just bad management, not understanding a player. Then again, it's up to RLC to address this too.

He does have stamina problems but that stems from him not playing lots of pro games. Hence why the Palace loan is important. 

I feel like he’s quite injury prone though. He’s had a few injury problems at Palace as well. 

Barney Ronay‏Verified account 
@barneyronay
7h7 hours ago
More
Fascinating to hear Southgate say Loftus-Cheek has a struggle playing 90 minutes even when fit. Always considered this a key factor in being contracted as a professional footballer

@theskipper RLC has had stamina problems since he was 15/16

OneMoSalah and The Skipper like this

10 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Barney Ronay‏Verified account 
@barneyronay
7h7 hours ago
More
Fascinating to hear Southgate say Loftus-Cheek has a struggle playing 90 minutes even when fit. Always considered this a key factor in being contracted as a professional footballer

@theskipper RLC has had stamina problems since he was 15/16

Yeah. I would like to hear your take on his stamina and whether you think he’ll improve?

I believe if he had let’s say the lungs of a Kante or Ramires - he’d probably be a first team player here already. He has the potential to be a player like Yaya if he had the stamina - it’s a big reason why he peters in and out of games in my opinion. 

mccg likes this

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think people are getting way too much carried away with him and his potential and all the Pogba comparisons do not help either. RLC is a decent player, good on the ball, carrying it and stuff but he has literally 0 output and that is not because we never gave him a chance here, he also had 0 output in our youth teams and at the same time he offers no defensive protection. So tell me which player a team should sacrifice for a midfielder or second striker with that very profile?

I get it,people like him, even I like him, he is from our academy, he is big, he is English, looks super cool and the way he moves looks just so elegant and effortless. I bet he is a great guy too. But having him in the team he and giving him playing time, he needs to offer something over some other player in roughly his position. Which is what I do not see. Not even over Fabregas, Drinkwater or Willian. Hence that loan was not only necessary it was overdue. 

I fear that the hype will eat him up. Happens 99% of the time - a young English talent rises with the help of the media, thinks he made it big, and falls off. This is why only the mentally strong and dedicated really make it, we shall see if he's up for it and will not only manage to keep consistency throughout several seasons, but improve as well and improve he must.