test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Started by Jim,

89 posts in this topic

That's a very, very unfair analysis on a multitude of counts. Hasselbaink was a penalty taker his entire career, was very rarely injured and always first-choice up front, whereas in 2004-2006 Drogba was rotated with Gudjohnsen and Crespo, in 2008 was totally frozen out of the squad and in 2010 took months to return to his best because of malaria...

Don't forget, Jimi Floyd had the privilege to play along side Zola. I am sure that helped his goal tally. TBH though, Jimi Floyd could put the ball on target anywhere he was at on the pitch. He was simply amazing when he was on his game. Checkout this terrific highlight video of Jimi Floyd in Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jybYJmQtVc

I said it before & I will say it again, if you like Jimi Floyd, then you read his autobiography. Great Read!!!!

James likes this

According to the technical director of Antwerp FC Jimmy will be the new manager of the second division team next year. His first task will be to manage them back to the first division.

Antwerp relegated in the 2003/2004 season from Belgian first division.

CHOULO19, Styles and LDN Blue like this

According to the technical director of Antwerp FC Jimmy will be the new manager of the second division team next year. His first task will be to manage them back to the first division.

Antwerp relegated in the 2003/2004 season from Belgian first division.

Great news. Everybody has to start somewhere. Hopefully once they get promoted we can send him a few players. CFC family spreading all over Europe, gotta love that.

I don't think I need any excuse for posting this :D

:worship:

robdog likes this

Great news. Everybody has to start somewhere. Hopefully once they get promoted we can send him a few players. CFC family spreading all over Europe, gotta love that.

Antwerp is already affiliated to Man U. <_<

Antwerp is already affiliated to Man U. <_<

Hasn't that coop died a bit over the years? I really don't know, are there still players going either way lately? Are the logo's of Man U still present at the stand @ the bosuil? Haven't seen an Antwerp game for ten years or so..

yes the coop still excists but not as big as it was.

this year nobody from them have come yet

and now SAF is gone i don't think the coop is going to last very much longer

tonight it's hasselbaink first game as headcoach of my team

pre season was good with very good signings for the club

cant wait

2-7 win in he's 2nd game

in an interview he said he liked how they play in england

and is trying to do the same with r.a.f.c. as manager

Good interview -in it he says he was fucked off when Mourinho got rid of him, but you can two things ''get moody and sulk, or move on and do your best somewhere else''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25536568

The beauty of hindsight, imagine if we kept Jimmy instead of signing Kezman. We would have probably hit 100 points and almost certainly would have scored atleast 1 past Liverpool in the CL.

Fulham Broadway likes this

The beauty of hindsight, imagine if we kept Jimmy instead of signing Kezman. We would have probably hit 100 points and almost certainly would have scored atleast 1 past Liverpool in the CL.

Haha absolutely. On form jimmy was superb, though like others he had his droughts, and a headed goal was rarer than hens teeth, but like drogs he performed on the big occasions.

I was at kezmans debut, he was never the same when Robbie Savage introduced him to the premiership by elbowing him in the head. Savage is now undoubtably the worst BBC pundit ever.

Tomo likes this

I loved Jimmy to death! I have always been gutted he never got that one season under Jose. He definately deserved to win more trophies than just the one charity shield....

what a partnership with Eidur in their second season! One of the most leathal strike partnerships this clubs ever seen surely. 50 goals between them that year.

The last time i saw him in a blue shirt was the game he came on against wolves on his 32nd birthday and became the only Chelsea player to score a hattrick after coming off the bench!

And the last time i saw him play was Chelsea v Charlton back in 07. He scores and the whole ground rises to give him a standing ovation. One of my favourite Chelsea memories!!

And the last time i saw him play was Chelsea v Charlton back in 07. He scores and the whole ground rises to give him a standing ovation. One of my favourite Chelsea memories!!

I was literally just remembering that and look what I came across..

boshman likes this